Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Angry TigerDirect Ripoff-Beware

I use to think that Tigerdirect was a great firm to deal with until I tried to return a $35 unopened DVI to HDMI cable that was shipped to my home, I waited on hold for 25
    minutes for return procedures. When someone finally picked up the phone they said
    "sure we'll take it back but there is a 15% restocking fee, they will not refund my $9
    shipping cost + I would have to pay the $ cost to ship it back". My response"in otherwords
    you are telling me to keep the cable" she responded "that is up to you".
    Does anyone really "care" anymore, consumers be damned attitude from these massive
    firms make me sick.No more purchases from these guys.

Did you buy the cable, or did they ship it to you in error? If you ordered it, then you *should* be on the hook for the inbound S&H charges (after all, they had to pay to ship it to you), and the return shipping costs to Tiger. The 15% restocking fee for the goods is a bit much, but it really is not that different from other companies in the industry...

Now if they shipped the cable to you in error, then I am completely in agreement with you.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

AR Newbie Registered Member
    unfortunatly this is fairly standard fair for alot of retailers. even best buy will stick you with 15% restocking (though not on unopened). i am suprised they would charge a restock fee on unopened merchandice, and if you talk to the right people its likely you can avoid the restock fee. unfortunatly if you want the best prices you are genearly going to sacrifice customer service, but think of it this way all the money you will save in the long run with companies like tigerdirect will more than pay for the trade offs over places like circuit city and such. asuming of course you do your online shopin wisely.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Nothing here seems out of the ordinary. Why should anyone be expected to be able to by things, have them shipped to you, and then return them for free? Return policies are for people who discover after a purchase that the product does not fit their needs or is defective. From what you've written it seems hard to make either argument in your case. You 'did' order a DVI to HDMI cable, yes? Return policies are not really for people who buy things they don't need. Restock fees are generally in place to cover the minor handling expenses and to create a modest barrier that keeps people from abusing return policies. Your out $5.25 plus shipping if you return it. You could sell it for more than that. This hardly seems worth a soapbox. But, that's just me.

Forum Regular

Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Nothing here seems out of the ordinary. Why should anyone be expected to be able to by things, have them shipped to you, and then return them for free? Return policies are for people who discover after a purchase that the product does not fit their needs or is defective. From what you've written it seems hard to make either argument in your case. You 'did' order a DVI to HDMI cable, yes? Return policies are not really for people who buy things they don't need. Restock fees are generally in place to cover the minor handling expenses and to create a modest barrier that keeps people from abusing return policies. Your out $5.25 plus shipping if you return it. You could sell it for more than that. This hardly seems worth a soapbox. But, that's just me.
    Keep in mind I will be out $5.25 + shipping 2 ways=$23.25 on a $35 item, that is highway robbery.I am better off to sell the cable on E-bay, if I buy something @ Futureshop and
    return it they give a full refund!!!
    Get your bids ready boys!!!

You expect them to be able to take it back for FREE? You have no concept of business do you?

If you made your living by selling things and it cost you $10 to ship it to someone, then they wanted to return it because they changed their mind, would you give them a full refund PLUS their cost to send it back to you? Of course you wouldn't. Unless you're stupid.

Forum Regular

You missed the mark

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    You expect them to be able to take it back for FREE? You have no concept of business do you?

If you made your living by selling things and it cost you $10 to ship it to someone, then they wanted to return it because they changed their mind, would you give them a full refund PLUS their cost to send it back to you? Of course you wouldn't. Unless you're stupid.
    I do not expect them to take it back for free at all I just feel $18 shipping a bit much,
    Netflix,Zip.ca etc offer FREE shipping to all DVD rental customers.
    The last thing a customer wants is to be nickeled & dimed to death,Tigerdirect will lose so much business by beating the little guy for $20.
    For your information I run a VERY successful business and I do know what it takes.
    Who the hell do you think you are anyway? I thought forums were a place where people
    could come and offer suggestions, comments etc without be exposed to lamebrains like you.

Quote Originally Posted by HT BUFF
    I do not expect them to take it back for free at all I just feel $18 shipping a bit much,
    The last thing a customer wants is to be nickeled & dimed to death,Tigerdirect will lose so much business by beating the little guy for $20.
    For your information I run a VERY successful business and I do know what it takes.
    Who the hell do you think you are anyway? I thought forums were a place where people
    could come and offer suggestions, comments etc without be exposed to lamebrains like you.
    Do you give your customers free freight to return items they ordered?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Yes, it does not cost much to cancel orders as requested, they always come back, "repeat customers"
    are extremely important to any business.
    Out of the 50 people that read my post 2 responded in disagreement with me "SURVEY SAYS" 96%
    agree with what I am saying here, that is good enough for me.

Yes, it does not cost much to cancel orders as requested, they always come back, "repeat customers"
    Out of the 50 people that read my post 2 responded in disagreement with me "SURVEY SAYS" 96%
    Out of 50 reading your post, I see 1 in agreement with you. "SURVEY SAYS" 2% agree.

I've been in business a few decades now. Very few companies will refund your freight for items you ordered but changed your mind. The only thing I would question is the restock fee. Didn't they already have it in stock? Did they order it special for you. I will always wave the restock fee for items we already had in stock. But we have to charge it for specially ordered items. Otherwise we wouldn't stay in business long.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Um, they're not canceling your order. They are refunding your order, minus the money they had to pay to ship it to you, and the speed-bump fee. You can ship back for less than $9 through the US postal service. Sure $9 is high for one-way shipping, but you accepted that cost when you ordered the product so it seems silly to complain about it now. I doubt they keep their return policy a secret. You should read it before you buy. Why the after-the-fact, sour-grapes hysterics?

Netflix doesn't ship for free, you pay a monthy fee that covers shipping expense. Tiger has likely figured out the expense of lost business due to this policy and I'm sure they don't mind losing business from people who buy small items they don't need.

Everybody tries to minimize loss, your best bet is to sell to someone who'll pay you inflated handling charges.

Well if you feel that $18 is too much for shipping...ship it via a different method. What are you using? FexEx overnight? Ship it back via USPS Parcel Post, probably be like $5.

And what does NETFLIX have to do with this? You think you get FREE shipping with them? What do you think you're paying for when you give them $20? Does Neflix sell HDMI cables? I thought not.

What is this 'very successful' business you run?

You seem like a clueness noob to me, it's painfully obvious you've never ordered anything online before! LOL!

By the way, what happened to your promise to leave:

HT BUFF
    AR Newbie
    Registered Member

Angry New Forum Format
    IS HORRIBLE AND I WILL NOT BE BACK!!!!! SO F**k Off MYCRAFTS
    YOU THINK YOU OWN THIS PLACE, YOU CAN GLADLY HAVE IT!!!

You obviously have worn out your welcome, so you may leave now.

Forum Regular

tough one..

I've had good luck with Tiger Direct. I'd rate them with Newegg and Amazon for great prices and service. Returning this will cost Tiger Direct more than the cost of the part. A small restocking fee certainly isn't unreasonable. Personally, I'd just keep the cable and give it or sell it to someone you know that might need one and cut this firm a little slack.

Forum Regular

Thumbs down You need help

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    By the way, what happened to your promise to leave:

HT BUFF
    AR Newbie
    Registered Member

Angry New Forum Format
    IS HORRIBLE AND I WILL NOT BE BACK!!!!! SO F**k Off MYCRAFTS
    YOU THINK YOU OWN THIS PLACE, YOU CAN GLADLY HAVE IT!!!

You obviously have worn out your welcome, so you may leave now.
    You are right, with clowns like you in this forum why would I want to associate with people like you, all you do is flame people you idiot, we can now call you "Dementia Abstentia"
    as obviously you have "Mental issues".GET A LIFE and let real people use this forum.
    With almost 1,600 postings on this site you obviouly do not have a life.
    Last edited by HT BUFF; 12-16-2005 at 04:10 PM.

I see you failed to mention what this 'highly successful' business of yours is.

I might have 'mental issues' but at least I have enough sense to order the correct cable I need the first time around.....and also enough sense not to expect someone else to pay for my mistakes.

So where's all these people agreeing with you? I'm seeing a page full of posts from people who are in fact DIS-agreeing with you. The only person I see agreeing with you....is you, sending posts to yourself. Now who has mental issues?

With almost 1,600 postings on this site you obviouly do not have a life.
    I resemble that remark.

Forum Regular
    Could the administrators of this forum "please"`close this posting down before "DEMENTIA" has heart failure.

Great cable deals--Anyone who is looking for great cables at great prices I have discovered
    www.tigerdirect.com( under search type in IXOS), they are a British
    cable company that makes top quality cables without the high price.
    Unbelievable!!!!!
    TigerDirect Ripoff-Beware--I use to think that Tigerdirect was a great firm to deal with until I tried to return a $35 unopened DVI to HDMI cable that was shipped to my home, I waited on hold for 25
    minutes for return procedures. When someone finally picked up the phone they said
    "sure we'll take it back but there is a 15% restocking fee, they will not refund my $9
    shipping cost + I would have to pay the $ cost to ship it back". My response"in otherwords
    you are telling me to keep the cable" she responded "that is up to you".
    Does anyone really "care" anymore, consumers be damned attitude from these massive
    firms make me sick.No more purchases from these guys.
    I'm not sure about dementia, I'm guessing bipolar disorder.

hahahahahaha. This thread is hilarious, LOL. Thanks for the good laugh guys!!!!

Forum Regular
    Like I said I "USE" to think they were good as in "past tense" sorry things change. God forbid should you ever have to return anything.

The burning question that you somehow keep forgetting to answer is this:

What exactly is this 'very sucessful' business that you own that you keep going on about? It's obviously something that requires little to no common sense to operate. So what is it? You a manager of the Burger King? Well I guess we all know who wears the paper hat around here.

Paper? He may be ready for the AFDB!

The AFDB must be worn when cleaning out the microwave ovens!

Forum Regular
    I have used TigerDirect.com at least half a dozen times and have had no problems with anyone on their staff. They have always been very helpful with my needs, if I was to order something wrong and had to sent it back, I would expect to pay the shipping and restocking charges. This way the cost isn't charged to other customers, that the way it should be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information