Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 151 to 164 of 164
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just wondering....

  1. #151
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    The N word is offensive due to it's use through the years. People who say it with hate in their heart do not think it just means black. It is a word that demeans a certain group. It is a name used during slavery, a name used during lynchings and a name uses during beatings and killings during the struggles for civil rights. I do not think they meant black.

    I have no problems if blacks want to own the word and use it how they want. I am much the same way with the word f@ggot. If another gay person calls me a f@g it is not hurtful. A group of classmates chasing me down a hall shouting it was hurtful as was the beatings when they caught me. How hurtful it was to be called f@g when I was working my job bagging groceries. Leaving the local gay bar and rushing to your car being shouted at and chased until I could loose them. When you grow up with a word being used against you for many years you hate the word.

    Like many painful life experiences hearing the word used against me again takes me back to the feelings of the dark days. Of course if you have never been in a minority group that faced hate and prejudice you are not able to understand the emotions.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  2. #152
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I'll be moving on now.
    I'll leave you alone now.
    Buh-bye.
    Thank you

    Zimmerman took Trayvon's life and ruined his in the process.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  3. #153
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Posts
    4,659
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Zimmerman took Trayvon's life
    In self defense

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    ...and ruined his in the process.
    Such is the pity.

    You're welcome

  4. #154
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    In self defense

    Such is the pity.

    You're welcome

    Living in prisons of our own creation

    He still has other trials ahead.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  5. #155
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380
    The Martins are already worried about going forward with a civil case because A- they are broke and B- if they lose, they will have to pay GZ
    The Feds will most likely drop their case because it is baseless.

    What other ones are you thinking of?

  6. #156
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    The Martins are already worried about going forward with a civil case because A- they are broke and B- if they lose, they will have to pay GZ
    The Feds will most likely drop their case because it is baseless.

    What other ones are you thinking of?

    Oh you have spoken with the Martins recently? As Zimmerman received donations for his defense many will contribute to the Martins. There are also a lot of petitions being circulated asking the "Feds" to get involved.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  7. #157
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Frenchmon, I am not going to take the time to debate you point by point. My main point in that reply was that to me the N word NEVER meant anything more than black,
    How selfish of you if that's true. But I don't believe a grown man never associated that word as a horrible term aimed at blacks during slavery and there after. And I know you dont care what I believe so save it.

    And yes, I have heard of The Talk, listened to a whole NPR show about it. Guess what, Whitey has to act the same way when we get pulled over by the cops. It is just plain common sense and respect for a police officer. Mouth off and you have a problem.
    Well I know...you tell that to the countless blacks who kept their mouth shut and still got beat up in the peaceful civil rights rallies of the 50 and 60's. You tell that to the countless blacks in slavery who did nothing wrong but had their families ripped apart. You tell that to those who where lynched whos only crime was having dark skin. You want me to forget? No way....if it was not for the strength of those blacks during slavery, and those after slavery who stood up for what was right, those who paved the way for me to have a decent life today, I would not be able to enjoy what I do now....especially to enjoy the hobby you and I both enjoy and thats audio....you and I are connected through audio Hyfi. If not the road paved for me...we couldnt do that because I would not have had the chance to get an education and make money to buy...but now I do. (And btw.....I just got a spanking brand new VIncent sp-331mk anp)

    You don't have to forget it, and I am not telling you to,
    I will never forget those who paved the way for me, and no one cant tell me what to do....saidly, you never suggested I forgot, but you TOLD me to forget.


    but I am suggesting that you define yourself by your present and what you do with your future. Don't define yourself by history, the past, and things people you interact with today had nothing to do with. Every ethnic group or race has had its bad days.
    Hahahahaha! sorry Hyfi, I know you have good intentions here, but you just don't get it! You act as if I am saying I am a slave. Thats not what I am saying. I identify with those of long ago, because they where the fore runners....they made a way for me. They paved the way for me to live the life I live now. they fought for me Hyfi. they where a strong people who endured,,. Even people like Jefferson....Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King....they all fought for the rights of people to have the life we have today. I know some who fought had slaves, But for me, I identify more with those who where held against their will. I can never forget my great, great, great, great grand parents where slaves in this country and helped pave the way for me. Never.

    When RAP songs no longer use the word, and movies no longer use the word, and when blacks themselves no longer use the word, Then just maybe the word might stop being used. It's in so many black artists songs, it's in so many movies as to be comical in Django Unchained. Jamie Fox was OK with it, he gots millions. Why didn't every black actor in that movie protest and say No? If I see that I will agree a little more with your stance.
    You cant agree more with me because stupid people keep using it? wow! Well its sad to say, ignorant people will always be with us. So the word will never go away. But just because others are stupid and selfish dont mean we all are....and I dont know what world you live in, but there was many who spoke out about that word. Cosby as well as Spike Lee who was very vocal about its over use.


    I know you can't get everyone of your race to do the right thing, just like I can't so we will just have to remain at a stalemate and define our lives by what "happened" not what is and could be.

    OK, since this has swayed so far from the original intent of the thread, I'm done also. TM was a thug and GZ was an ass and the system sucks.
    Oh so you too think Martin was a thug? Why do you say that? Because the dictionary says Zimmerman is the real thug.


    thug [thuhg] Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
    2.
    ( sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

    There is no proof Martin was crul or vicious a robber or murderer.....But we know Zimmerman was a big lier and a MURDERER who shot a kid who was 17 years old and unarmed.

    So Zimmerman is the real THUG....he is the person who is forever going to live the THUG life. and the majority of the people in the USA also feel that Zimmerman is the real thug who got a way with murder.

    But for some reason you want to call the unarmed guy who was minding his own business on his way home, who had no witness that he threw the first punch, who had no witness that he started the fight, but you would rather believe the testimony of a man who had a gun and was on the hunt, who had close to 70 911 calls of only blacks in the hood and not one white, a guy who was caught in at least 10 lies about his story that night, a guy who was armed and hunted down black guys and got a way with murder, but the unarmed guy is the thug....Hyfi, you got some twisted thinking because those are facts.
    JohnMichael likes this.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

  8. #158
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    The Martins are already worried about going forward with a civil case because A- they are broke and B- if they lose, they will have to pay GZ
    The Feds will most likely drop their case because it is baseless.

    What other ones are you thinking of?
    Where did you get that from? thats not what she said last night.

    And besides.....the bill is already paid. If She does go for it, others with wealth have offered to pay the bill. Have you not also heard Tom Joyner has already put up the money for the girl who was on the phone with Martin up till Zimmerman confronted Martin, to finish high school and he is paying for tutors all the way through college? Oh don't think Martins parents are broke, because right now she has more money than you or I for this case if she decides to go for it, but from what I gathered last night, she is waiting for the Feds to get done with their investigation. And the Feds are turning over every stone to see if Martins civil right where violated....I don't know if is a closed case as of yet. All the talking heads are saying there is nothing there, but I will have hope they find something.
    JohnMichael likes this.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

  9. #159
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Living in prisons of our own creation

    He still has other trials ahead.
    The beauty of a civil trial for, say, Wrongful Death, is that the case doesn't have to be proven "beyond reasonable doubt", only on the balance of probabilities. (Ask O.J. Simpson about this.) Presumably the Martin's don't have to worry about paying because they can probably find a lawyer who will take the case on a conditional fee basis, i.e. a percentage of the actual award -- so it's Zimmerman's ability to pay more than the Martins' which is relevant.

  10. #160
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Is everything alright?



    I am sure France got their own baggage to deal with

    I have traveled half way around the world and what you find out when traveling is that poeple are the same all over the world. Like when Richard Pryor said after visiting Africa:"And you realize that people are the same all over the world. Because people in Africa screw over your luggage just like people in New York.


    Smokey thanks for asking. This should be a happy time for me as we approach marriage equality. On the other hand women are losing their rights to choose what is best for themselves. Planned Parenthood is being defunded when many poor and uninsured women need them for cancer diagnosis and treatment, birth control and yearly testing. Money is being taken from food stamp programs and given as subsidies. We have a House that is more concerned about making our President look bad than getting any work done. We have so much gun violence but gun sales are at an all time high so no one who receives funding from the gun lobby wants to do anything.

    We call ourselves a Christian nation but we do not want to feed the poor. We do not want universal health care. We do not want our mothers, sisters and daughters to receive the care they need. We have the death penalty and have laws that allow people to claim fear for an excuse to kill one of God's creations a 17 year old black boy.

    Pat Robertson wants a vomit button if he sees two men kissing but I think he would "like" an image of two men fighting to the death. Why is violence more accepted than affection? As we progress towards marriage equality in my area there has been a rise in hate crimes. Why do they think they can beat us straight.

    Bullying is still a problem and all the young people who think things will not get better end their lives. Sweet wonderful children who have done nothing but be different and are taunted and abused until they think so little of themselves.

    In this thread when I read people who deny another's pain when they explain their reaction to a word. Oh no it only means this but if it has been used against you it has a different meaning and feeling. So few people are willing to walk in another man's shoes. Some pick sides by who is closest in skin color.

    Then we have the punishing of the poor and the voting rights issues. We are the first country to complain if another does not have a democratic election but we change voting hours, send out misinformation about polling places or just make it physically impossible to get there as they did in Alaska.

    Smokey there is much to be sad about and much of which we should be ashamed.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  11. #161
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Smokey there is much to be sad about and much of which we should be ashamed.
    You can't solve all the world's problems. There is always going to be negetivity no matter if it was 100 years ago or 100 years in the future. Its human's self interest (whether its coming from religion, politics, race, country, money or power) that causing all the world problems. Its always "Me First".

    But at same time you also have to think positive and count the blessing for what you have (most important being your health).

    When you think of all problems poeple around world have to deal such as war and killing, hunger, no home, oppression, violence and terror, then you don't think of some of social issues as such an overwhelming problems

  12. #162
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Posts
    4,659
    Maybe somebody would be happier in France where everythig is so peachy keen.

  13. #163
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Maybe somebody would be happier in France where everythig is so peachy keen.

    You are a mean spirited a$$hole. I thought you were going away. Need some help?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  14. #164
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Posts
    4,659
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    You are a mean spirited a$$hole. I thought you were going away. Need some help?
    I could't resist.

    I've never seen anyone with so many complaints about their life or their country. How do you even manage to get out of bed every day.

    If you're really, really that discontent with this country then do yourself, and the rest of us here, a favor and go someplace else were you'll be happier.

    Either that, or get psychological help before you do yourself, or anyone else, physical harm. You've got serious anger issues and use this forum as your vent.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •