Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    What about that emblem with the swan in the middle? Isnt it everywhere inc all the food?
    Based on the orientation video, there are six Dharma stations. They are in number three which is identified by the swan. Presumably, the other stations would have a different mark.

The big question is...are the other stations on the island??????

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Based on the orientation video, there are six Dharma stations. They are in number three which is identified by the swan. Presumably, the other stations would have a different mark.

The big question is...are the other stations on the island??????
    are they in station three? i remember him saying three, but everytime he did, there was a scratch at the end, as if he was going to add another number? but does that make sense? would he say "station three two" instead of "station thirty two"? i definitely get the feeling that NOTHING is a throwaway on the show and if they're cutting him short or putting in a splice RIGHT after he says station three each time, its for a reason. ALSO the whole thing he says NOT to do with the computer that gets jumbled/cut off. that's obviously important. all those places with the jumpcuts in them, wonder if they are actually cut out, or if that's how the full reel looks.

yeah, and how big is this island? they went to the top of it, i thought, when sayid was transmitting. so they must've seen all around, right? i.e. water on all side? or... OR... OR are they on a peninsula? i bet they've been on florida the ENTIRE TIME!!! ok, mind going early in the day.

are there two 'monsters' on the island that are the security measures? i swore in the first episodes the "monster" sounded exactly like a t-rex (at least how the trex's in jurassic park sounded). yet the "monster" that was pulling locke down the hole sounded entirely mechanical. so "monster 1" kills the pilot, chases them, might be organic, while "monster 2" is a whisp of smoke, mechanical, machine? and didn't locke see monster1? i thought there was a shot from the monster1 pov as locke was looking up at him/her/it early on in season 1. you're right autumn, am a few minutes away from getting lost season 1 myself, (and its available for almost half price on deepdiscountdvd, a great site to buy dvd's if you havent seen it before).
    /create

At the beginning of the Orientation video, the text also says "Station 3 of 6. The Swan." or something like that. I'd have to go back to my tape to for the exact wording. But I don't think that it's 3-something.

What if it was Desmond trying to pull Locke into the hole??? That was when they were carrying the dynamite to blow off the door, so they had to be near the hatch, right? Maybe the hole led to the pod (or whatever you want to call it). Locke was so certain that whatever was pulling on him wasn't going to hurt him and that it was "his destiny". So, if it really was his destiny...he's found it...finding Desmond and pushing the button.

Thanks for the tip on deepdiscountdvd. I'll check it out. Although, I'm in Toronto, so with currency exchange and shipping to Canada, it usually isn't worth it for me to order from US sites.

Kam
    yeah, you're right, looking too deep into everything now. it was station 3 of 6.

i definitely think locke was being pulled down a hole that led to the bunker. by what though, who knows. but i dont think it was desmond. he seemed too surprised at seeing everyone, which is strange, seeing as he has those mirror things set up to see all the hatches that lead out, so he knows SOMETHING is out there. and towards the end of season one, after locke yelled at the hatch, "ive done everything you asked of me" the thing lights up, just like it did before kate was taken.

ugh, i have a feeling i could watch all of season one straight through... and then straight through again if it has commentary on it! ugh!

i thought they were shaping up locke and jack to be opposites (jacks line to kate, "if we get through this, we're gonna have a locke problem") and perhaps split the island as the two sides of the yin-yang, but they might be closer to each other in thought then i first thought and the split is, i guess, between whoever leads the others (rose's husband?) and jack, and then whoever the 'locke' is over with the others, which looks like it will be ana-lucia, and locke. i think ana-lucia is their version of locke.
    /create

Hmmmm. Maybe the light is a motion or sound sensor.

I can't find Lost on deepdiscountdvd.

Kam
    Hmmmm. Maybe the light is a motion or sound sensor.

I can't find Lost on deepdiscountdvd.
    it's on the home page, the bestseller list, ranked #3.

here's a direct link if it comes through:
    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=BVD039661

also ebay is a good place to check, but i've been finding any reputable seller's price will be around the same if not more than deep discount. (i try not to buy from overseas cuz i dont like the funky packaging and no recourse against the seller really).
    /create

Kam
    alright.... so 42 (was it 42 or 44?) on one side of the island... 23 on the other side of the island... but of the 23, it seemed like only 5 remained. ana-lucia, rose's husband, the big black guy, and the blonde girl. and there was a fifth that greeted them who it looked like was a pregnant female? so this side of the island has been wiped out by "the others" and maybe 'the sickness' and that's why they're so crazy defensive around sawyer/mike/jin.

weirdness!!!!! i was jumping out of my skin waiting for answers! and the whole hugo back sstory with the food tie in was just so brilliantly written i thought. ya just cant beat good writing.
    /create

This was the "warm and fuzzy" episode to me. It was definitely cool how they gave more background info on Hurley (His name is Hugo Hurley??? His parents should be shot!) as he has become one of my favorite characters. There didn't seem to be as many plot twists in this episode as in the past. Lots of relationships seem to be forming, which I'm not crazy about but I guess it would be inevitable stranded on a island.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    This was the "warm and fuzzy" episode to me. It was definitely cool how they gave more background info on Hurley (His name is Hugo Hurley??? His parents should be shot!) as he has become one of my favorite characters. There didn't seem to be as many plot twists in this episode as in the past. Lots of relationships seem to be forming, which I'm not crazy about but I guess it would be inevitable stranded on a island.
    His name isn't actually Hurley. Hurley is a nickname. He said so during Season one. Can't remember his last name, but his parents weren't that cruel.

Interesting observation on the numbers Kam. 4 8 15 16 23 42.

42 original survivors (I think that they originally counted 43, but one of those was Ethan, who we now know wasn't a survivor....but we don't know who he really was...doo doo dooo)
    23 surviving tailenders
    I bet that we find out that there are actually 8 tailenders, or...one more dies so that we end up with only 4.

This episode bored me. I think that it was the weakest episode yet. All that excitement last week over Jin speaking English and it turns out to be Hurley's dream. Booooooo!! Bad writers.

Any thoughts on the cement block? Here's mine. The comment (Jack? Sayid?) made about Chernobyl makes me think that there's something radioactive on the island. The cement block is an attempt at covering it. The sickness is radiation poisioning. The crap that Desmond was shooting up with is some sort of protection for it (iodine maybe). The 18 or so tailenders that are dead (there were 23 of us ), died from radiation. Although, they've only been on the island for 45 days or something like that. Kind of quick for that many people to die from radiation unless it was a very high exposure. But then why would the 5 or so survivors not show any signs of illness. Ana-Lucia still has a pretty nice head of hair, so I'm probably wrong about that one.

I did find it interesting to see that the tailenders were in another bunker. I didn't notice if there were any Dharma markings in it. I'm sure that there were and I just missed them. But here's another question. Why did they have a big hole with a gated top in the first place???? That was a big hole. It would have taken a long time to dig. Especially since they, presumably, have no tools and would have had to dig by hand. And why was it so far from their bunker? Maybe it was already there. But WHY?!

Stupid writer award goes to the guy that wrote the scene where the store owner recognizes Hurley as the lottery winner. I worked in a convenience store and sold lottery tickets for five years during high school and university. There is absolutely no way that you could possibly recognize and remember who played what numbers. NO WAY!

Kam
    His name isn't actually Hurley. Hurley is a nickname. He said so during Season one. Can't remember his last name, but his parents weren't that cruel.

Interesting observation on the numbers Kam. 4 8 15 16 23 42.

42 original survivors (I think that they originally counted 43, but one of those was Ethan, who we now know wasn't a survivor....but we don't know who he really was...doo doo dooo)
    23 surviving tailenders
    I bet that we find out that there are actually 8 tailenders, or...one more dies so that we end up with only 4.

This episode bored me. I think that it was the weakest episode yet. All that excitement last week over Jin speaking English and it turns out to be Hurley's dream. Booooooo!! Bad writers.

Any thoughts on the cement block? Here's mine. The comment (Jack? Sayid?) made about Chernobyl makes me think that there's something radioactive on the island. The cement block is an attempt at covering it. The sickness is radiation poisioning. The crap that Desmond was shooting up with is some sort of protection for it (iodine maybe). The 18 or so tailenders that are dead (there were 23 of us ), died from radiation. Although, they've only been on the island for 45 days or something like that. Kind of quick for that many people to die from radiation unless it was a very high exposure. But then why would the 5 or so survivors not show any signs of illness. Ana-Lucia still has a pretty nice head of hair, so I'm probably wrong about that one.

I did find it interesting to see that the tailenders were in another bunker. I didn't notice if there were any Dharma markings in it. I'm sure that there were and I just missed them. But here's another question. Why did they have a big hole with a gated top in the first place???? That was a big hole. It would have taken a long time to dig. Especially since they, presumably, have no tools and would have had to dig by hand. And why was it so far from their bunker? Maybe it was already there. But WHY?!

Stupid writer award goes to the guy that wrote the scene where the store owner recognizes Hurley as the lottery winner. I worked in a convenience store and sold lottery tickets for five years during high school and university. There is absolutely no way that you could possibly recognize and remember who played what numbers. NO WAY!
    i thought when ana lucia knocked on the bunker door there was a dharma symbol but with a straight arrow instead of the swan. this might be bunker #2, and the frenchwoman had found bunker#3, which may mean that all 6 bunkers are on the island. i definitely think it was the others that killed off the tailenders and that's what's made ana lucia and company so paranoid and defensive. a lot has to happen in 45 days to turn that hard, and i would imagine losing 18 of your fellow passengers to the others would do that. that pit may have been made by the other's and used against the tailenders, who knows. looks like we'll find out soon when they actually face them (i think) next week.

although the cement to stop radiation makes sense and coulda been a radioactive leak, i dont think that explains the polarity issue and the magnetism. i think the cement was poured to cover 'the incident' the guy refers to in the training video, and that incident is something with all this mumbo-jumbo going on. i.e. both technical with the input of the #'s and something spiritual, ala walt's psychic ability, rose's psychic (or maybe just faith?) ability, locke being able to walk again, locke's faith, the whisp of smoke / trex defense mechanism. maybe even another dimension is being held back. that they poured the cement to block a wormhole? ok that sounds kinda ludicrous but then again there's an ancient seaship stuck at the top of the island too, how in the heck did that get there! the black rock.

i was wondering about the guy recognizing him and am hoping that it wasnt just a device the writers needed to 'reveal' hurley as the winner infront of his friend. am hoping there is a reason behind the recognition, as 'everything happens for a reason'. and generally the writers havent given any 'throwaways' yet, but every little thing has an issue behind it. i think this was the eye we just passed through and now a whole storm of questions are gonna fly our way!!!!
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    that incident is something with all this mumbo-jumbo going on. i.e. both technical with the input of the #'s and something spiritual, ala walt's psychic ability, rose's psychic (or maybe just faith?) ability, locke being able to walk again, locke's faith, the whisp of smoke / trex defense mechanism. maybe even another dimension is being held back. that they poured the cement to block a wormhole?
    If I spend the next X number of years (4? 8? 15? 16? etc. hehehehe) watching this show to find out that everything is some spiritual paranormal mumbo jumbo that can't ever really be explained, I'm gonna be really pissed!

I want empirical answers to the looming questions. I don't need the answers right now, but when they come they had better be scientific and not some unexplained phenomenon.

They might as well have one of the characters wake up from a deep sleep where it was all a dream.

You're right. My radiation theory doesn't really make sense. I'm going to have to go back to my video tape to see whether I can make out the sign on the bunker door. If I can make it out, I'll let you know. Otherwise...see you next Thursday!

Kam
    ahhhhhhhhhhh bollocks! three weeks now?? so now the speculation runs rampant on who's gonna die, i have narrowed it down to the two i think are gonna go, and heavily leaning towards one more than the other, but dont want to speculate too much and ruin the surprise, even though i'm pretty sure i'm still wrong.

did anyone count how many of the others walked by jin and the other dude? i want to say 8 but i'm not positive. (8 also cuz its one of "the numbers"). am guessing the kid with the teddy bear is the french woman's son that the other's took way back when.

preview for the new episode: Why is walt's ghost/apparition/psychic self always appearing just to shannon apparently, and why is he soaked in goo or really sticky water? it's like (not to be too disgusting) but he's got some sort of amniotic fluid all over him.

and the backstory to jin/sun is awesome. i think what really just nails this show out of the water is how each backstory is just so damn good. i cant think of a weak backstory for any of the leads. am waiting for ana-lucia's backstory now where we learn why she's turned out this way.

also...the only irritating thing now is the whole idiot principle. michael has been acting like an idiot and not asking the questions he should be asking.

he wants walt? given. he'll do anything to get him back? given. now he's alone with the friendliest of the tailenders and he doesn't ask her a SINGLE question about what's going on??? "We have trust issues," she says. "Huh, how about that," (or something) he replies. What?????? he should be jumping all over her getting answers to the others and what happenned to them and how he can get walt back. but that's what he comes up with? that was irritating. but i still love the show.

they just better not kill off locke.
    /create

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    The sister of the guy that died last season will be killed off imo. To bad,she's hot. Notice i havent seen much of her this season.
    Look & Listen

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    The sister of the guy that died last season will be killed off imo. To bad,she's hot. Notice i havent seen much of her this season.
    she was up for playing kitty pryde in the next xmen movie, but she couldnt because of conflicts with lost, and supposedly the producers said if she took the job, they'd have to kill off shannon from lost... and she was in The Fog, so if she's trying the jump from tv to movies, they might have to take her out. from a purely technical standpoint, but i think the writers already have in mind who's gonna be alive and dead by the end of season 2.
    /create

am waiting for ana-lucia's backstory now where we learn why she's turned out this way.
    If you were in a Colin Ferrell vehicle as bad as SWAT, you'd turn out that way too .

I'd swear that when The Others were walking by, they had a group walk by twice. The clean shaven legs of a girl definitely went by twice and it looked like the same pair of gams, therefore it's hard to tell how many are there.

This episode didn't really give any answers or pose any new questions, although I do agree the Jin/Sun story was very cool. I would have been more upset about the 3 week sabbatical if there was some cliff hanger involved. Which is not to say I'm a happy camper about the delay!

BTW, there is no way Locke is killed. He's one of, if not the most popular characters on the show.

I love Jin!

When the hotel owner was giving him shyt for letting that poor little boy use the bathroom, I was saying "walk away Jin, walk away", and then he did! I LOVE a man with pride!

A kind of uneventful episode I think. There were no previews for the next episode in Canada. I don't know why the Canadian previews are always different (or in this week's case...non-existant) than the US ones, but I didn't know that anyone died until I went onto the ABC discussion board this morning. The buzz over there is that it's Shannon.

My beef with this week's episode was Jin's English. I understand that he's probably learning just from being around everyone else speaking English, but he just seemed to understand a little to much from Mr. Echo, who also had a heavy accent which would make it even harder for someone just learning to understand.

And what was with Kate's need to see the bottle and rummage through the notes? What was she looking for? It seemed like whatever it was, she found it. Her mood changed rather quickly. I think that she palmed one the messages when Sun was distracted by finding her ring. But who's? And why?

There's a definate change in format this season, so far. Last season had all of the characters in every episode. This season, each episode has really focused on a smaller group of characters and some aren't in it at all. Charlie, Claire, Shannon weren't in the first couple. Jack, Charlie and Hurley weren't in this one at all (maybe because they're busy pushing buttons) and Claire and Locke were only in it for a minute. So far, for me, last season's format was more enjoyable. I'm finding this season a little slow moving. Still wonderful! But slow.

Here's something interesting that I learned this morning. I can't find where I saw it or I would post the link. There was a screen shot of the plane after the crash and you could see what looked like a faded out Dharma symbol on the side of the plane.

What the hell am I supposed to do for the next two Wednesdays?!!!!

Rewatch season one. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Kam
    When the hotel owner was giving him shyt for letting that poor little boy use the bathroom, I was saying "walk away Jin, walk away", and then he did! I LOVE a man with pride!

A kind of uneventful episode I think. There were no previews for the next episode in Canada. I don't know why the Canadian previews are always different (or in this week's case...non-existant) than the US ones, but I didn't know that anyone died until I went onto the ABC discussion board this morning. The buzz over there is that it's Shannon.

My beef with this week's episode was Jin's English. I understand that he's probably learning just from being around everyone else speaking English, but he just seemed to understand a little to much from Mr. Echo, who also had a heavy accent which would make it even harder for someone just learning to understand.

And what was with Kate's need to see the bottle and rummage through the notes? What was she looking for? It seemed like whatever it was, she found it. Her mood changed rather quickly. I think that she palmed one the messages when Sun was distracted by finding her ring. But who's? And why?

There's a definate change in format this season, so far. Last season had all of the characters in every episode. This season, each episode has really focused on a smaller group of characters and some aren't in it at all. Charlie, Claire, Shannon weren't in the first couple. Jack, Charlie and Hurley weren't in this one at all (maybe because they're busy pushing buttons) and Claire and Locke were only in it for a minute. So far, for me, last season's format was more enjoyable. I'm finding this season a little slow moving. Still wonderful! But slow.

Here's something interesting that I learned this morning. I can't find where I saw it or I would post the link. There was a screen shot of the plane after the crash and you could see what looked like a faded out Dharma symbol on the side of the plane.

What the hell am I supposed to do for the next two Wednesdays?!!!!

Rewatch season one. Yeah, that's the ticket.

ooooo if you find that link, post it! want to see if that dharma symbol was on the plane!!! the previews here said the same hyping up the episode as usual: "this will be the episode everyone will talk about for the next ten centuries" type thing. they said, i think, one of these lost sruvivors won't make it (and then showed shots of everyone). there's a shot of sawyer going down as they trudge through the island, succombing to whatever illness hits him and then, shannon and sayid making out, and then walt appearing to shannon, shannon asking if anyone else can see him, and then walt leading shannon (and sayid and others) through the jungle.

i think kate was looking to see if sawyer wrote anything in there, although why he would, when he was taking the bottle himself, i dont know. unless she wanted to see what jack wrote.

the jin/sun story was one of my favs from season one, especially how they did it, revealing sun's side first and making you think jin is some monster, and then revealing his and seeing how far off that perception was.
    now if that chick in orange shows up on the island....
    /create

What chick in orange?

Someone on the ABC site made a comment about the American woman that Sun's match-made date was going to marry. I bet that we find out that he's married to someone on the island, or someone related to someone on the island. Wouldn't that be spooky?

Do you remember the scene, a couple of eps ago, after the raft blew up, when Sawyer was swimming from one piece of the raft to another and the shark was lurking around under the water? There was definately a Dharma sign on the sharks tail. Screen prints of it were on one of the discussion boards. But that board has since become available to paying customers only, and I'm not THAT dedicated.

I'm going to try to find that picture of the plane. I just saw it this morning, so it can't be that hard to find.

Kam
    What chick in orange?

Someone on the ABC site made a comment about the American woman that Sun's match-made date was going to marry. I bet that we find out that he's married to someone on the island, or someone related to someone on the island. Wouldn't that be spooky?

Do you remember the scene, a couple of eps ago, after the raft blew up, when Sawyer was swimming from one piece of the raft to another and the shark was lurking around under the water? There was definately a Dharma sign on the sharks tail. Screen prints of it were on one of the discussion boards. But that board has since become available to paying customers only, and I'm not THAT dedicated.

I'm going to try to find that picture of the plane. I just saw it this morning, so it can't be that hard to find.
    at the very end, after jin walks out of the hotel job, a girl in orange walks by jin and he turns to look at her, and when he turns back, he runs in to sun.

i was trying to watch everyone in the hotel, waiting to see if there was going to be another connection, but i think you may be right, that sun's 'date' is engaged or hooked up with someone else on the island, that'd be awesome!

yeah, i saw another link to that site with the dharma symbol on the sharks tale. that was totally messed up!!
    /create

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Yeah, but I was hoping he would tell the boss to "go screw himself" before walking away, instead of "thank you for the opportunity."

The boss has to be the hotel general manager or whatever, not the owner. I think he would find the role of a working stiff to be beneath him if he were the owner, but I could be wrong.

Sawyer's message I bet. Kate mentioned "not saying goodbye" (when the raft was leaving ?). Throughout the series there has been this unspoken "love-hate" relationship between them. He's the logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen B
    Yeah, but I was hoping he would tell the boss to "go screw himself" before walking away, instead of "thank you for the opportunity."
    That's certainly what I would have said. But Jin has too much class.

The boss has to be the hotel general manager or whatever, not the owner. I think he would find the role of a working stiff to be beneath him if he were the owner, but I could be wrong.
    I think you're right. An owner wouldn't be hiring a doorman. Besides wasn't Sun's date the son of the hotel owner? I'll bet that boss came from a fishing village too and now he thinks he's risen above his upbringing. Maybe we'll see him get eaten by a polar bear in a future episode. I sure hope so!

Sawyer's message I bet. Kate mentioned "not saying goodbye" (when the raft was leaving ?). Throughout the series there has been this unspoken "love-hate" relationship between them. He's the logical choice.
    Maybe. But, if so, I don't think it's because of any romantic notions. My guess is that she snagged his note because they are both very private people and she understands that he wouldn't want anyone else to see it. She wants to return it to him. I think that there's a mutual respect for each other's secret past.

Kam
    Maybe. But, if so, I don't think it's because of any romantic notions. My guess is that she snagged his note because they are both very private people and she understands that he wouldn't want anyone else to see it. She wants to return it to him. I think that there's a mutual respect for each other's secret past.
    i thought she figured sawyer had left a note for her specifically. unless she was looking for Jack's note. because why would sawyer put a note in the bottle to carry with them to... the place where he himself is going? he could deliver whatever message he wanted to because he'd be there. the notes were from the people NOT going. i figured she either thought sawyer put a msg in there specifically for her, or she was looking for jack's note to see what he wrote or WHO he wrote to.
    /create

i thought she figured sawyer had left a note for her specifically. unless she was looking for Jack's note. because why would sawyer put a note in the bottle to carry with them to... the place where he himself is going? he could deliver whatever message he wanted to because he'd be there. the notes were from the people NOT going. i figured she either thought sawyer put a msg in there specifically for her, or she was looking for jack's note to see what he wrote or WHO he wrote to.
    Why would Sawyer put a note in the bottle for Kate? I think that they were hoping that the bottle would get to someone that's not on the island. Looking for Jack's note makes more sense to me than that. But I'm pretty sure that I remember Sawyer putting a note in the bottle, even though he was carrying the bottle.

See? This is why I need to buy season one!

Hey, I noticed that you can download season two episodes from iTunes for $1.99 each. I wonder what the quality would be like to download them and then burn them onto a DVD.

While my American friends are telling me that Lost is taking a two week break, my local TV Guide is showing a new episode on Wednesday night. I'm sure that it's probably wrong, but I'll tape it just in case.

Kam
    While my American friends are telling me that Lost is taking a two week break, my local TV Guide is showing a new episode on Wednesday night. I'm sure that it's probably wrong, but I'll tape it just in case.
    yeah the preview for last weeks episode said "in 3 weeks" blahblahblah. but i'll check this wed just to be sure... you never know with those guys... BUT... and this would require some serious program planning on their part...
    check out the dates on the third and fourth wednesdays in november.... coincidence?
    /create

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information