Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    One of my work mates went from a Guy to a Gal over the last 2 years. I don't care as long as they are happy. I get good home decor and cooking tips from one of my gay couple friends.
    Well, that's nice to know. Stereotype much?

I am tired of people blaming everything on the news service....we all know they cover stories that's going to make them money, and they will put spin on it...but facts are facts no matter what.....as far a MW....I know people like that.....In my 50 + years of living as a black man, who has been called the N work on more than a few accessions by whites, who has been denied certain things due to me because of my skin color....who has been racially profiled by white people and harassed by the cops because of my skin color......
    I can smell people like MarkW a mile away.
    Well, you would be very surprised if you ever met my cliet base and church. And, from your posts that dwell on your skin color, I know your type as well. You've got a big chip on your shoulders. Maybe others sense that as well and react to it. And, if it makes you feel any better, I've had a few black clients walk past me and go directly to my less experienced black trainee, even though I usually had to fiis the job. See? You're not alone.

Because of income me and wife make, we live in middle class hoods...where the nicer homes are, and the majority are white....my kids attend majority white schools , and I can tell you, her age group cant care less about racial problems...they think its silly which it is.
    Then your kids are wiser than you are. You should learn from them.

But on the night GZ was proven not guilty, people in my majority white hood started popping fire crackers....sorry Hyfi, this is no ill towards you at all, but just my take on markW and the silliness of it all. GZ went free.
    So, you think I celebrated this? You're wrong. I simply reacted to others reactions that "they wuz robbed" oftheir crucifixion. I think I said it was a tragedy that one of two ashholes died somewhere in here, but you probably didn't read that.

Personally, seeing you're so intospeculation here, after seeing the interview with Rachel Jeantel (sp?), I feel kinda sorry for Trayvon. I think her telling him that Zimerman was gay and wanted to rape him incited Trayvon to do some "whup azz" on him (read some of those links)

...do I think he is really guilty? Yes....Do I think he lied ...Hell yes....do I think the prosecutor messed up? Heck yes. Did the jury over look important information and mess over the facts...yes they did.
    Then you want the justice/legal system changes so it works according to color then. I also recall you saying early on that one of the witness's was practing telling lies for a year now. Gotcha.

Its interesting juror 37B came out and she is not the brights tool in the shed...and then the 4 other jurors distanced them selves from her....and juror 29 has yet to say a word. I bet she is the one who initially saw GZ guilty and I bet she was the only one to give in at the end before she fell to pressure and I bet she was the minority on the jury.
    Uh, I wouldn't like anyone speaking for me either but ultimately, all six eventually voted him not guitly. And, they COULD have not returned a verict if any of the jury didn't agree. That's called a "hung jury" and it does happen. Of course, you don't think it's possible that when reviewing all the evidence and discussing it with the others, the other three eventually saw the light? Of course not!
    Last edited by markw; 07-18-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Well, that's nice to know. Stereotype much?
    Hey, there is a lot to be said for the Que@r Eye for the Straight Guy.

My word, I can't even use the word Que.... in the correct context here

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Just like all the "Good Muslims" just sit back and let the bad ones define who they are. Complacency is not the answer and Black People in general should rally to shut the Black Panthers down. But they support them instead so that is how they are defined. And I can only guess you are implying that ONLY the Panthers feel that way and all other black people think something different from that statement???

Then you and I should shut down the KKK and white supremacist groups. If we do not that is the same as us supporting them?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Then you and I should shut down the KKK and white supremacist groups. If we do not that is the same as us supporting them?
    As it stands, they are so marginalized that nobody is dumb enough to take them seriously, they get no press coverage, nobody listens to them, or even cares what they say. They are jokes to everone except themselves.

When they get the press coverage that professionnal race-baiters like Jackson, Sharpton, New Blalck Panthers, Holder, and Obama do, then they will be a threat to our society, and we'll worry about it then.

As for Westboro Babdist, if you'll notice,whe they announce they will be having a presence, there's usually a goodly number of people who show up to prevent them from otaing their goal. Here's what happened when they tried to pull their stuff at Texas A & M, about as bible-belt a school as you'll find. Go Aggies!
    Last edited by markw; 07-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Frenchmon, I am not blaming the outcome on the media. I am blaming the media for its dis-service to America by blowing this whole thing into a circus act and televising the whole thing to distract us from bigger issues AND to keep racial tensions high. It makes for more good news.

Now on to the N word. Why is it OK for blacks to constantly call each other the N word but as soon as Whitey says it all hell breaks loose?

I guess I am a Cracker, so what.

Again, I am not following any of what the jurors have said and posting in this thread along with reading a few headlines is the most attention I will waste. It's more out of boredom and I like good debates.

As per my post and link above, it does not even matter if something is caught on tape to prove the guilt.
    Hyfi...

Actually I think its ignorant for any one to use that word. the younger blacks using that word is stupid and don't seem to understand the pain of slavery....most of them can't understand because of not being educated enough to undertand the history. Now dont get me wrong, there are tons and tons of respectable blacks and young blacks in the hood who are getting educated....the so called media wont write about that, and other people wont most of America to think all blacks are dumb and uneducated, but thats far from the truth.

The reason why Blacks can call each other that is because it does not mean the same coming from a black. Its like one black either cussing another black or one black using it as a term of endearment. coming from a white person to a black is like like the worse thing you can say...it brings back the pain of slavery and all that blacks have lost. And a white man can never ever use that word as a term of endearment.....so its a no no to most blacks coming from a white person. Actually I know some white people who genuinely feel bad about slavery...and I also klnow some who want to bring it back.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

A goodly portion of whites didn't even come to this coutry until after slaver was abolished. For instance, my Alsatian ancestors didn't hit the shores until 1880. So why sould I be held rsponsible? I mean, it was wrong, sure, but we didn't have any hand in it. Same goes for the Italians who arrived starting at about the same time. The Irish started in about 1840 and then were mainly in Boston.

Here's a map of the european imigration from 1850 - 1860. I doubt too many had the wherewithall to own slaves during that time period.

Most of our ancestors were still overseas until after slavery was abolished over 150 years ago. So, how the hades do you think we are responsible for your problems?

It's really about time y'all get over it and move on. I mean, it's like me still blaming my parents for any problems I still have at 60. At some point we all have to stop blaming others for our problems and take responsibility for own destiny.

Heck, if anyone has a beef it would be the Chineese who were essentially slaves when the railroads were being built. Here's a link that prety much lays out the whole story. Do you hear them whining? No. They moved on and now, 150 years later, their kids are "whupping azz" in schools and getting all the good tech jobs.

Well, to lighten the tone a bit...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, to lighten the tone a bit...
    Manufactured scandals that amount to nothing. Check how many embassies were attacked during The Bush years. Bush started the wire tapping but no one of the GOP complained. You are wrong about so many things and stop getting your news from FOX.

Oh and one more thing this thread is about the Zimmerman case only.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Well, I did mention Zimmerman, and several of us did bring up this same subject previously. This was just a more graphic representation.

And besides, this thread has already morphed into several directions, even with some of your posts as well. Where does Westboro fit in here?

Anyhow, Nixon was forced to leave office for Watergate, one incident. Even our current president was ready to run The Reviled W out on a rail when he was a senator (for all of three years) and now, he's even worse than W.

The current adminisration is juggling so many scandals that it's almost funny, but actually tragic, how many people don't give a hoot, or aren't even aware, thanks to the MSM (main streak media)

Double Standard? Nah! Hey, the guy's teflon, thanks to his color, the MSM, and bread and circuses.
    Last edited by markw; 07-18-2013 at 05:51 PM.

If you do not understand why Nixon had to leave office there is no longer any reason to discuss anything with you. You just do not get it.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

If you do not understand why Nixon had to leave office there is no longer any reason to discuss anything with you. You just do not get it.
    I'm sure ou can do better tan that, JM.

But, he DID end the Viet-Nam war which he inherited from his predecessor. As for Iraq and Afghanistan, well, we're still waiting for that promise to be fufilled.

I have to deal with my own sadness over recent events and reading what he thinks is not helping with my healing.
    Is everything alright?

Prejudice is alive and well in this country and I miss France.
    I am sure France got their own baggage to deal with

I have traveled half way around the world and what you find out when traveling is that poeple are the same all over the world. Like when Richard Pryor said after visiting Africa:"And you realize that people are the same all over the world. Because people in Africa screw over your luggage just like people in New York.”

Suspended
    Hyfi...

Actually I think its ignorant for any one to use that word. the younger blacks using that word is stupid and don't seem to understand the pain of slavery....most of them can't understand because of not being educated enough to undertand the history. Now dont get me wrong, there are tons and tons of respectable blacks and young blacks in the hood who are getting educated....the so called media wont write about that, and other people wont most of America to think all blacks are dumb and uneducated, but thats far from the truth.

The reason why Blacks can call each other that is because it does not mean the same coming from a black. Its like one black either cussing another black or one black using it as a term of endearment. coming from a white person to a black is like like the worse thing you can say...it brings back the pain of slavery and all that blacks have lost. And a white man can never ever use that word as a term of endearment.....so its a no no to most blacks coming from a white person. Actually I know some white people who genuinely feel bad about slavery...and I also klnow some who want to bring it back.
    I guess the real problem here is that ONLY blacks think of or are reminded of something that happened a long time ago. As a white person, I have NEVER thought of slavery until you brought it up. Sounds like being stuck in the past and taking it out on the present. Whenever I have used it, and of course I have like just about everyone else, it was in the context you claim is OK for black on black usage. Never was it intended or considered or even thought of to mean that I support or condone slavery.

Mark elaborated quite nicely in his reply about the Chinese slaves and such.

It's time to let go of the past and move forward into the future.

Suspended
    By now you know how silly this reply was. Like Mark pointed out, white people do not take those groups seriously and they have far less effect on anything unlike the Panthers. If you think they do, you have not been here long enough.

By now you know how silly this reply was. Like Mark pointed out, white people do not take those groups seriously and they have far less effect on anything unlike the Panthers. If you think they do, you have not been here long enough.
    Not silly just not understood by the silly. The members of the groups sure take themselves seriously. To say that white people do not take the KKK seriously but black people take the Panthers seriously is silly.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Silly? I think not.

Not silly just not understood by the silly. The members of the groups sure take themselves seriously. To say that white people do not take the KKK seriously but black people take the Panthers seriously is silly.
    When was the last time you've seen those crackpot white supremast groups make public announcments and get any media coverage? When have you seen them hold rallies that garnered any media coverage, much less were attended by anyone except themselves?

I guess you didn't see my link where the Panthers offered a ransom for the kidnappig of Zimmerman.

And, IIRC, there was somehing about these guys intimidating people at the 2008 presidantial elections where charges were filled against them but, strangely enough, were dropped when Obama took office. Linky here Now, which crackpot white supremecist group has that sort of affect on anything?

To his credit, the black newscaster covering it couldn't believe it either and called them on it.

But, it still got airplay.

So, I guess only the silly can't see how ridiculous and desperate your original statement was.
    Last edited by markw; 07-19-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Depends on what part of the country you are from and the prevalence of the Klan. They have had rallies in my town. Recently they had recruitment rallies. The Westboro Baptist churc from my earlier example is always getting media attention. Regardless people of color are not going to hunt down Zimmerman just because the Panthers made that statement he should be kidnapped. Anymore than we would be talked into lynching someone because a white hate group suggested it.

When was the last time you've seen those crackpot white supremast groups make public announcments and get any media coverage? When have you seen them hold rallies that garnered any media coverage, much less were attended by anyone except themselves?

I guess you didn't see my link where the Panthers offered a ransom for the kidnappig of Zimmerman.

To his credit, the black newscaster covering it couldn't believe it either and called them on it.

But, it still got airplay.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Depends on what part of the country you are from and the prevalence of the Klan. They have had rallies in my town. Recently they had recruitment rallies.
    Really? I did't see advance notice it on TV. Was it covered live on TV?? How many people showed up? Did anybody?

On a more serious note, if the potentially hostile reaction to the Zimmerman verdict from te black community doesn't calm down, it could very well lead to an increase in their membership, and gun sales.

The Westboro Baptist churc from my earlier example is always getting media attention.
    And, what happens when they do? Do people rally to cheer them on in support or join their cause? No, people show up to protest them.

You really didn't see that coming, did you?

Regardless people of color are not going to hunt down Zimmerman just because the Panthers made that statement he should be kidnapped.
    All it takes is one demented, hateful, dipshiite that wants the money. Frankly, I doubt the panthers would make good on their promise to pay, but if someone carries it out, well, the damage is done. IMNSHO, That anyone made this video and aired it in the first place should be an indictible offense.

Anymore than we would be talked into lynching someone because a white hate group suggested it.
    So, since you admit that nobody takes them seriously what's your concern with the white crackpot groups? They are a bunch ohf hateful social misfits who spew their venom among themelves.

Blacks have held protests all over the country since the verdict. To everyones credit, virtually all were peaceful, but some got new plasmas for free in LA. Social media is rife with calls to kill Zimmerman. This simply attests to their power guided by the MSM. Now, what white crackpot group has that leverage?

Are we done yet, John? You're becoming tedious and that chip on your shoulder must be getting pretty heavy by now..
    Last edited by markw; 07-19-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Mark I am just responding to your tedium. You spew but have never listened to anyone who has not completely agreed with you. I have just been playing your little game.

Really? I did't see advance notice it on TV. Was it covered live on TV?? How many people showed up? Did anybody?

And, what happens when they do? Do people rally to cheer them on in support or join their cause? No, people show up to protest them.

You really didn't see that coming, did you?

All it takes is one demented, hateful, dipshiite that wants the money. Frankly, I doubt the panthers would make good on their promise to pay, but if someone carries it out, well, the damage is done. IMNSHO, That anyone made this video and aired it in the first place should be an indictible offense.

So, since you admit that nobody takes them seriously what's your concern with the white crackpot groups? They are a bunch ohf hateful social misfits who spew their venom among themelves.

Blacks have held protests all over the country since the verdict. To everyones credit, virtually all were peaceful, but some got new plasmas for free in LA. Social media is rife with calls to kill Zimmerman. This simply attests to their power guided by the MSM. Now, what white crackpot group has that leverage?

Are we done yet, John? You're becoming tedious and that chip on your shoulder must be getting pretty heavy by now..
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended

This thread has just about run it's course

I do remember one thing.
    It took hours and hours but.
    by the time I was done with it,
    I was so involved, I didn't know what to think.
    I carried it around with me for days and days.
    playing little games
    like not looking at it for a whole day
    and then. looking at it.
    to see if I still liked it.
    I did.

I repeat myself when under stress.
    I repeat.
    The more I look at it,
    the more I like it.
    I do think it's good.
    The fact is.
    no matter how closely I study it,
    no matter how I take it apart,
    no matter how I break it down,
    It remains consistent.
    I wish you were here to see it.

I like it.

KC - Indiscipline

Depends on what part of the country you are from and the prevalence of the Klan. They have had rallies in my town. Recently they had recruitment rallies. The Westboro Baptist churc from my earlier example is always getting media attention. Regardless people of color are not going to hunt down Zimmerman just because the Panthers made that statement he should be kidnapped. Anymore than we would be talked into lynching someone because a white hate group suggested it.
    In 2005 when I lived in Durham North Carolina, there was a cross burning and the KKK to the credit. I moved to St.louis in 2008 and a year later there was a KKK rally in one of the small towns that made the news.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

In 2005 when I lived in Durham North Carolina, there was a cross burning and the KKK to the credit. I moved to St.louis in 2008 and a year later there was a KKK rally in one of the small towns that made the news.

It is interesting to visit the Southern Poverty Law Center and read the list of hate groups. Another concern are the militia/survivalist groups that are plotting the overthrow of the government. Hate groups and the lunatic fringe are alive and well.

The last time the KKK were in town and my mother was still alive she had a fit that I wanted to counter protest. That and she wanted her pink sheets back.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

By it's own definition, the Southern Poverty Law Center is a hate group itself. Linky here

I'll be moving on now. After all, you two started this thread to cackle amongst yourselves and glad-hand each other when you thought they were going to crucify Zimmerman. Too bad for you, but it didn't turn out that way.

I'll leave you alone now. Y'all can go lick your wounds in peace.

Buh-bye.

I guess the real problem here is that ONLY blacks think of or are reminded of something that happened a long time ago.
    Why do you say that....kindly explain.

As a white person, I have NEVER thought of slavery until you brought it up.
    Good for you! and your point?

Sounds like being stuck in the past and taking it out on the present.
    I'm sure some do. But you have never had the horrible history that blacks have had. Why are you inplying that blacks should forget it? You have no right! Just like some of the Jews...they will never forget, and neither should blacks.

Whenever I have used it, and of course I have like just about everyone else, it was in the context you claim is OK for black on black usage.
    Oh a term of endearment? Still that's very disrespectful in my book. Its disrespectful for blacks to even use that word with each other....its so ignorant!

Never was it intended or considered or even thought of to mean that I support or condone slavery.
    The term "n" is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. The senses labeled Extremely Disparaging and Offensive represent meanings that are deeply insulting and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. It is so profoundly offensive that a euphemism has developed for those occasions when the word itself must be discussed, as in court or in a newspaper editorial: “the n-word.”
    Despite this, the sense referring to a “black person” is sometimes used among African Americans in a neutral or familiar way. I would hope you neer use that word again!

It's time to let go of the past and move forward into the future.
    Who are you to tell me to let go of what happened? How rude and condescending of you! You cant just forget it and let it go! Its history and it happend, and now you want to just wash it under the table as if it never happened. How ignorant of you!

I will never let it go! Does not mean I hold you responsible, but I am reminded of what some are capable of. I am also reminded by the talk about black and brown parents telling their sons how to act when confronted by cops as well, and being in my 50's, I did remember my dad giving me instructions as a boy on how to respond to cops if they should ever confront me. Some things have not changed. I have been profiled by cops many times...especially where I live and the car I drive. so yeah my parents gave me warnings as a boy...You know why? Because they lived through all the yuk as a boy and their dad told him how to act as well...and his dad as well and so on. I will never forget it Hyfi. As horrible as it was, I will never forget it. And for a black man today, its still hard and I would say the sense of privileged that a white man has, I have yet to see as a black man.

Suspended
    Why do you say that....kindly explain.

Good for you! and your point?

I'm sure some do. But you have never had the horrible history that blacks have had. Why are you inplying that blacks should forget it? You have no right! Just like some of the Jews...they will never forget, and neither should blacks.

Oh a term of endearment? Still that's very disrespectful in my book. Its disrespectful for blacks to even use that word with each other....its so ignorant!

The term "n" is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. The senses labeled Extremely Disparaging and Offensive represent meanings that are deeply insulting and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. It is so profoundly offensive that a euphemism has developed for those occasions when the word itself must be discussed, as in court or in a newspaper editorial: “the n-word.”
    Despite this, the sense referring to a “black person” is sometimes used among African Americans in a neutral or familiar way. I would hope you neer use that word again!

Who are you to tell me to let go of what happened? How rude and condescending of you! You cant just forget it and let it go! Its history and it happend, and now you want to just wash it under the table as if it never happened. How ignorant of you!

I will never let it go! Does not mean I hold you responsible, but I am reminded of what some are capable of. I am also reminded by the talk about black and brown parents telling their sons how to act when confronted by cops as well, and being in my 50's, I did remember my dad giving me instructions as a boy on how to respond to cops if they should ever confront me. Some things have not changed. I have been profiled by cops many times...especially where I live and the car I drive. so yeah my parents gave me warnings as a boy...You know why? Because they lived through all the yuk as a boy and their dad told him how to act as well...and his dad as well and so on. I will never forget it Hyfi. As horrible as it was, I will never forget it. And for a black man today, its still hard and I would say the sense of privileged that a white man has, I have yet to see as a black man.
    Frenchmon, I am not going to take the time to debate you point by point. My main point in that reply was that to me the N word NEVER meant anything more than black, no different than coon and whatever others we want to dig up. No different than Puerto Ricans being called a Spic, no different than all the slang names created for any race and or ethnic group. I don't know personally anyone who has used the N word in conjunction with Slavery. I would never have thought of it until YOU brought it up.

And yes, I have heard of The Talk, listened to a whole NPR show about it. Guess what, Whitey has to act the same way when we get pulled over by the cops. It is just plain common sense and respect for a police officer. Mouth off and you have a problem.

You don't have to forget it, and I am not telling you to, but I am suggesting that you define yourself by your present and what you do with your future. Don't define yourself by history, the past, and things people you interact with today had nothing to do with. Every ethnic group or race has had its bad days.

When RAP songs no longer use the word, and movies no longer use the word, and when blacks themselves no longer use the word, Then just maybe the word might stop being used. It's in so many black artists songs, it's in so many movies as to be comical in Django Unchained. Jamie Fox was OK with it, he gots millions. Why didn't every black actor in that movie protest and say No? If I see that I will agree a little more with your stance.

I know you can't get everyone of your race to do the right thing, just like I can't so we will just have to remain at a stalemate and define our lives by what "happened" not what is and could be.

OK, since this has swayed so far from the original intent of the thread, I'm done also. TM was a thug and GZ was an ass and the system sucks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information