Thread: Onkyo TX-DS797?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Onkyo TX-DS797?

OK, I just got this receiver from my neighbor for dirt cheap. I haven't really read any reviews on it until now, but since it was so cheap I didn't really care. I'm putting together my home theater once my house is ready in a few months. I just wanted to know if anyone has this receiver or has had it in the past and what were/are your experiences with it? Apparently the few reviews I have read said quite a few of them experience clicking problems. Anyone on here experience that? Is this a good receiver? Was it worth the $200 my parents neighbor gave it to me for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Red face I've used one in my bedroom system for 2.5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by chazutx
    OK, I just got this receiver from my neighbor for dirt cheap. I haven't really read any reviews on it until now, but since it was so cheap I didn't really care. I'm putting together my home theater once my house is ready in a few months. I just wanted to know if anyone has this receiver or has had it in the past and what were/are your experiences with it? Apparently the few reviews I have read said quite a few of them experience clicking problems. Anyone on here experience that? Is this a good receiver? Was it worth the $200 my parents neighbor gave it to me for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I've never had or heard a clicking problem. My 797 was a late model open box. I think the 797 is a great receiver with more than anyone would need for a first system. I think your neighbor would be foolish to sell something defective to a neighbor who could/would give him grief at any time. over it. Try it out even if theres some minor things wrong with it the 797 is definately worth fixing...

Da Worfster

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Great thanks for the response. Anyone else have any experience with one?

Thread Information