Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapleshade ?

Forum Regular

Forum Regular

Just more of the same audio has to offer: BS, voodoo, myths, unsuported claims, expensive price tags for what is offered, etc.
    And, in this case, it is ugly.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Just more of the same audio has to offer: BS, voodoo, myths, unsuported claims, expensive price tags for what is offered, etc.
    And, in this case, it is ugly.
    I can understand making an expensive power cord at least look like it is worth the mony, but these power cords look like something you would find in a McDonalds happ meal for audophiles.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckman
    I can understand making an expensive power cord at least look like it is worth the mony, but these power cords look like something you would find in a McDonalds happ meal for audophiles.

I think that is exactely what I said , UGLY
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckman
    "...and would you like some hype with that, sir?"

LOL! Of all the marketing rap I've heard about anything associated with audio, Mapleshade takes the cake.

Talking

Anyone ask them where their UL approval is?

-Bruce

(otherwise)

hahahahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahh ahahahha
    You've got to be kidding me....
    ahahahahahhahahhahahahhahhaahahhahahahhahahahhahah a

*whew* I needed a good laugh.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rb122
    "...and would you like some hype with that, sir?"

LOL! Of all the marketing rap I've heard about anything associated with audio, Mapleshade takes the cake.

I hear they make very good CD recordings. They should stick to what they know best, recording
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FLZapped

Anyone ask them where their UL approval is?

-Bruce

(otherwise)

hahahahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahh ahahahha
    You've got to be kidding me....
    ahahahahahhahahhahahahhahhaahahhahahahhahahahhahah a

*whew* I needed a good laugh.

What is that clearly visible green straight thread/wire? The ground? Sooo thin.
    mtrycrafts

I hear they make very good CD recordings. They should stick to what they know best, recording

Hi mtry

they actually do make some pretty good Cd's. I'm not sure what type of music you enjoy listening to (why is that?)...but their sampler (music festival) is worth looking into. Good music and good recordings. I enjoy them.

oh...yeah. The MapleShade tweaks? no thank you.

take care>>>>>>>>>>

enjoy the music!

Talking

What is that clearly visible green straight thread/wire? The ground? Sooo thin.
    Probably. Hopefully it is of sufficient guage to trip a circuit breaker(or fuse) in the event of a short.

BTW - it gets even better, this was in the (online) Owners Manual:

"Never lay this (or any other wire in your system) on a carpeted or plastic tile floor—nor any plastic molding or plastic wall covering. The proximity of bad-sounding dielectric will seriously degrade the sound of even the best cables."

hahahaahhahahhahahhahahahhhahhahahhaa

Man.....these guys are really twisted.

-Bruce

Forum Regular

If I was a con artist

If it wasn't for damn subconscious I would go into the high end audio accessory business.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin
    I'm not sure what type of music you enjoy listening to (why is that
    oh...yeah. The MapleShade tweaks? no thank you.
    take care>>>>>>>>>>

Why? Because this is not the music forum But, just for you, I like a variety of music, classical, as a starter, Yanni, Dianna Krall, Kitaro, Enya, Lorenna McKinnitt and a few others. I pick up some local artist discs at thanksgiving festival shows and fairs that hits my fancy. Usually not jazz but I have picked up a couple on recommendation. No Maple Shade discs yet.
    mtrycrafts

Lorenna McKinnitt.

Yes, I've recently gotten into her music, I have good collection of Celtic music, Enyas sister Maire Brennan (Clannad) is another good artist in that genre.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddykeith
    Lorenna McKinnitt.

Yes, I've recently gotten into her music, I have good collection of Celtic music, Enyas sister Maire Brennan (Clannad) is another good artist in that genre.

My collection is small but I have several of these artists. I enjoy some Celtic music. May have to try your suggestion. That is how I got unto them myself
    What is the relationship of (Clannad)? Part of her name? Also known as?
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Safety

If equipment that is using this line cord develops a hard hot to ground short, most circuit breakers will not clear the line in time to prevent rupture of that ground conductor, leaving a hot chassis..

Also, a wire of that size is incapable of physical stress encountered in everyday use.

Should a child be electrocuted as a result of the use of a line cord of this design, who is responsible??

I do not believe a picture of this cord should even be allowed to exist, there will be those out there who will actually try to make something like that, and I fear the consequences.

If this picture is just a joke, it can be a very dangerous one. If it is real, it is not funny, but it is still dangerous. Thanks to all for pointing safety out..I just don't think you were all vocal enough in stressing that..

John

I'm not sure, I first herd Clannad in some movie sound tracks, they do the theme for Patriot Games, and did a song on "Last of the Mohicans". Enya used to be with the band back in the 80's, then went out on her own. Marie Brennan has a solo album and a wonderful remake of Big Yellow Taxi that is (IMO) better then the original Carly Simon version.

Here is a site that explains all you need to know
    http://www.p2pezine.com/maire-brennan.htm

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    If this picture is just a joke, it can be a very dangerous one. If it is real, it is not funny, but it is still dangerous. Thanks to all for pointing safety out..I just don't think you were all vocal enough in stressing that..

John
    This is no joke. Mapleshade has a hole slew of cables and interconnects like this. And they have been selling them for at least a year so I imagine there are quite a few out there. It is just hard to believe people buy them.

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/tweaks/powerstrip.php

$270 (plus shipping) for a power strip. And it looks no different from the ones they sell for $6.95 at Home Depot.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/tweaks/powerstrip.php

$270 (plus shipping) for a power strip. And it looks no different from the ones they sell for $6.95 at Home Depot.

Did you notice those piss ant wires on them? Certainly won't see it on the HD strip.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddykeith

I'm not sure, I first herd Clannad in some movie sound tracks, they do the theme for Patriot Games, and did a song on "Last of the Mohicans". Enya used to be with the band back in the 80's, then went out on her own. Marie Brennan has a solo album and a wonderful remake of Big Yellow Taxi that is (IMO) better then the original Carly Simon version.

Here is a site that explains all you need to know
    http://www.p2pezine.com/maire-brennan.htm

Great, thanks. Went to Ireland last year. Besutiful place, was cold, windy, some rain, roads very narrow with stone walls too close and they don't know what iced tea is.
    Of all things, had a waitress who worked in Bangkok know exactely what it was.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular

Mapleshade makes some great sounding cables. With their return policy it's a no risk deal.

Why? Because this is not the music forum But, just for you, I like a variety of music, classical, as a starter, Yanni, Dianna Krall, Kitaro, Enya, Lorenna McKinnitt and a few others. I pick up some local artist discs at thanksgiving festival shows and fairs that hits my fancy. Usually not jazz but I have picked up a couple on recommendation. No Maple Shade discs yet.

I suppose you have a point hmmm...maybe the cable forum could be renamed the cable/music forum??? Naww

The MapleShade sampler( Music Festival) is pretty good...and it's not overly priced. If ya get an ankling you should get it

see ya>>>>

enjoy the music!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin
    The MapleShade sampler( Music Festival) is pretty good...and it's not overly priced. If ya get an ankling you should get it

see ya>>>>
    Pierre does know how to make some great recordings, no doubt about that. His tweaks are pretty amazing as well.

Forum Regular

?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseburro
    Mapleshade makes some great sounding cables. With their return policy it's a no risk deal.
    ? What about the risk of starting a fire or the risk of the cat getting electricuted.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    I do not believe a picture of this cord should even be allowed to exist, there will be those out there who will actually try to make something like that, and I fear the consequences.
    John
    There are pictures of a lot worse things on the internet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information