Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Regular

Thumbs down RGA you're tiring

RGA,

Do you work for Audio Note?? Are they paying you to overhype the hell out of their products?? Any company who charges a crap load more money for the SAME SPEAKER with silver wires is running a scam big time. I went to their website and was laughing the entire time. This Peter clown stating that SET's do less damage to the speaker and all this nonsense......any engineer with half a brain will tell you that even though it's second order consonant distortion it's.......distortion!!! Most solid state amps are practically distortionless unless they are driven to clipping when they sound like crap. Tubes sound like crap and the louder you go the more tubey they get! Also I find it funny how he uses custom cabinets that vibrate in sync with the drivers and bla bla bla. One of the most well engineered and great speakers I've ever heard was the Dynaudio temptations and have you ever seen their graphs??? Smooth on and off axis frequency response with no goofy midrange dips or peaks. Inert cabinet. Clean waterfall plot. THAT is engineering. You're polluting these newbies minds with your crap and I'm sorry to hear that a lot of them are going to listen to you. Maybe you should take an electronics class and read some amplifier/loudspeaker design books and then come back. I believe in trusting your ears to an extent but hifi is much more than "magic". It's a science plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    I don't know the processed Silver alone in one of his AN E level speakers will run you $40,000.00 just for the silver -- they use some of the best Paper drivers available on this planet and the best Alnico magnets. All Birch Ply real wood cabinets...how much is a piece of cloth running these days?. Every speaker is hand tested and aligned -- labour is more expensive that parts in this and most industries.

Soundhounds did the demo you seek -- the result of which is that they no longer carry Magnepan --- and indeed, while they're site lists Martin logan -- they only carry them in name (ie you can order it through them) but it was too embarrassing a match-up.

Bose was very good at falsifying soundstages as well so that everything played through a 901 sound enormous whether it is suppose to or not. My session with the 3.6 and Bryston was not particularly great with unevenness and open but sizzly quality to the proceedings - bass was deep not the least bit credible in the dynamics -- so let me guess it's the amplifiers fault and or the room correct? Yeah I hear this one a lot.

You want to argue cost to price ratio you shoud be real sure where you get the information - Skeptic already got into a long thread with Peter about this on AA and the cost to end price of Audio Note is strikingly low relative to most out there...and that includes their $125,000.00 speakers -- and it doesn't avoid the fact that that every other company isn't selling their speakers at cost.

Your rhetoric of limitless high stage is idiotic sorry because when i see a band play I am not hearing the singer 50 feet in the air wither her band up there?? Heck man what the hell are you talking about? magnepan reminds me of watching a movie in pan and scan where everything is blown up larger than it is in life and misses a lot of the content for "air'

I don't really want to argue the point because I like it more than most and I get why some people would really not have anything else -- I'm not trying to convert you - but it is my opinion that ONE speaker should play all kinds of music -- a lot of maggie owners seem to always end up buying other speakers for other kinds of music or because they "Have a change of mood today?" That to me is an obvious indication that the speaker lacks for some music -- music such as rock where this kind of rythm dynamics is required.

If all I listened to was acoustic music Magnepan and Quad and ML(even with the woofer problem) I would enjoy.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Thread over!

I hate to say it, but I was part of the problem this time too.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information