Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    This forum never did fully rebound and, it did hang on for a few years before rigor mortis set in.
    This place died the day they downgraded to vBulletin software and has only died more since.

Was the bashing that myself and others got continually from Mtrycraft and his band of merry DBTers because I can hear differences in certain cables acceptable bashing to you? Sounds like Selective Bashing is OK as long as Religion is left out.

Typical cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    This place died the day they downgraded to vBulletin software and has only died more since.

Was the bashing that myself and others got continually from Mtrycraft and his band of merry DBTers because I can hear differences in certain cables acceptable bashing to you? Sounds like Selective Bashing is OK as long as Religion is left out.
    C'mon now. You know changing the platform bad no bearing on the decline of this site. The direction of it did.

Cables are audio related. Religion is not

Besides, measurable and audible differences can be scientifically proven or disproven. It's just that when the purported differences disappear like morning dew in the early morning sun when put to the test that the loudest supporters cried foul. The hard-headed cable nuts left for other sites and only the dregs remained here.

Religion, however, cannot. That relies purely on faith so, without the DBT'ers to rag on, they moved more towards politics and religion in order to vent their hatred..

You digress from my premise, but thanks for proving my point ...again.

It's tragic when a so-called audio site has sunk to the point where it has to stoop to religion bashing to draw posters, isn't it?

Suspended
    Mark, you seem to be the main one with a problem yet you just keep coming back. Why not just go and be done with it? I would say you enjoy it or you would just ignore the thread and move on.

We all have our ways to have fun.

Mark, you seem to be the main one with a problem yet you just keep coming back. Why not just go and be done with it? I would say you enjoy it or you would just ignore the thread and move on.
    As much as y'all love freely screwing with believers, I enjoy being the sand in your vaseline.

Remember, my post on the 9/11 Libya bombings mentioned nothing about religion. Y'all threw that ball into the arena and gleefully started kicking it around all by yourselves.

I just provide commentary on what kind of people people you are. You should be proud of yourselves.

Oh, I misspoke earlier. Not everyone who remained here are "dregs".Just those that create or enjoy posting in most of the angst ridden threads in this particular forum. My apologies to those that read these e threads with their face placed firmly in the palm of their hand while shaking their heads.
    Last edited by markw; 10-04-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Suspended
    What is wrong with questioning things? I'm really not sure who you are referring to as bashing religion. I have kept my entries pretty civil and for the most part just questioning illogical thinking and why it is ok to have selective faith along with asking for an explanation to things in the bible that the believers say must be read and taken literally and not as correspondences.

Since you are so enlightened, why don't you take a stab at explaining the validity of the Adam and Eve story? Or are you ok with being an incestuous in-bread as the story implies we all are?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Why is anyone surprised that politics turns into religion. It is only a reflection of what is happening on the National Stage. We have one party that wants abortion banned due to their religious beliefs. As a member of the other party we are often called godless. In the fight for marriage equality which is a legal contract between two loving adults again you find religion trying to interfere with the rights of some.

I see the Country as more of a business and not where I would go for moral guidance. I do not want a country that does immoral things but it has gone to war needlessly, allowed torture and talk of removing safety nets for the elderly and poor. Talking about religion does not make one a good person and not believing does not make one a good person.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

What is wrong with questioning things? I'm really not sure who you are referring to as bashing religion. I have kept my entries pretty civil and for the most part just questioning illogical thinking and why it is ok to have selective faith along with asking for an explanation to things in the bible that the believers say must be read and taken literally and not as correspondences.

Since you are so enlightened, why don't you take a stab at explaining the validity of the Adam and Eve story? Or are you ok with being an incestuous in-bread as the story implies we all are?
    Get back to me when you explain the validity of your grandfather talking to angels.

For you to jump, both feet first, into the religion bashing dog-pile, and then trying to deny it, is perhaps the most hypocritical thing I think I've ever seen. ...from several angles.

BTW, the word you want is "in-bred". In-bread is like the raisins in raisin bread.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Why is anyone surprised that politics turns into religion. It is only a reflection of what is happening on the National Stage. We have one party that wants abortion banned due to their religious beliefs. As a member of the other party we are often called godless. In the fight for marriage equality which is a legal contract between two loving adults again you find religion trying to interfere with the rights of some.

I see the Country as more of a business and not where I would go for moral guidance. I do not want a country that does immoral things but it has gone to war needlessly, allowed torture and talk of removing safety nets for the elderly and poor. Talking about religion does not make one a good person and not believing does not make one a good person.
    I have always maintained that ones Politics IS their Religious Belief and ones Religious Beliefs create their Political choices and decisions.

Why else would every political position and race and supreme court nominee be judged almost solely on whether that person believes in Abortion, Gay Rights or anything else that is more of a Religious Belief than having anything to do with Politics?

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Oh, I misspoke earlier. Not everyone who remained here are "dregs".
    Regardless of whether you had anyone in particular in mind, thank you for that acknowledgment.

I've checked your system and interests in your link. I haven't updated my system description in a while despite aquiring a new turntable. I'd like to hear more about whether you still use your cassette player, what kind of sound reinforcement equipment (pro audio) you have expereince with, if any, like microphones, pro speakers, pro amps and mixers and whether you set up systems capable of live recordings. But all those subjects are for other threads that never seem to materialize.

What in the Hell was wrong with Obama last night!!!!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Get back to me when you explain the validity of your grandfather talking to angels.

LOL, my Grandfather

Again, you only have selective Faith.

If you believe Moses talked to god because someone wrote it in a story book, then how could you even question that someone talked to angels?

Get back to me when you have actually read some of Swedenborg's writings. The Swedenborg religion, part of Christianity, was started long after he died but because his writings and teachings make sense, he obviously had many followers.

And all the while you are singling me out for bashing, I am promoting Swedenborg, a Christian religion.

LOL, my Grandfather

Again, you only have selective Faith.

If you believe Moses talked to god because someone wrote it in a story book, then how could you even question that someone talked to angels?

Get back to me when you have actually read some of Swedenborg's writings. The Swedenborg religion, part of Christianity, was started long after he died but because his writings and teachings make sense, he obviously had many followers
    Well, Moses had a heckuva lot of followers who persist to this day. Scientology has followers, too. As for Swedborg, talk to me in a few thousand years.

And all the while you are singling me out for bashing, I am promoting Swedenborg, a Christian religion.
    ...and yet you happily mock others. riiiiiiight.

Suspended
    Well, Moses had a heckuva lot of followers who persist to this day. Scientology has followers, too. As for Swedborg, talk to me in a few thousand years.

...and yet you happily mock others. riiiiiiight.
    Since you are so quick to give out spelling lessons while happily mocking others for spelling and grammar, try checking yourself for obvious mistakes.

Since you are so quick to give out spelling lessons while happily mocking others for spelling and grammar, try checking yourself for obvious mistakes.
    What makes you think that was a mistake?

Suspended
    What makes you think that was a mistake?
    Nice try, inbred!

Nice try, inbred!
    Class act you've got there. Betcha grandpa's proud of you here.

Suspended
    Class act you've got there. Betcha grandpa's proud of you here.
    Not sure why you take offense since you agree with it. If you believe the story, you identify with the facts they create. If the whole human race was created by two individuals, we are all inbreds now aren't we?

Nice try.

Not sure why you take offense since you agree with it. If you believe the story, you identify with the facts they create. If the whole human race was created by two individuals, we are all inbreds now aren't we?
    If you think anyone is dumb enough to believe that, then you've only kidding yourself.

You crack on other religion is the get all nasty personal when a little misspelling is done on your obscure cult. ..and then you try to alibi your way out of it.

Yeah, grandpappy's real proud of you, boy.

Suspended
    If you think anyone is dumb enough to believe that, then you've only kidding yourself.

You crack on other religion is the get all nasty personal when a little misspelling is done on your obscure cult. ..and then you try to alibi your way out of it.

Yeah, grandpappy's real proud of you, boy.
    Not sure why you keep trying to insult my family. I never knew my Grandfather, he died when I was a baby.

Now as far as believing the Bible, you either believe it or you don''t remember? All or nothing. You cannot take one passage literally and question others.

And if you're telling me I have it all wrong, then be so kind as to explain it to me instead of continuing a thread that you are the only one complaining about the content.

Swedenborg is far from an obscure cult. Look for info on what is called the New Church. Stop by Bryn Athyns PA and see the beautiful true Gothic Cathederal. Meet some of the people who actually practice what they preach unlike most Catholics treat people as they leave church on Sunday morning. Peace be with you, not get the hell out of my way!

Just so happens that I grew up with a family whose Grandfather came to the US, Philadelphia to be exact and started the first Swedenborg church in the US. They are everywhere now.

I do not belong to any organized religion but if I was forced to associate myself with one, it would be Swedenborg because his writings, teachings, and interpretation of the Bible make more sense than "Just Believe it and don't ask questions"

I SAID>>>>>> What was wrong with Obama last night!!!

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

So, you make it up as you go, eh?

Good for you! That way you do'nt have anyting to live up to except what you feel is right. That' convenient since you can change your expectations based on your needs at that moment.

As for you trying to tell me how I interpert my religion, that just shows what an ass you are. You like to put words in my mouth in order to create straw-man arguments. That's quite a simplistic way of making a point, doncha thinkt? But, that's quite common here I've noticed.

Remember, that church you hold up wouldn't be an issue if you didn't wrap yourself in it's flag whenever you think it might help make a point.

Your grandpappy might have had a decent idea but you, obviously, chose to ignore it and go your own way as suits you. That's exactly what westboro does.

...not to mention that it doesn't cost you a penny. That wonderful church you proudly point to didn't drop out of the sky. Believers built it with their hard-earned dollars. You had nothing to do with it aside from the chance of genetics. Pointing to it simply shows your hypocracy.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I have been asked to close this thread and to open it. Calling each other inbred I thought was over the top for the Steel Cage. There are still rules in the Cage. Have at it.
    Last edited by JohnMichael; 10-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

RGA
    Forum Regular

Feanor

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Sir T has nailed it, RGA. You simply aren't going to dissuade people from religious believe by logical argument -- he's also correct that it's pointless to explain Biblical faith to non-believers like you and me: we're past that.

I had a religious upbringing; but I call doubts from the early age when my mother, (a religious person all her life), admitted the Santa Claus didn't actually continued to insist that God does.

I read The God Delusion only about 3-4 years ago, but all of Dawkins' arguments had occurred to me decades earlier, (though Dawkins is more articulate than I could be). He was preaching to the converted, (to use a religious analogy )

BTW, I agree with Dawkins on the agnostic vs. atheist distinction. This is like ...

I'm tending to call myself a "non-believer" these days since it easier than getting into arguments about whether Atheism is, itself, a faith.

Look up "Russell's Cosmic Teapot" ... Let me Google that for you.

I believe people who can reason and think logically and put their faith to the fire can in fact be dissuaded - otherwise I would not bother posting. I've met several Catholic/Christians over the years who changed views in their 30s and 40s which is quite a long held belief system. It's easy to drop Santa when your 7. It's much harder to drop the Big Santa when you're 40.

Further a great many people go from fanatical belief to the millions and millions who call themselves Christian but are kind of "Liberal Christian" who still vote for Obama. If you're willing to vote for a party that is for stem cell research, women's body is her choice, and has generally adopted the 21st century mentality and science then you're already what I would call a "soft Christian." Sure you believe in God and Jesus and the fairy tale but in the "be kind to your fellow man" and "making society better makes your life better (oh no borderline socialism) too. In other words even though I don't believe in the book these are the people who interpreted the message properly. The other "Greed is Good" Gordon Gecko cruelty bits seem to be the current (not the past) Republican platform. Pretty Sure if Jesus was around he would not deny you medical and then take your house as payment for saving your life. Pretty sure Jesus would ask the town to pitch in a certain percent of their yearly wage to help save people. Jesus would not be a complete money grubbing prick. Apparently Republican voters view Jesus as someone who, if around today, would be a CEO of an HMO heavy on the denial of claims and strong arming tactics to force people into bankruptcy the second they can't pay. The Republican platform and world view is that the most important thing in life is the accumulation of wealth and power. Greed is good and rich people are better than poor people. I must have missed where Jesus was all about collecting stuff over making the world a better place for as many as you can. I may disagree with Religious Christian Democrats about God but at least they get the MAIN gist of the message of the New Testament right. If Homosexuality is a sin to them they know it's God's place to judge not theirs to go bash their heads in with bats.

I'm not a huge fan of Atheist as a term either because like most terms religious people screw it up - like "Theory." Atheist does not mean a person is "sure" that "God does not exist." Even Dawkins has a scale (i believe 1-7) on one end "sure that God exists" and the other end "Sure there is no human written sky God" as 7 - he places himself as a 6.9.

But that's the same for the Spaghetti Monster and teapot. Sure there could be a spaghetti monster in the sky - I can't prove there isn't and no one here can - and I can't disprove unicorns, ghosts, fairies, vampires, or Xenu and neither can Christians or Muslims etc.

Prove that there is no Xenu and never was. Oh you can't DISPROVE that he existed so that means he's there. Yet a Christian will not believe in Xenu for the same reasons I don't believe in Xenu or Unicorns or Fairies. But when it comes to their faith I'm supposed to make an exception. Seriously? It's painful reasoning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RGA; 10-04-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Prove that there is no Xenu and never was. Oh you can't DISPROVE that he existed so that means he's there. Yet a Christian will not believe in Xenu for the same reasons I don't believe in Xenu or Unicorns or Fairies. But when it comes to their faith I'm supposed to make an exception. Seriously? It's painful reasoning.
    Scientology devotees prove that people will believe anything they WANT to believe however ridiculous.

E.g. People can believe that abortion must be prohibited under any and all circumstances, but that one mustn't support the teenage single mother & child because that would reward irresponsible behavior.

Or they can believe that more Supply-Side, Trickle-down, Bribe the Rich tax schemes will create great jobs for the middle class despite 30+ years of the failure of that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    I SAID>>>>>> What was wrong with Obama last night!!!

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!!
    Wow, Frenchie, pay attention: see THIS thread.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information