Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB
    What's great is that non-audiophiles who've heard these systems before and after the cable changes have also been able to hear the improvements with the new cables. I guess nobody had ever told them that they weren't allowed to hear any audible improvements from just a cable change.
    I suppose this is somehow better than a testimonial on TV? Why would they be exepmt from human gullibility? Or the basic humand need for changes whether one took place or not?
    I don't suppose you confirmed this observation with bias controlled listening, right?
    mtrycrafts

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    I suppose this is somehow better than a testimonial on TV?
    You are free to give my comments as much or as little credence as you like.

Why would they be exepmt from human gullibility? Or the basic humand need for changes whether one took place or not?
    Why would they be exempt from acknowledging reality is the more relevant question. As to how any "basic humand need" factored into what they heard, I'm not as comfortable playing freelance psychologist as you apparently are, so I won't venture a guess. I suppose you'll have to ask them if you really want to know.

I don't suppose you confirmed this observation with bias controlled listening, right?
    No, my bias prevents me from being that anal about evaluating the sound of audio components.

Forum Regular

Why would they be exempt from acknowledging reality is the more relevant question.

That is the question. Acknowlidging reality is not easy at times. Some just cannot accept this and believe that every experience is reality. Wrong.

As to how any "basic humand need" factored into what they heard, I'm not as comfortable playing freelance psychologist as you apparently are, so I won't venture a guess.

No need to guess. Just a bit of knowledge on human perceptions, human belief system, bias, gullibility, etc.
    mtrycrafts

AR Newbie Registered Member

I hear difference's aswell

I to have heard noticeable difference's when changinging from a heavy gauge monster cable to a higher end cable. When swapping out the monster with kimberkable the differece's were immediate(dependant on cable line). The soundstage opened up and the bass cleaned up,with pitch instead of the boom that the monster offered.However, the cable cannot produce miracle's. The rest of your component's should be up for the task at hand aswell.Remember ,your system is only as good as your weakest link.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by henry lee
    I to have heard noticeable difference's when changinging from a heavy gauge monster cable to a higher end cable. When swapping out the monster with kimberkable the differece's were immediate(dependant on cable line). The soundstage opened up and the bass cleaned up,with pitch instead of the boom that the monster offered.However, the cable cannot produce miracle's. The rest of your component's should be up for the task at hand aswell.Remember ,your system is only as good as your weakest link.

Welcome and I agree cables can make a difference. Of course this thread is very old. You might want to start a new thread.
    c
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

yes, this is an old thresd... but

the best cables should get out of the way of the sound.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information