Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help! I keep buying vinyl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    Forget the rest....that Slade was worth practically all the cash you spent: it's their best record and hard to find in the States. I'm a big Slade fan. I'll post some pics of some of their others that are not nearly as good as that one.

Nice.
    I actually owned the "Slade" album back in the 80's. There where a few of them at the used vinyl store back then....I only liked one song off the album.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Hey frenchmon...Vinyl on sale in St. Louis...

http://www.recordexchangestl.com/

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Nice score. And you know you are a real music lover and not just a collector, if you can sit through "The Art Ensemble of Chicago" and Keith Jarrett"s Koln Concert back to back, without moving from you sitting position unless turning over the vinyl, and understand whats really going on....So can you do it?
    Well, I almost did it today. Got through the Jarrett no prob, real nice album, just him and his piano. ONly got through one side of the AEOC LP however.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Hey frenchmon...Vinyl on sale in St. Louis...

http://www.recordexchangestl.com/
    Yeah I know....Mr.Peabody said something to me about it a few weeks ago, and the local used vinyl stores have posters all over the place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Well, I almost did it today. Got through the Jarrett no prob, real nice album, just him and his piano. ONly got through one side of the AEOC LP however.
    The Art Ensemble of Chicago is not your normal jazz band. They do a lot of avant-garde, style music...you did good to get through one side. Lester Bowie was a master and he is greatly missed.

I did get a chance to see the Art Ensemble of Chicago once in the early 80's. Lester Bowie had with him a huge brass section. Stuff was mind blowing seeing it live with all the different costumes and face painting. You really have to kinda understand how they are going outside of the normal boundaries of the music...you being a musician should have no hard time with this...but it take a little getting use to.

The AEOC are just as much about sound as they are about proper music.

The AEOC are just as much about sound as they are about proper music.
    What do you mean by "proper music"??

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    What do you mean by "proper music"??
    Conventional music.

Conventional music.
    Oh. I see your point...and I agree.

Today's music hunting was a disappointment. I just settled on some CDs and brought home no vinyl at all. Just not in the right frame of mind, today.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Today's music hunting was a disappointment. I just settled on some CDs and brought home no vinyl at all. Just not in the right frame of mind, today.
    Definitely requires the right mood. Patience also. Oh well. What discs did you buy?

Definitely requires the right mood. Patience also. Oh well. What discs did you buy?
    Just some stuff from the clearance shelves. Two by Tracy Chapman, one by Iris Dement, one by Cowboy Junkies and a Joni Mitchell. Heavy on the girls, today.

I need some Tracy Chapman on vinyl. Did you check out my storage thread? I got it all together, just neeeds a coat of paint...

I'd like to have Tracy's debut on vinyl. A collection of any artist's work has a major hole in it without the debut.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

about all you need is

the eponymous album. the tune fast car is about all i need to hear. very well recorded and performed, too bad she doesnt have more to say creatively.

its kinda like mason williams and barry white, one song and fini.
    ...regards...tr

If that one song is memorable enough, you can release it again later...

why do 'one hit wonders' ?

release 'greatest hits' albums when they should be GREATEST HIT?
    ...regards...tr

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Got back from vacation and had enough money to buy some vinyl. A couple of my new purchases.

Name:  EUROS758.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  11.0 KB

Name:  hiqlp003.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  27.5 KB
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

I picked up some girls, today. The Ronstadt was just an upgrade for condition. I already have almost everything of hers. You northerners probably don't know Marcia Ball. She's blues, zydeco, boogie woogie, Austin, New Orleans, rolled into one. Carlene Carter is a daughter of June Carter. I'm assuming this is the same Martha Davis as was in The Motels, of 1980s MTV fame. Of course, Grace needs no introduction.

New to me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help!  I keep buying vinyl!!!-dsc03261.jpg  

passion, grace and fire----great find!

i have a couple of those as well as the fri nite in sf. there is also a cd with the same guys using the same color codes named 'the guitar trio'. i dont think that one is on vinyl. its a good trilogy to have.

enjoy.
    ...regards...tr

In a rare stroke of luck I found this gem. It is Tangerine Dream's In the Beginning, a box-set of LPs including five of TD's first four albums: Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Zeit, and Atem and their "lost" album, Green Desert. For many, the sound of long aural sequences of washed landscapes might be considered old hat. Compared with the slickly polished sounds of TD's later work and many of today's artists, these albums are rather dated. On the other hand, if you are like me, these sounds are great tapestries of great art. With these renderings, TD helped usher in the electronic age of music, creating sounds, rhythms and textures quite unlike most of the fare on the radio dial. This is the stuff you listen to with the lights turned down or off late at night in your inner sanctum. As a fan, I already own these albums on CD; but having them in vinyl is like having an old friend over who, like me, likes to enjoy a groovy night with the stereo.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

I have been on a massive guitar kick lately. Back to my Benson collection but have been discovering the magic of Jim Hall and of course Joe Pass.

Desmond and Hall is possibly cooler than cool. I can't deal with it, too god damn cool.

I have been on a massive guitar kick lately. Back to my Benson collection but have been discovering the magic of Jim Hall and of course Joe Pass.

Desmond and Hall is possibly cooler than cool. I can't deal with it, too god damn cool.
    Well you need to fuss out that Miles Davis for starting the West Coast Kool Jazz with his album "Birth of the Cool" and then moving on to bebop Jazz not continuing in what he started. Chet Baker also dabbled into Kool West coast Jazz and moved on as well as Stan Getz. But Desmond and Hall and Connie Kay stayed and made it even more Kool...But you know what they say...if you cant stand the Kool, get out of the Fridge.... So I guess if you cant deal with... that means you gotta send me all your Kool vinyl.

Look at the lineup on this re-issue LP...

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information