Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beer Talk Time!

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Well I guess it wasn't obvious enough, hidden as the URL in my example code. But your web search turned up the same beer maiden as my web search. It is kinda scary that we tend to think alike. Not sure which one of us it should scare most, though
    Haha! I just assumed that was the beer bottle again. I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Cool bottle on that Bärenjäger. Some sake bottles have wood stops kinda like that.
    Actually, hate to disapopint, but it's not woudl -- it's plastic shaped like a beehive. Still cool, though. That honey-hunting "basket" it's in is actual woven...um...whatever it is you weave when you do basketweaving, and has a working straphole on the back, just like real beekeepers do.
    Do you ever freeze that stuff, or is it better at room temp?
    Right now I'm drinking...erm...I've drunk it at room termpeature, but it says it's better served chilled.

Woo, doggy! Best cut me off.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    ... hate to disapopint, but it's not woudl -- ...I've drunk it at room termpeature

Have another one, Dusty.....................

SUN KIL MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Woo, doggy? Hehehe, I just got back from a fireworks show and it was soooooooo cool! Right downtown, just a couple blocks away. Wow! Had a buzz going on a winter night with colorful explosions in the sky. And now back with an ice cold Sapporo and Silver Apples of the Moon. Sugar Daddy. Best song ever! I wasn't gonna put any music in this thread but tentoze already broke the silence with British Sea Power and Sun Kil Moon. Got a ? disc from Mr. Jim and Susan Clark today but haven't played it yet. Just picked it up literally minutes ago. Got the Laika jones right now and it might be awhile before that itch is scratched. Maybe a coupla days. Had the Head of Femur itch for the last coupla days, but finally got that one scratched after a few listens today. Sounds like tentoze has a Sun Kil Moon itch right now..........

What kinda music you been itching for lately? Anyone?

I'll drink a Guiness anytime. I love the flavor of a nice stout beer.

But a Bacardi and coke is where it's at wiff me.

I just love fermented sugar cane.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    . Sounds like tentoze has a Sun Kil Moon itch right now..........

What kinda music you been itching for lately? Anyone?
    Yah, and it is way kewl, probably a strong contender in a top 10 of the year if I had had it to live with for another month or so (same for British Sea Power, which I went to grab, only to find out Unklebob has it with him out on the town celebrating birthday #21) but I just swapped back off to the new Van Morrison, and I may have to eat some of the words I typed about it on Tuesday. Sometimes I pull the trigger quicker than is prudent.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

my beer $.02

Sammy Smith does make some fine elixers, their Oatmeal Stout and Toddy Porter are also yummy, if you can get over the price ($12. !).
    Besides seconding that La Fin De Monde rec, my favorite winter quaffs are Dogfish Head's 'Raison D' Etre - (see www.dogfish.com)
    Voted 'American Beer Of The Year' in January 2000 by Malt Advocate Magazine. A deep mahogany ale brewed with beet sugar, green raisins, and Belgian yeast. As complex as a fine red wine. 8% ABV 36 IBU.
    Also Youngs 'Luxuery Chocalate Stout' in the pub style cans is the bomb --creamy, choclatey nectar!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

I have such a hangover -- and that was with just one shot!

Well, I gotta go out and shovel the driveway. But between exertions, I've been listening to Advanced Electronics 2, a various artists compilation that me and Jim Clark would like but no-one else that I can think of offhand. Have you heard this yet, Jim? Lot of great bands on here, and weirdly some electroclash thrown in:

Wire this month also came with The Wire Tapper 10 which includes everything from avant-jazz to glitch to Laibach doing dance-electro to David Sylvian to some rap and hip-hop that somehow manages to work as a compilation. This might be my favourite one from them yet.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information