Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Kam

Talking and I'm Lost all over again....

WTF??? Where the heck are they?? What is that place with the underground funky lab? I've stayed away from all spoilers or early fan sites speculating what might be going on, so I have no clue what-in-the-hay is going on. Still the best show around although i missed Invasion and heard that was good. (Anyone see Invasion?)

So... the whole 'everything happens for a reason' tag line is really coming up to play bigtime. with jack seeing that dude on the stadium steps and then finding him again down in the bunker on the island... well... that'd just be a LEEETLE too much of a coincidence. Still waiting for michelle rodriguez to show up on the other side of the island in a nicely, strategically torn tank top and ripped cargo pants...

on a side note, before the plane went down, why the hell wasn't jack back there talking to her??? she gave him her seat number, told him to come by. and he was still just chatting it up with the lady next to him. although he does have his demons when it comes to the ladies apparently.... they all have their demons and they sure are coming out in force on that island. well... anxiously awaiting the next what-in-the-hay moments next week!

peace
    k2
    /create

Yeah, that was a little trippy with the Brit/Aussie guy there. What's the deal with the magnetic pull on Jack's key, too? Hmmm...

Still, I'm sure I'll be as hooked as ever.

Invasion was so-so. I didn't think it was anywhere as good as Lost, especially for a Series premiere. The acting is pretty stiff and so far, I'm only giving it a 5 out of 10. I'll watch next week to see if it gets more interesting, but so far it's about as exciting as the 'SC/Arkansas game after the first quarter. Snooooooore....

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Didja' ever see "V'...

...or the original "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" ?

So the sheriff is one of them, and the Mayor, and the priest and let's not forget naked mama who had all her clothes ripped off by the hurricane and who "smells different"...I've seen less wooden acting by broomsticks...

jimHJJ(...I give it three or four weeks...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Yeah, that was a little trippy with the Brit/Aussie guy there. What's the deal with the magnetic pull on Jack's key, too? Hmmm...

Still, I'm sure I'll be as hooked as ever.

Invasion was so-so. I didn't think it was anywhere as good as Lost, especially for a Series premiere. The acting is pretty stiff and so far, I'm only giving it a 5 out of 10. I'll watch next week to see if it gets more interesting, but so far it's about as exciting as the 'SC/Arkansas game after the first quarter. Snooooooore....
    crap, i started looking up a lost forum and those peeps are really nuts.

SPOILERS ALERT

OK, the current fan/internet theory is that there is either some sort of time/alternate universe thingy going on, where the 'flashbacks' arent really 'flashbacks' but more like the 'real life' versions of the characters living their lives while the 'island versions' of the characters have to confront whatever it is they need to confront. case in point: the obvious attention paid to sarah saying to jack: "You smell" even after he said he had showered. was that sarah smelling "island jack" on "real world jack" because she just had a miracle? or was it signs of a brain tumor? (jack told sawyer in that headache episode that phantom smells are a sign of brain tumors) did sarah die of that? (just some stuff/ideas/theories gleaned from a lost forum board)

also, the "quarantine" was written on the INSIDE of the hatch, meaning desmond was in the 'safe' place and the island was supposed to be under quarantine. he also appeared out of nowhere running next to jack on the stadium steps. and then said two odd (well... odd given the show) things, first: i'm training for a 'round the world race, and second, when he left, "see you in another lifetime brother."

ugh, they've been answering questions with even bigger questions!!!! love it!
    /create

Jim,
    Speaking of stiff broomsticks, at least the naked mama had a nice a$$

Kam,
    This show is one of my favs. All of the different twists they throw at it really draws you in. Hell, they didn't even touch the raft storyline, save for kid looking like he was in a running shower. Great fun!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I became addicted to this show during summer reruns, and even rented the DVDs to catch up on a couple of missed episodes before the new season started.

I spent some time on some of the Lost fan sites over the summer to read up on things that I had missed and there are definately some interesting theories out there. What I think is great is how the show is using the internet to thier advantage. There is an Oceanic Air web site, that is designed like a real airline site would be and there are lots of easter eggs in it.

Go to http://www.oceanic-air.com. At the bottom of the screen where it says Travellers. Put in the following numbers (do I need to tell you what they are?) 4 8 15 16 23 42. The screen will take you to the plane's seating plan. (Notice that there is an arrival time at LAX for this flight ). Once the seating plan has loaded. Click on the seat rows in the same numerical order, 4 8 15 16 23 42. You'll get to see a trailer for the second season. This was obviously done at the end of season one to build suspense for season two. But it's neat to see anyway.

If you highlight the "Important message" on the home page, there is also a hidden message there. In fact there's all sorts of wierd and interesting stuff on this site. I can't remember the site name, but there is also a fake web site for Charlies band which provides some interesting stuff about Charlie and some links to information about other characters. I think that it's brilliant how the show's creaters have build this whole internet sub culture also.

Edit: Here's the Driveshaft link if anyone cares. http://www.driveshaftband.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I spent some time on some of the Lost fan sites over the summer to read up on things that I had missed and there are definately some interesting theories out there. What I think is great is how the show is using the internet to thier advantage. There is an Oceanic Air web site, that is designed like a real airline site would be and there are lots of easter eggs in it.

Go to http://www.oceanic-air.com. At the bottom of the screen where it says Travellers. Put in the following numbers (do I need to tell you what they are?) 4 8 15 16 23 42. The screen will take you to the plane's seating plan. (Notice that there is an arrival time at LAX for this flight ). Once the seating plan has loaded. Click on the seat rows in the same numerical order, 4 8 15 16 23 42. You'll get to see a trailer for the second season. This was obviously done at the end of season one to build suspense for season two. But it's neat to see anyway.

If you highlight the "Important message" on the home page, there is also a hidden message there. In fact there's all sorts of wierd and interesting stuff on this site. I can't remember the site name, but there is also a fake web site for Charlies band which provides some interesting stuff about Charlie and some links to information about other characters. I think that it's brilliant how the show's creaters have build this whole internet sub culture also.

Edit: Here's the Driveshaft link if anyone cares. http://www.driveshaftband.com/
    Thanks for the cool info, FA. I had no idea any of these sites existed, so it'll be fun to poke around over the weekend. You know, I have to admit "Driveshaft" is a great name for a rock band.

Kam
    check out the second row, flight 572... creepy.

http://www.oceanic-air.com/trackresults.htm

the theories floating around on the lost message boards off of the abd site are pretty nuts but kinda cool. there also a code you can put into one of the lost home pages (trying to find it) where they show you a 'lost' script page from lost. the code is, of course: theislandiswaiting.

and apparently i didnt catch this, not having supervision, but that 'dharma' symbol (the feng shui looking thing) that was seen all over the bunker, was also ON the shark. there are screen captures online that show the symbol actually printed/tatooed? on the shark.

weird..... BUT I LOVE IT!

Also, on the oceanicair front page, if you highlight that entire section from the yellow flag: Important Announcement: All Flights Cancelled and highlight it from "Important announcements...." down to "...travel arrangements." and then copy it and paste it into a word document, you'll see some messages AND a very strange drawing of nyc and someone in a hospital? bed all bandaged up holding a birthday cake...

(update: ok just found out the drawings are walt's drawings, and the bandaged dude pic is teh drawing walk gave to michael when he was banged up, i think).

VERY weird!
    Last edited by Kam; 09-30-2005 at 09:22 AM.
    /create

I couldn't get the picture to come up, but I did read the two distress messages. What's the deal with the ETHAN ROM word puzzle when you click Pre Board Check in? Any clues?

Edit:

Never mind, I figured it out. Move the letters to spell Other Man. I don't understand the clip tho

Kam
    I couldn't get the picture to come up, but I did read the two distress messages. What's the deal with the ETHAN ROM word puzzle when you click Pre Board Check in? Any clues?
    its an anagram for: OTHER MAN
    when you put that in, it gives you some hidden info.

Edit: Doh, u beat me to it!
    Last edited by Kam; 09-30-2005 at 10:14 AM.
    /create

Edit:

Never mind, I figured it out. Move the letters to spell Other Man. I don't understand the clip tho
    I noticed the flight 572 info this afternoon but didn't want to give everything away. I'm glad you noticed it Kam.

I found the ethan rom puzzle today as well, but didn't have time to figure it out. I'll have to go back and check it out now that I know the solution.

Regarding the "theislandiswaiting" thing. Where do you type it in? I was trying to figure it out earlier, but couldn't get it to work.

I love this kind of stuff. These Lost producers totally know what they're doing to get us hooked.

Here's another hint. When you're in the seating plan on the Oceanic Air site, click on random seats. Sometimes when you click on one seat another seat will turn green. Click on the green seat for more hidden stuff.

Here's the link for a great Lost discussion board. http://p073.ezboard.com/blosttheunof...ortheabcseries

Okay, not to turn this into a Lost discussion board, but this is SO cool.

I did the Ethan Rom/Other Man thing. After the clip it went back to the seating plan. I noticed that at the bottom of the screen where it said "Economy Class 11 - 42", there was a flashing "F" after the 42. So I clicked on it. Then seat 42F turned green. I clicked on it and it had the name Ana-Lucia. When I clicked on it the whole plane started to vibrate like it was crashing and there was a clip of the crash.

I also noticed that the Pre-Board Check in button is gone.

Who is Ana-Lucia?

Very bizarre.

Kam
    Okay, not to turn this into a Lost discussion board, but this is SO cool.

I did the Ethan Rom/Other Man thing. After the clip it went back to the seating plan. I noticed that at the bottom of the screen where it said "Economy Class 11 - 42", there was a flashing "F" after the 42. So I clicked on it. Then seat 42F turned green. I clicked on it and it had the name Ana-Lucia. When I clicked on it the whole plane started to vibrate like it was crashing and there was a clip of the crash.

I also noticed that the Pre-Board Check in button is gone.

Who is Ana-Lucia?

Very bizarre.
    that's michelle rodriguez's character that has that drink with jack before he boards the plane and tells him she's in 42F (back of the plane). we see her for a second in the trailer for this coming weeks episode when sawyer and jin and michael are thrown in the bamboo pit, she's already there.

have also heard/read that the "Are you him?" line from desmond was a reference to hurley or at least the guy who hurley knew at the psych ward that was constantly saying the numbers over and over again. also saw TONS of references to the numbers throughout the show and the 108 we see after locke plugs the numbers in as ordered by desmond is, of course, the sum of all 'the numbers' put together. and another weird thing, the stuffed toy polar bear that michael gives to walt when he says goodbye to him ADDED to the polar bear in the comic book that walt sees and... presto... there's a polar bear on the island. makes me think of that twilight zone episode... or ghostbusters... think of what you're afraid of, and it'll be there. the island's 'defense mechanism' might be a part of that.

verrrrrry interrrresting!
    /create

If Ana-Lucia is already in the pit, maybe Rose's husband will be there too. She's been very insistant that he's not dead.

I missed the polar bear that Mike gave to Walt. Good for you, picking up on that.

Okay, I'm now officially bordering on obsession .

Kam
    If Ana-Lucia is already in the pit, maybe Rose's husband will be there too. She's been very insistant that he's not dead.

I missed the polar bear that Mike gave to Walt. Good for you, picking up on that.

Okay, I'm now officially bordering on obsession .
    am curious if the main 'leads' were all in the seat numbers on the plane that correspond to "the numbers" i.e. was jack in seat 4, kate in 16, etc?

i read somewhere that since the dharma symbol is basically the fengu shui symbol, with the yin/yang stripe in the middle of it, that the symbol shown corresponds to what is happening to the people. i.e. the shark had the stripe connecting the sections of the fengu shui symbol dealing with family and health (i think, something like that at least), and that part of the episode dealt with Walt and him trying to deal with his son, etc.

also, why didn't desmond recognize jack?? i can't remember now, but i know jack recognized desmond, but desmond had no clue who jack was, in spite of having met him. UNLESS the whole clone theory is what's going on and the "island desmond" is not the same as the "real world desmond". ugh... so confusing.... so awesome!

is it wed yet???
    /create

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I just wanna thank all of you guys for being addicted to this show. My wallet thanks you, my mortgage thanks you, Howard university and and USC film school thanks you, my new studio in planning thanks you, and my upgrades to my acoustical room modeling software thanks you. Is there anything I can do to keep this addiction going?
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I just wanna thank all of you guys for being addicted to this show. My wallet thanks you, my mortgage thanks you, Howard university and and USC film school thanks you, my new studio in planning thanks you, and my upgrades to my acoustical room modeling software thanks you. Is there anything I can do to keep this addiction going?
    So...you must be connected to this show. How? What don't I know about you (besides everything )?

Oh man! Not another Lost mystery to solve!

I wouldn't have hit the button. Nope. I think it's an experiment to see how much someone can play with your mind (kind of like the show is doing to us).

I have but one question, and it has to do with next week's episode:

JIN SPEAKS ENGLISH?!?

JSE
    I have but one question, and it has to do with next week's episode:

JIN SPEAKS ENGLISH?!?

Yeah, what's up with that? He even seems to have a "Hoity Toity" accent.

The whole experiment thing is interesting. Seems like the other passengers on the other side of the Island have gone more animal like where it's survival of the fittest. on the other hand, the passengers we have been watching have been more civilized. It's is starting to look like they were all picked for a reason and "put" on that island to be watched.

JSE

The Canadian preview didn't have Jin talking. Instead it was Rose in the pod asking what the beeping sound was. And 'the others' trying to get Sawyer to come out of the pit, but he won't do it "until I know that my friends are safe". But, regarding Jin, I was on the Lost discussion board last night and there are varying theories, the predominant of which is that it will be part of a dream sequence and not real. The writers seem to like to screw with our minds like that. For example, last week I thought the preview made it look like there was some sort of gas leaking into the pod with Desmond screaming "what have you done, we're all going to die!". This made sense to me since the Quarantine sign was on the inside of the pod, that there would be something dangerous that you would want to keep out. This week we found out that it was just smoke from the computer.

For what it's worth, I'd like to think that I wouldn't have pushed the button, but the reality is that I probably would have. What a terrible existence to have to live for the sole sake of pushing a button every 108 minutes. That's 13 times a day. Three years is 1,095 days. Desmond pushed that button over 14,000 times! No wonder he ran away the first chance that he had.

And...how much food would they have had to start with for there to still be all that stuff left in the panty. Demond was in there for three years! That's over 3,000 meals. And we don't know how long there were people in there before him...presumably since the 1970's.

Edit: Here's an observation that I forgot to mention. Desmond says that he pushes the button to save the world. But, nowhere in the orientation film does it say WHY they have to push the button. And, what's the significance of doing it for 540 days. What a strange number of days.

So many answers given last night, yet so many new questions raised. What a twist!!!
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 10-06-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Kam
    OK, just saw the tape of this last night (went to a screening of Good Night and Good Luck on wed so had to miss it) and was trying not to read the message boards at all till i saw it. So.... new twists all over.

I think the "sickness" that desmond was referring to has something to do with the electromagnetism issue. because apparently one side of the island is effected in quite a different way as the other side. "the others" seem to have evolved in quite a different manner over the past 44 days than these guys.

ok, another big question... the french woman said when you see the black smoke, 'the others' will come for the boy, just as they took her boy. but she's been there longer than 44 days... so the french woman was on the island before "the others" of this oceanicair flight crashed, therefore which "the others" was she talking about? 'the others' from her own crash land? were the french woman's "the others" the guys in the boat? are there multiple groups of "the others" just as there are multiple groups on jack's side of the island? is Ethan Rom part of the french woman's others, or an entirely different set of others? He wasnt on the passenger manifest. was he in the hatch before desmond? trying to remember his outfit, and it didnt scream out any specific timeframe, looked like a dude dressed from our time.

does the island pull people to one side or the other and then change one side? the whole tagline of the season has been "everything happens for a reason" so that seems to say so. the group we've been following was pulled to X side of the island, while the group in the rear of the plane was pulled to Y side of the island. which then also begs the question, as to were they 'influenced' somehow before they even got on to the plane as to which end of the plane they were going to sit in. there's more to it (i think) than meets the eye (duh, that's a shocker of a statement) as it seems the island pulls people to it. it defn pulled both desmond and jack there, and that's a very weird coincidence to be a coincidence.... (like michael giving walt a polar bear teddy bear and walt reading the comic book with a polar bear in it?) everything happens for a reason, right?

and does anyone know numerology? what's the impact of the 108 minutes? (read on another board it takes a sattelite 108 minutes for its orbit, is that right? damn that's a fast sattelite cruising up there) and i guess now it's been 45 days? so after being on the island for 44 days, the two halves of the plane touch base again, is that number significant? locke says they've been there for 44 days that night, and that was the night they first meet the others on the boat when they take walt's kid, right?

and didnt walt's ghost/apparition/form that shannon saw say "dont push the button" "the button is bad"? what's that all about? is the entire island under magnetic quarantine? the whole numbers and 108 minutes deal has got to be some sort of mathematical issue with its weird, seemingly arbitrary preciceness.

or.... poles can switch, right? so maybe "the others" are thinking of the group we've been watching as "the others." and maybe the french woman was part of "the others" from her expedition... although am just rambling here, odds are side X is the "goods' side" and side Y is "the others' " side and it doesnt keep switching back and forth... or... does it???? what did desmond say after he crash landed on the island ("crashed" or the island pulled him in?) i cant recall the name of the guy he said told him to go down to the bunker. was it the same guy that he said was his buddy down there helping him out till he died (how did he die?).

crazyness!!!! dying for some answers... hell am dying for ONE answer!!!! hehehe.

love it.
    /create

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    and does anyone know numerology? what's the impact of the 108 minutes?.

Ever notice the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 all equal 108? Maybe this has been covered before but it clearly is not coincedence.

JSE

Kam
    [QUOTE=JSE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamand does anyone know numerology? what's the impact of the 108 minutes?.[/QUOTE

Ever notice the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 all equal 108? Maybe this has been covered before but it clearly is not coincedence.

JSE
    yeah someone pointed that out to me earlier too (i think). it feels like its one of those IQ questions or sat questions... what's the next number in this pattern... some very weird karmic disturbances in the force.
    /create

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    What about that emblem with the swan in the middle? Isnt it everywhere inc all the food?
    Look & Listen

Oh my, you're full of questions, aren't you?

4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108. I don't know the significance of that, but there it is anyway. You know what's really sad? I have those numbers memorized. I wonder how many people are now playing those as their lottery numbers? Wouldn't it be wild if they really came up in a lottery somewhere? Anyway, I wonder if Jack had pushed the button with 32 in there if the clock would have simply reset at 98 instead of 108.

Danielle (the French woman) also said that the rest of her group got sick and died. Our castaways think that she killed them all (but I can't remember why they ended up thinking that). But, maybe they died from some sort of island illness. What the heck was Desmond injecting himself with in episode one? Whatever it was, he took vials of it with him when he left the pod. Some sort of antibody?

I think that there are three groups (at least) on the island. Danielle's Others, which Ethan belonged to. Our castaway group from the middle of the plane and a group from the tail end of the plane. Danielle has met with both groups and talked about "the others", so that each Plane group will initially think of the other group as a danger, until everyone realises who each other are and, I suspect, will band together...or not.

I also think that the big black guy that we see guarding the pit is Rose's husband. She keeps insisting that he's alive. He was in the back of the plane during the crash and we know from Ana-Lucia's presence that the people in the back of the plane survived

I hadn't thought about Ethan being in the hatch, but I guess that's a possibility (heck! Everything's a possibility!). His clothing, if I remember correctly, was a plaid short sleeved shirt and brown pants. His clothes certainly didn't look like he'd been wearing them on an island for many years. They were in pretty good condition, which begs the question...why? Maybe he found them in a suitcase from the crash...otherwise, why weren't they torn and dirty like they should have been if he'd been living there for years as part of "the others".

I can't remember what Walt's ghost said. I wish that I'd been paying more attention.

I did go back and watch the orientation tape a couple of more times looking for clues. But couldn't find anything. However, you just know that there's going to be something significant coming out of that. It does look like the end of the tape was edited when the narrator says "don't use the computer for anything...". There should be more to that sentence. It's been cut off.

Oh, and the name of the guy who pulled Desmond into the hole was Kelvin or Calvin.

You know, I've never wanted to buy a TV show on DVD, but I'm getting very, very close to buying season one of Lost so that I can go back and look for clues. This show is killing me! (but in a good way).

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information