Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    (Mike opens the door slowly and slips onto the couch unnoticed)
    Hey LJ, got anymore popcorn?
    Move over Mikey, and pass the popcorn and coke. Oh...fasten those seatbelts!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Your words, here and in the past, tell a different story. But assuming that what you say is true...your problem is with only one or two people...then let me just say that when you put down a whole country based on the opinion of one or two people it makes you look bigoted and ignorant. I'm not saying that you are either of these things. I'm just saying how you appear in case you'd like to work on some self-improvement.
    There's a contradiction implicit here. On the one hand Markw wants the USA to be recognized as a world leader. But craving that recognition, he overlooks that with the recognition inevidably comes scrutiny.

How come Americans don't seem to criticize Canadians as much as vice versa? See above; also, most Americans never give Canada a second thought.
    Last edited by Feanor; 04-27-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    There's a contradiction implicit here. On the one hand Markw wants the USA to be recognized as a world leader. But craving that recognition, he overlooks that with the recognition inevidably comes scrutiny.

How come Americans don't seem to criticize Canadians as much as vice versa? See above; also, most Americans never give Canada a second thought.
    Why should we give it a second thought? Nothing really going on up there, is there? Otherwise why should our comings and goings bother you so? Haven't you got your own life, destiny, and identity?

Scrutiny is one thing and we're big enough to handle that. But, it seems that (some of) our neighbors from the north seem to get their jollies by trying to denigrate us at every point. This is even more strange in that they seem to have totally been enveloped by our culture and seem to have no problems living that life. Now, why don't you see what you can do to augment to it instead of totally trying to become us? I mean, let's be real. Aside from Quebec, canada might as well be the US.

Why don't we bother criticizing canada? I guess being the main go-to guy of the free world we have bigger issues to worry about than trying to drag down our neighbors. But, if schadenfreude is a major portion of your culture, then have at it, eh?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Move over Mikey, and pass the popcorn and coke. Oh...fasten those seatbelts!
    Sorry, no Coke. Got some beer though, and coffee is almost ready. Would ya like a brew of one kind or another?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Why should we give it a second thought? Nothing really going on up there, is there? Otherwise why should our comings and goings bother you so? Haven't you got your own life, destiny, and identity?
    Really it is all just North America with an invisible line called a border where they can hassle people. If the US was not here, Canada wouldn't exist either since they could never defend themselves without us.

Rough crowd.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Rough crowd.
    I'm bailing, GM. I can hancle the roughness but I haven't patience for the "Shut up and be grateful" line of argument from American chauvinists.

I'm bailing, GM. I can hancle the roughness but I haven't patience for the "Shut up and be grateful" line of argument from American chauvinists.

But....
    But.....
    But I'm a nice American chauvinists.

Suspended
    Feanor, God is the same today as He was in the beginning. He first communicated with patriarchs of the families, then the Jews received the Law, commonly referred to as the Ten Commandments but the law was much more vast and then the New Testament or Covenant with God in which He communicates through His word. The NT has warning of the same vengeance, it just hasn't come to pass yet. So there's still time for you.

Hyfi, the Bible does not contradict itself. It's just those who are enemies of it and ignorant of it's content who twist words to slander it. The "Four Gospels" are in harmony. They were written by four different men to four different audiences. So one text may emphasize a point more or elaborate more on an issue. The men who wrote the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit which fell upon them on the day of Pentecost. Jesus told the apostles He would send them a "helper" referring to the Holy Spirit. One of the gifts was ready recall of the things Christ taught them.

It's true that you can go to 10 different churches and receive 10 different interpretations. In fact, if you look hard enough you'd find just the right church that allows you to do whatever fits you. That is not God's fault nor the Bible. It's the fault of those who don't accept God's authority and His word in it's entirety. As one visits these various churches, it's their responsibility to look into the Bible to see if they follow the pattern written within, if not, then you are in the wrong place. The NT states the road to salvation is narrow and the road to destruction is wide. If the NT was all about only one thing as Feanor stated then it would be only one road for every one and we could do what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody

Hyfi, the Bible does not contradict itself. It's just those who are enemies of it and ignorant of it's content who twist words to slander it. The "Four Gospels" are in harmony. They were written by four different men to four different audiences. So one text may emphasize a point more or elaborate more on an issue. The men who wrote the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit which fell upon them on the day of Pentecost. Jesus told the apostles He would send them a "helper" referring to the Holy Spirit. One of the gifts was ready recall of the things Christ taught them.

A good book I read recently on the subject of the gospels and also the early history (1-600 CE) is the following. The author discusses at length the relative content, consistency, and historical context of the gospels, Letters of Paul, and Acts of the Apostles ...

Charles Freeman: A New History of Early Christianity

... see Amazon.com

Note that reviews of this book are across the spectrum -- I tend to feel is is a very informative read, and other people are quite indignant.
    Last edited by Feanor; 04-28-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Suspended
    A good book I read recently on the subject of the gospels and also the early history (1-600 CE) is the following. The author discusses at length the relative content, consistency, and historical context of the gospels, Letters of Paul, and Acts of the Apostles ...

Charles Freeman: A New History of Early Christianity

... see Amazon.com

Note that reviews of this book are across the spectrum -- I tend to feel is is a very informative read, and other people are quite indignant.
    All one has to do is Google "Contradictions in the Bible" or "Contradictions of the four Gospels" to learn all one needs. I got 190,000 hits on the latter.

Nuf said.

Edit:

Mr P-

Mat 28 - 28:8 So 10 they left the tomb quickly, with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.

Mark 16 - 16:8 Then 7 they went out and ran from the tomb, for terror and bewilderment had seized them. 8 And they said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

So which one is it and how come the divine blessing of recalling everything exactly as it happened and was said didn't help out too well here?

That is just one easy one to see. Thousands more available on demand.
    Last edited by Hyfi; 04-28-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Question everything and do not drink from the communal kool-aid vat.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Question everything and do not drink from the communal kool-aid vat.
    That's not Kool-aid my friend. But you sure are right about not drinking it.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Feanor, God is the same today as He was in the beginning. He first communicated with patriarchs of the families, then the Jews received the Law, commonly referred to as the Ten Commandments but the law was much more vast and then the New Testament or Covenant with God in which He communicates through His word. The NT has warning of the same vengeance, it just hasn't come to pass yet. So there's still time for you.
    LOL! That was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    LOL! That was funny!

Almost as funny as his judging me a Sad Excuse of Humanity.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I think I missed something. I know that's not true. John, everything that I know of you shows me that you exemplify humanity.

Isn't it amazing that some can quote scripture, but rarely live by it. I love the do as I say, but not as I do angle....runs kind of rampant in religious circles.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

You will be surprised at how differently God judges you than how man does. The Bible does say "“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

God thinks very differently about you JM, he looks at your heart, while man is judging your exterior". Don't blame God for the stupidity of man, and the twisting of his words by man.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

An odd thing happened while I was still working at the hospital. A new employee approached me and asked if I believed in God and at the time I said yes. She said she wanted to talk to me and I thought I was once again going to hear about my future if I did not change my ways. She began to tell me that in her dreams she was walking the halls of the hospital along with Jesus. He wanted to tell her that "I had a lot of pain in my life but I still had a precious heart". After that day she never returned to work.

SirT you are correct. I would rather receive my messages from Jesus than my fellow human.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Don't blame God for the stupidity of man, and the twisting of his words by man.
    That is very much true. When you hear preacher[s] saying that only way to heaven is thru Jesus Christ-although knowing well that half of world population don't believe in Christ, you know there is something wrong.

Suspended
    Hyfi, you peaked my curiosity but Matt 28 does not have a verse 28 and Mark 16:16 does not match what you wrote, 15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons;

JohnMichael, I must have done well because you seem quite proud of your title. And, the comment was made based on actions you commited against me so don't lead folks here to believe it was based on anything else.

Suspended
    Smokey, not you too? When the Bible says your entry into heaven is through Christ what do you expect the preacher to say? He isn't going to change the message because some one is a Muslim, no more than they'd change their message because I'm a Christian. The Bible says, "through Christ" because He died for you, me, and all mankind. You either believe it or not.

Smokey, not you too? When the Bible says your entry into heaven is through Christ what do you expect the preacher to say? He isn't going to change the message because some one is a Muslim, no more than they'd change their message because I'm a Christian.
    That is exactly my point. God dosen't care if you are Christian, Muslim, Jew or Buddhist to get to heaven if you done good, so why such an exclusion from either religion. That is the part that puzzle me.

JohnMichael, I must have done well because you seem quite proud of your title. And, the comment was made based on actions you commited against me so don't lead folks here to believe it was based on anything else.

What actions against you? I have never met you or been in close proximity to perform an action against you. I may have disagreed in print with you. Get down off the cross someone else could use the wood.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I wonder what he word for "gun" is in, say, Mandarin Chinese or Farsi?

I'd imagine that the word for "Jesus" might be different too.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information