Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natronforever View Post
    Is there some correlation between audiophilia and liberalism? ...
    Trust me: that I haven't noticed.

Perhaps were I to upgrade my very modest gear I'd become embittered toward "crony capitalists" and surrender to lazy statistics that limit my life's status to that into which I was unwittingly born. Haha. God bless America. I'm happy to provide a touch of dissension. Plus, don't forget that as a Mormon myself I'm pretty required to vote for Gov. Romney.
    God bless American indeed. It's sad to watch while a great nation transitions from a democracy to a plutocracy.

The LDS Church is the almost as big a scam as Scientology. (But only slightly worse than most other flavors of religion.)

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    This statement reeks of illiteracy, which in turn has wreaked havoc on your spelling.
    Yes, I am just illiterate enough to poke holes the size of Texas in your thoughtless points.

Glad to know you got to know President Obama so intimately at a book signing.

Is there some correlation between audiophilia and liberalism? Perhaps were I to upgrade my very modest gear I'd become embittered toward "crony capitalists" and surrender to lazy statistics that limit my life's status to that into which I was unwittingly born. Haha. God bless America. I'm happy to provide a touch of dissension. Plus, don't forget that as a Mormon myself I'm pretty required to vote for Gov. Romney.
    So based on that last statement, you Mormons are not allowed to think for yourself. God does not want Robots, but the Mormon Church does. I wouldn't last ten milliseconds in the Mormon Church, and somehow that makes me really happy.

Maybe your name should be Robby instead.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    Steel Cage....here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Steel Cage....here we come

Nooooooooooooooooo its cold in there.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    ....God bless American indeed. It's sad to watch while a great nation transitions from a democracy to a plutocracy.

The LDS Church is the almost as big a scam as Scientology. (But only slightly worse than most other flavors of religion.)
    the stupidity of the masses is even worse than that. the religious right would have a Christian based theocracy, but they dont understand that Mormonism is a cult and not a Christian faith.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

If you guys think Democrats and Republicans are that much different, think again. Check out this video where Edward Griffin make a good argument (start at 4 minute mark) that whomever is in the whitehouse, the major policies willl be the same.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jAdu0N1-tvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    If you guys think Democrats and Republicans are that much different, think again. Check out this video where Edward Griffin make a good argument (start at 4 minute mark) that whomever is in the whitehouse, the major policies willl be the same.
    i think thats a fair assessment. Obama is a status quo politician and has continued with most of the Bush Administration policies that he inherited and i dont see that changing if he wins a 2nd term. even though the Republicans have spread out more to the right in recent years, historically Dems and Reps have been mostly moderate leaning parties.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Big Fresh
    Sir Terrence,
    Glad to see you proofread your last post. Also, you seem to know just as much about my religion as you do about sarcasm. Lighten up.

Dingus,
    Wait, so now I'm a non-Christian cultist? Yawn. Tell me something I haven't already heard. Mainstream Christians are among the most ardent in asserting that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not Christian, like it matters. Prostestantism must have some sort of copyright on the term, I guess. Telling me I'm not a Christian doesn't make me any less so. Frankly, the honor isn't yours to extend or deny. Sling mud all you want, if it makes you feel better. Believe me, I can take it. But when you're through, and ready to stop being so bitter, I'll send you some missionaries to serve you the special conversion Kool-Aid. Mmmmm, it's delicious. Drink up, brother.
    Receiver: H/K AVR 325
    Mains: Polk RTi-38
    Center: Polk CSi-30
    Surrounds: Polk FXi-30
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-isd
    TV: Panasonic TH-C46FD18

...Wait, so now I'm a non-Christian cultist? Yawn. Tell me something I haven't already heard. Mainstream Christians are among the most ardent in asserting that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not Christian, like it matters. Prostestantism must have some sort of copyright on the term, I guess. Telling me I'm not a Christian doesn't make me any less so. Frankly, the honor isn't yours to extend or deny. Sling mud all you want, if it makes you feel better. Believe me, I can take it....
    the mud i've slung has been aimed squarely at Romney, not for his religious beliefs, but for his business conduct.

you said it yourself, you are obligated to cast your vote for Mitt the twit. what Christian religions are making it their business to follow you into the voting booth? Mormons dont have private lives. their activity and behavior are monitored. teams are sent to your door (invited or not) and conduct interviews to make sure you are in compliance. there is a chain of command that must be obeyed, so if the Bishop tells you to do something stupid like quit your job, you must. your finances are monitored, and not just to ensure that you are tithing properly. your diet, dress, entertainment, who you are friends with, when and where you attend services are all restricted at all times. you cant just decide to quit, or resign from the church, they decide if you are still a member or not.

a religious organization that monitors and controls the private lives and finances of its members and forces membership on them despite their personal wishes, yeah thats a cult. plus you guys get into some really weird stuff too. the magic underwear. rites conducted on behalf of the dead, no matter if the deceased had ever heard of Mormonism. a mother is rendered subordinate to her son when he achieves the proper rank in the Priesthood as early as age 16. until fairly recently, apparently God was a racist. the belief that God engaged in physical sexual intercourse with Mary, which means he has a physical penis. its really bizarre, if God has a functioning penis does he also have a functioning anus? whats it like in the Mormon universe when God urinates, farts, or takes dump?

and then there is the anti-Christian doctrine where Mormonism invalidates itself as a Christian faith, just follow each point to its logical conclusion. the belief that Mormonism is the only true Christian faith, all others are false. that God was once a man and Mormons can become Gods themselves. that the Book of Mormon and the Bible that tells of Christ are the true word of God, yet the Sacrifice of the Cross as recorded in the Bible is insufficient for Salvation. this stuff is off the top of my head, i'm sure there is more i am not aware of.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Mormon faith is nuts but I don't think mainstream Christianity can take any high ground on crazy. Different crazy but still crazy. The only difference between religion and cult is the size of membership.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

See that's crazy - and let's not even start with Catholics - draws in the pedophiles like crazy.

Maher on Catholicism - YouTube

Suspended
    It's a real shame but from my experience, most peoples political views are their religion, and the other way around. What ever happened to separation of Church and State.

I don't give a rats ass if the candidate is Atheist or Buddhist. If they can run the country and keep it all in check, that is all that matters to me, as long as they themselves don't make political decisions based on religious brainwashing beliefs.

Sir Terrence,
    Glad to see you proofread your last post. Also, you seem to know just as much about my religion as you do about sarcasm. Lighten up.

Dingus,
    Wait, so now I'm a non-Christian cultist? Yawn. Tell me something I haven't already heard. Mainstream Christians are among the most ardent in asserting that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not Christian, like it matters. Prostestantism must have some sort of copyright on the term, I guess. Telling me I'm not a Christian doesn't make me any less so. Frankly, the honor isn't yours to extend or deny. Sling mud all you want, if it makes you feel better. Believe me, I can take it. But when you're through, and ready to stop being so bitter, I'll send you some missionaries to serve you the special conversion Kool-Aid. Mmmmm, it's delicious. Drink up, brother.
    The Book of Mormon is transparently a fabrication & fraud perpetrated by Joseph Smith. Assuredly there never were any "latter-day saints". This is what makes the LDS Church a "cult" and scam.

Personally I draw a pretty fine and grey line between cults and religions. They are both delusion, it's just the cults involve the element of fraud vs. just sincere if delusionary belief.

Yes, true: I have no problem insulting people's "religions". My Bad.

Sir Terrence,
    I am not much for sarcasm when it sounds more like condescension. The less I know about your racist religion, the better off I am. Your fore leaders had wonderful things to say about Blacks in the past.

Mormons and Black Skin

Not much here to be so lofty over........please troll somewhere else. .
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by ea talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
    Now you're just making' sh*t up. Where in the Bible does it say Christ ate brains?
    TCA ATT GGA

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    Now you're just making' sh*t up. Where in the Bible does it say Christ ate brains?
    Not all zombies eat brains. Some of us like toast with PB&J.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

You guys should really just leave a mans God and religion out of it. That is the ultimate thread killer in my opinion.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    Everything is symbolic - you have to be somewhat brainless to buy into it - so yup Braaaaaains - are being left inside the church.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    You guys should really just leave a mans God and religion out of it. That is the ultimate thread killer in my opinion.
    I'd be all for that if men would leave their religions out of my politics.

Quote Originally Posted by dingus View Post
    i think thats a fair assessment. Obama is a status quo politician and has continued with most of the Bush Administration policies that he inherited and i dont see that changing if he wins a 2nd term.
    Yes, I feel the pain already. When Obama came into office, cigarettes prices almost double (from $30 to $50 a carlton) due to new taxes

And when the new health care law go into effect, it mean more taxes from the poor and working class pockets since if you don't have health insurance (which most poor poeple can't affort), IRS will fine you. That means on top of all the financial troubles one have, they will owe money to the government also

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Yes, I feel the pain already. When Obama came into office, cigarettes prices almost double (from $30 to $50 a carlton) due to new taxes

And when the new health care law go into effect, it mean more taxes from the poor and working class pockets since if you don't have health insurance (which most poor poeple can't affort), IRS will fine you. That means on top of all the financial troubles one have, they will owe money to the government also
    Parts of the new health care law are already in effect. My sons are still covered under my family plan because of the new health care law. It has saved us quite a bit of money and my premiums haven't gone up. I have no complaints.

federal taxes are levied by the Congress....

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Parts of the new health care law are already in effect. My sons are still covered under my family plan because of the new health care law. It has saved us quite a bit of money and my premiums haven't gone up. I have no complaints.
    Lets see how this new law will work out with the poor and those that can not afford health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by dingus
    federal taxes are levied by the Congress...
    But it was Obama who signed the tax hike in February 2009. Former president George Bush vetoed it.

Biggest U.S. tax hike on tobacco takes effect - USATODAY.com
    Last edited by Smokey; 09-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    You can't take religion out of it. When you believe in the total insanity of the Mormon faith it says a LOT about the individual who believes it. I don't want nutbars with their finger on the biggest trigger in the world. I would rather have a Cat in charge of the country than Romney.

smokey - stop smoking.

I am a lefty from Canada but it is bothersome to see young people (under 40) smoke. I get old geezers - they got addicted and it's difficult to quit but lung cancer from smoking is one of the most expensive medical treatments that government (me) has to pay for because some putz thinks it's cool. The least they can do is pay a hefty tax so that when they get their operation they will have helped PAY for their future operation.

There should also be a MASSIVE increase (for tax) on High Fructose Corn Syrup. This is costing the system massive sums of money. in heart attacks and diabetes all the way down to things like Gout.

The U.S. medical system is one of those compromises - they should have pretty much copied the Canadian System. The Canadian system "mostly" works. I would make the case that the system if completely 100% copied in the US would actually work MUCH better in the US because of much denser populations. The big drain on Canada is transportation to small communities - suck money. You can't put a full out facility in a tiny town so you have to fly them everywhere - including the U.S. because it's faster to get them there than to a Canadian hospital in some cases - and Canada pays the full American hospital bill (which is probably jacked up once they know a country is footing the bill).

Doctors in the States would make similar money - but they'd cut their workloads by at LEAST 1/2 and would not have to hire staff to deal with HMO's. Everyone in the U.S. would have a LOT LESS stress - you will never lose your home because of a medical bill, less stressed people means less people shooting 20 people in a theater because they can actually afford the schizo pills and actually have a doctor who is not overburdened and can take more time on each case. Too many mentally ill walking the streets who should not be. It's not perfect in Canada - either but the problem in Canada is the lack of humanpower to cover a wide enough net. That's less so in the States.

And we don't pay the taxes you might think we pay either.

Here is the Income tax rate in 2012 in Canada (the first $10k is tax free)

15% on the first $42,707 of taxable income, +
    22% on the next $42,707 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $42,707 up to $85,414), +
    26% on the next $46,992 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $85,414 up to $132,406), +
    29% of taxable income over $132,406.

This is not a bad trade for free medical, highways, fire, etc etc.

Yes, I feel the pain already. When Obama came into office, cigarettes prices almost double (from $30 to $50 a carlton) due to new taxes ...
    But smoking is a choice, eh? So you can easily (?) avoid the tax.

This is a puzzling perspectivve. First, health insurance is a good thing I'd think. True, with an acute problem you can stumble into an emergency department, but what about preventive and routine care? People die because they don't have insurance.

Further, under the ACA, you actually have a choice. Don't want to buy insurance, pay a tax. (Don't want to pay the tax, buy insurance.) Initially the tax/penalty will be very low.

Under our Canadian systems, (each province has its own), typically people pay no premiums. The systems are funded from general tax revenues. Given the poor play lower taxes, they have negligible extra burden on account of healthcare.

Suck this up, my friend: the USA needs a universal healthcare system like all other developed countries. You guys down there need to stop being stupid about his.

The Medicare funding problem in the USA is a self-inflicted. The problem is caused by (1) ageing populations, (unavoidable), and (2) general healthcare costs increasing far about inflation or the GDP, (definitely avoidable). The latter is caused by for-profit insurance and for-profit delivery. N.B. it's a lie that Obama is de-funding of Medicare; Medicare will be made cheaper by spreading costs to the ACA expanded coverage.

And when the new health care law go into effect, it mean more taxes from the poor and working class pockets since if you don't have health insurance (which most poor poeple can't affort), IRS will fine you. That means on top of all the financial troubles one have, they will owe money to the government also :)
    You see Smokey...that simply is not true.....for those who can't afford it, like the poor, there is something called hardship. And for those who can afford it but don't purchase, they will have to pay the penalty, no one else....the way its stands now, you are paying for all the dead beats.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information