Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    1) God created all MANKIND (err Humankind - God wasn't much for woman or inclusion apparently)

It appears you are saying God was not for a woman.

2) that means God created GAY men.

You attribute to God something thats not true.

3) But the religious whack-a-doodles can't accept that FACT because that would mean God deliberately created Gay men and therefore it can't be sinful.

You fail to see every one on this planet is sinful...straight and gay.

4)Rather than simply admit that the ordinary humans on earth who wrote the bible made a mistake in interpretation or lost in translation - they instead decide to stare the FACTS straight in the face and say - science is always wrong and must be the work of the devil.

This last remark is totally stupid...you dont even realise what you are saying.

#2)

What? Who created Men and Women?
    Answer: God.

Homosexuality is 100% BORN IN - NOT a choice - 100% FACT. See biology - the bane of religious nutwings. They are born gay which means they were "created" Gay which means that God created Gay men.

I am not as up on my biology because I took those courses in the mid 90s. At that time they could not conclusively prove that Lesbians were born that way - meaning they could not measure parts of the brain to be able to distinguish if you're gay or straight - they could and can in men. They may be able to do this with women as 15 years is a long time. But these irrifutable facts with Gay men have been around for 20 years. And yet still the nutwings call it a choice.

#3 This is one part of the bible that is just plain STUPID in every logical facet of the term. It is through ones actions and actions ALONE that someone is "evil" or "sinful" if I must use the word.

#4) God didn't write the Bible - man did. Just like L Ron Hubbard wrote science fiction and found more money writing a religion. The single greatest money making scheme going is to create a cult of worshipers who hand their money over to a self proclaimed messenger of God. Promise people heaven just do what we tell you to do and you will have this great afterlife in death. Bwahahaha - what a great scam - I hate religion but I have to hand it to the people who manage to sucker in massive amounts of people.

At least L Ron Hubbard was somewhat original in the nutty things. Christianity lifted most of the rubbish from previous out of date religions. Born of the virgin (plagiarism) being killed by people to be resurrected later - (plagiarism), the burning bush (plagiarism), magical feats (plagiarism).

And that's the entire problem with the any argument made about religion - there is no point in talking about parts of the bible since it's made up bogus garbage - and anything it has to say about anything is no better or deeper than what a science fiction writer has to say. If you lived your life like Captain Picard you'd be a far more moral ethical and quality individual than following the teachings of any holy book.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    If you believe we are children of god then as a child of god I am as he intended. He gave me the gift of loving a man instead of a woaman. My desires are a natural part of me as are yours. You could no more change than I could. We are as god intended us or we are biology in all it's wonderful variations.
    I would rather not get into this with you JM...or any of you guys. I have tons of respect for you guys. We see things differently on this subject.

JM...where does the bible say we are all children of God?
    where the heathens in the OT children of God? I think not. So I don't think we are all His children.

Now the bible tells us God made Adam and Eve perfect . From my understanding they where the only two. After the fall we are all missing the mark.

So what you like men....who cares, I certainly don't, and I still like you as an audio fiend. It was God who helped me get over my hatred for gay men. I once escaped a man as a young lad 6 years old who tried to molest me, and as an young adult, I was once in a high speed car chase....a car full of gay guys back in the 80's where after me and I had the peddle to the metal. So I built up hatred for gays. Until God helped me see that all gays are not alike.

I would not say God gave you the desire to love men. I have no doubt that if you say you where born that way, then you where born that way. I know other gays who say they where born that way as well. I also know guys who where molested for years and turned out that way.

I don't think the bible teaches God made anything perfect beyound creation. I believe your desires are natural.. Ever sense the fall things have been evolving to what it is today. God planted perfect seed in Adam and things happen. After the fall is when imperfection came.

If you are a believer in the God of Abraham, Moses and Israel, then you understand that God does not intend to leave any of his people in our now conditions....the bible paints a different picture.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    This thread has gotten way off track.

Can we get back to who we will go to war with next?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

I moved it to the Steel Cage many posts ago. It had already descended into madness and name calling. I doubt if there is any saving it now
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

So what you like men....who cares, I certainly don't, and I still like you as an audio fiend. It was God who helped me get over my hatred for gay men. I once escaped a man as a young lad 6 years old who tried to molest me, and as an young adult, I was once in a high speed car chase....a car full of gay guys back in the 80's where after me and I had the peddle to the metal. So I built up hatred for gays. Until God helped me see that all gays are not alike.

I would not say God gave you the desire to love men. I have no doubt that if you say you where born that way, then you where born that way. I know other gays who say they where born that way as well. I also know guys who where molested for years and turned out that way.

I am sorry to hear a pedophile not a gay man tried to molest you when you were 6. Peophillia is considered abnormal behavior caused by the abuser's early abuse. The damage to the normal development of the person is what causes someone to become a pedophile. The fact that he was the same sex as you does not make him gay since many pedophiles molest children based more on availability than on orientation. Studies have shown that 93% of pedophiles are heterosexual. Pedophiles are created and gay men are born that way.

I am also sorry to hear you were chased by a car full of gay men. I live in a small city surrounded by a very rural area and each night leaving the bar I had to drive like hell to get away from a car full of haters. I always drove small cars so I could navigate the back alleys and areas where their pick-up trucks and large cars did not do as well. When I think of all that was done to me I could easily develop a hate for straight men. As it is I need only be leery of them.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I know we've long left war and the economy but I can't pass on this opportunity to soap box again. Interesting read from USA Today of all places...

Why not drop money out of a helicopter?

The closing paragraph
    "The Great Recession, with its long period of extended high unemployment rates, has caused unnecessary economic hardship for millions. Remarkably, there's a simple way to help people and improve the economy. Even more remarkably, we aren't doing it."

We shouldn't let the hyperventilation about budget deficits distract us from jobs. Should we be propping up the mortgage industry or should "the Fed ... finance increased government spending on such things as infrastructure and education, leading to more construction workers and teachers being hired without any need to increase borrowing or taxes. "

Pretty easy call in my book. If we want recovery, if we want future growth, we should be dropping money to create the jobs to make it happen.
    TCA ATT GGA

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    And, a lot easier than going to war to spur the economy. Not that Romney is interested in helping the economy...

I'll blame the far right and/or the Tea Party for the lunacy and distractions and obstructions that have kept the Gov't from doing what we should be doing...
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 09-28-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    TCA ATT GGA

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    And, a lot easier than going to war to spur the economy. Not that Romney is interested in helping the economy...

I'll blame the far right and/or the Tea Party for the lunacy and distractions and obstructions that have kept the Gov't from doing what we should be doing...

I will also lay blame on the Tea Party.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

Hey I'm with you on this talking.....religion will divide more so than politics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

well dropping money might be a lot easier than war....especially they way they blocked the vote for the veterans....who wants to serve with the treatment those guys get during and after they've severed.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

Frenchy, I had a uncle that tried it with me when I was a kid. It didn't make me hate gays, but it did make me dislike him. When I got into my teens, I punched him in the face. Didn't change anything, but it sure made me feel better.

I have seven college partners who I am extremely tight with(we act more like brothers than friends). Three of them are gay, one is bi, and the rest of us are straight. My gay friends taught me to just be cool around other gay guys, and except them as a person sans sexuality. It was great advice, as I was already comfortable in my own skin, and didn't mind being around a lot of gay guys. One thing I learned from my experience around gay guys. If they try and pick up on you, then you are probably pretty damn hot- cause they just don't chase just anything. Living here in the bay area, I get quite a few gay guys trying to pick up on me, so does that mean I am hot JM? LOLOLOL.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Frenchy, I had a uncle that tried it with me when I was a kid. It didn't make me hate gays, but it did make me dislike him. When I got into my teens, I punched him in the face. Didn't change anything, but it sure made me feel better.

I have seven college partners who I am extremely tight with(we act more like brothers than friends). Three of them are gay, one is bi, and the rest of us are straight. My gay friends taught me to just be cool around other gay guys, and except them as a person sans sexuality. It was great advice, as I was already comfortable in my own skin, and didn't mind being around a lot of gay guys. One thing I learned from my experience around gay guys. If they try and pick up on you, then you are probably pretty damn hot- cause they just don't chase just anything. Living here in the bay area, I get quite a few gay guys trying to pick up on me, so does that mean I am hot JM? LOLOLOL.

I have never met you but how you have described yourself, your acceptance of others, your love of animals and how you carry yourself, hell yes you are hot!
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post

I hated gays up util I was 29. What happened was I was at church and I asked a young lady if the choir director is gay. Next thing I know...3 days later I get a phone call from the choir director. He asked why I wanted to know. I told him he seemed like it to me. He asked if I wanted to talk about it. I never thought he ment now, but I said yeah, lets talk about why you are gay. Next thing I know abount and hour later he is at my front door. (church directory address book). I think he thought I was interested, Well we talked about it, and long story short, he was malested by an uncle over and over again. The guy started crying in my apartment. At that moment I actually felt sorry for him. I think later he got ADS and is on medication...the word is he has ADS. Mind you this was a long time ago.... He would call me up on acassion to see if I could fetch his medication from the store. The guys skin tone was much darker than usual. Dont know if that is a side effect of ADS or the drugs or what.

When I moved from North Carolina to St. Louis back in 2008, I took and IT job and there is this one gay guy named Bennett. This guy aint trying to hide nothing....I mean he goes out of his way to let you know he is gay. Now the guy at church was black, Bennett is white. Well if you know me and saw me on a daily basis, you would see I am very out going....I get alone with every body even gays by this time having gotten over my homophonbia. Well Bennett was sitting next to my desk this particulor day and said "hey...show me yours and I will show you mine". Pissed me off big time. I went off on the dude. He remarked calm down, I was just kidding. As time went on Bennett was the kinda person you learned to hate. Example: If he saw you going into the break room for something he would ask if you would bring him things back, and if you would say, "do it your self" he would say stuff like, "if you dont bring it, I will tell you in graphic detail what two men do together. Bennett was disgustiing.

But we did have a little fun at Bennetts expense. I worked the night shift at that company. We also had some hot girls who worked there as well. There was this one hot girl about 25 years old....all she had to do was monitor a few networks to make sure they would not go down, and if so find the error and bring it back up. Well on that shift neteworks hardly went down so she spent a lot of times sleep at her desk. Now on that shift you could dress any way you pleased. We this particular night it was summer time and hot as hell. This young hot looking girl was sleep. She woke up to go to the rest room and started walking towards the door. she had on a very thin top and you could see her nipples where hard about an inch long and her short shorts where all in her crack from front to back. All the guys where looking at her like she was the last women on earth. As she got up to go to the rest room, Bennett got up as well. He did not bat an eye as he walked behind her. Well when Bennett got back from the restroom we asked him about the hot girl with hard nipples and her shorts all up in her crack and did it do anything for him...he was in disgust as if it was a fly on dodo. Said that does nothing for him....we teasted him until his shift was over. Boy we had fun that night.

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Number 1 I was being flippant. The term Mankind is not PC any longer - like much in holy texts - there was hardly any forward thinking in them

#2)

What? Who created Men and Women?
    Answer: God.

Homosexuality is 100% BORN IN - NOT a choice - 100% FACT. See biology - the bane of religious nutwings. They are born gay which means they were "created" Gay which means that God created Gay men.

I am not as up on my biology because I took those courses in the mid 90s. At that time they could not conclusively prove that Lesbians were born that way - meaning they could not measure parts of the brain to be able to distinguish if you're gay or straight - they could and can in men. They may be able to do this with women as 15 years is a long time. But these irrifutable facts with Gay men have been around for 20 years. And yet still the nutwings call it a choice.

#3 This is one part of the bible that is just plain STUPID in every logical facet of the term. It is through ones actions and actions ALONE that someone is "evil" or "sinful" if I must use the word.

#4) God didn't write the Bible - man did. Just like L Ron Hubbard wrote science fiction and found more money writing a religion. The single greatest money making scheme going is to create a cult of worshipers who hand their money over to a self proclaimed messenger of God. Promise people heaven just do what we tell you to do and you will have this great afterlife in death. Bwahahaha - what a great scam - I hate religion but I have to hand it to the people who manage to sucker in massive amounts of people.

At least L Ron Hubbard was somewhat original in the nutty things. Christianity lifted most of the rubbish from previous out of date religions. Born of the virgin (plagiarism) being killed by people to be resurrected later - (plagiarism), the burning bush (plagiarism), magical feats (plagiarism).

And that's the entire problem with the any argument made about religion - there is no point in talking about parts of the bible since it's made up bogus garbage - and anything it has to say about anything is no better or deeper than what a science fiction writer has to say. If you lived your life like Captain Picard you'd be a far more moral ethical and quality individual than following the teachings of any holy book.

RGA...do you really want me to respond to the above? AOr, could you care less?

I hated gays up util I was 29. What happened was I was at church and I asked a young lady if the choir director is gay. Next thing I know...3 days later I get a phone call from the choir director. He asked why I wanted to know. I told him he seemed like it to me. He asked if I wanted to talk about it. I never thought he ment now, but I said yeah, lets talk about why you are gay. Next thing I know abount and hour later he is at my front door. (church directory address book). I think he thought I was interested, Well we talked about it, and long story short, he was malested by an uncle over and over again. The guy started crying in my apartment. At that moment I actually felt sorry for him. I think later he got ADS and is on medication...the word is he has ADS. Mind you this was a long time ago.... He would call me up on acassion to see if I could fetch his medication from the store. The guys skin tone was much darker than usual. Dont know if that is a side effect of ADS or the drugs or what.

When I moved from North Carolina to St. Louis back in 2008, I took and IT job and there is this one gay guy named Bennett. This guy aint trying to hide nothing....I mean he goes out of his way to let you know he is gay. Now the guy at church was black, Bennett is white. Well if you know me and saw me on a daily basis, you would see I am very out going....I get alone with every body even gays by this time having gotten over my homophonbia. Well Bennett was sitting next to my desk this particulor day and said "hey...show me yours and I will show you mine". Pissed me off big time. I went off on the dude. He remarked calm down, I was just kidding. As time went on Bennett was the kinda person you learned to hate. Example: If he saw you going into the break room for something he would ask if you would bring him things back, and if you would say, "do it your self" he would say stuff like, "if you dont bring it, I will tell you in graphic detail what two men do together. Bennett was disgustiing.

But we did have a little fun at Bennetts expense. I worked the night shift at that company. We also had some hot girls who worked there as well. There was this one hot girl about 25 years old....all she had to do was monitor a few networks to make sure they would not go down, and if so find the error and bring it back up. Well on that shift neteworks hardly went down so she spent a lot of times sleep at her desk. Now on that shift you could dress any way you pleased. We this particular night it was summer time and hot as hell. This young hot looking girl was sleep. She woke up to go to the rest room and started walking towards the door. she had on a very thin top and you could see her nipples where hard about an inch long and her short shorts where all in her crack from front to back. All the guys where looking at her like she was the last women on earth. As she got up to go to the rest room, Bennett got up as well. He did not bat an eye as he walked behind her. Well when Bennett got back from the restroom we asked him about the hot girl with hard nipples and her shorts all up in her crack and did it do anything for him...he was in disgust as if it was a fly on dodo. Said that does nothing for him....we teasted him until his shift was over. Boy we had fun that night.

I am surprised that you have not met many decent gay guys since we are the norm. The gentleman who was out at work was probably on the defensive from prejudice he has had to endure. I also wonder if he did not threaten to tell you about what two men do together because he enjoyed your reaction. I walked into the locker room at work and a guy shoved a picture of a nude spread woman in my face. I find straight men can also be disgusting. Oh and the way the young woman was described and objectified is not better behavior than the gay guy's behaviors.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I am surprised that you have not met many decent gay guys since we are the norm. The gentleman who was out at work was probably on the defensive from prejudice he has had to endure. I also wonder if he did not threaten to tell you about what two men do together because he enjoyed your reaction. I walked into the locker room at work and a guy shoved a picture of a nude spread woman in my face. I find straight men can also be disgusting. Oh and the way the young woman was described and objectified is not better behavior than the gay guy's behaviors.
    Yeah us staight guys can be crass as well. But in the case of Bennett, he initiated just about every thing. He flaunted it. He even told the straight guys about his escapades behind buildings and in alleys. He was a real piece of work.

Yeah us staight guys can be crass as well. But in the case of Bennett, he initiated just about every thing. He flaunted it. He even told the straight guys about his escapades behind buildings and in alleys. He was a real piece of work.

I think you have missed or ignored many of my points. I think you are still uncomfortable or even have some hate going on. This saddens me.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Frenchmon

No need to respond - I won't believe in God and you won't believe he's not there. So may as well leave it at that.

Others:

Homophobia I always felt was kinda dumb - said it before and I'll say it again - the more gay men the better. As a single heterosexual guy anything that reduces my competition with women is a GOOD thing LOL. I have a much better chance with the ladies if my competition for the ladies are gay. :-) especially the good looking ones.

When I mentioned this to the knuckle dragging homophobics I could see the little light (albeit 12ax7 bright) go on and the wheel turn in their head that hey that makes sense. Now if I could turn hot lesbians straight (or at least bi) then I would be much happier.

The issue always comes down to intolerance. And that usually comes from religion. You say "but RGA you are intolerant of religion" and that is true to the extent of conversation and debate. I will slam religion all day long but I am not going to go out and beat a Christian with a baseball bat because he believes in God - unlike Christians who beat black people for wanting equal rights and homosexuals for liking same sex.

And the reason that those Christians are out killing people is because they believe what their pastor/priest/holy book/father/nun or whatever nut in dress-up tells them. They believe in doing what God wills and what God wills is to purge the earth of evil doers (sinners). The issue is they want to control the country based on their false unprovable no science backing (not by any credible scientists from REAL non Pat Robertson religious based universities (which are all worthless).

These tea bagging whackjobs keep talking about the sanctity of marriage (marriage was around longer than Christianity but it requires them to read more than one book their whole life. Sanctity of marriage?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think you have missed or ignored many of my points. I think you are still uncomfortable or even have some hate going on. This saddens me.
    JM...kindly point out what I failed to answer.

Have I showed contempt for you? Been hostile towards you? I've known you where gay for years now and have never treated you indifferent have I ?

I have no problem with gays, but I'm curious now....what gives you the impression other wise to the point it saddens you?

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Frenchmon

No need to respond - I won't believe in God and you won't believe he's not there. So may as well leave it at that.

Others:

Homophobia I always felt was kinda dumb - said it before and I'll say it again - the more gay men the better. As a single heterosexual guy anything that reduces my competition with women is a GOOD thing LOL. I have a much better chance with the ladies if my competition for the ladies are gay. :-) especially the good looking ones.

When I mentioned this to the knuckle dragging homophobics I could see the little light (albeit 12ax7 bright) go on and the wheel turn in their head that hey that makes sense. Now if I could turn hot lesbians straight (or at least bi) then I would be much happier.

The issue always comes down to intolerance. And that usually comes from religion. You say "but RGA you are intolerant of religion" and that is true to the extent of conversation and debate. I will slam religion all day long but I am not going to go out and beat a Christian with a baseball bat because he believes in God - unlike Christians who beat black people for wanting equal rights and homosexuals for liking same sex.

And the reason that those Christians are out killing people is because they believe what their pastor/priest/holy book/father/nun or whatever nut in dress-up tells them. They believe in doing what God wills and what God wills is to purge the earth of evil doers (sinners). The issue is they want to control the country based on their false unprovable no science backing (not by any credible scientists from REAL non Pat Robertson religious based universities (which are all worthless).

These tea bagging whackjobs keep talking about the sanctity of marriage (marriage was around longer than Christianity but it requires them to read more than one book their whole life. Sanctity of marriage?

You know RGA....I'm starting to see you as the real hater here. Your miss understandings about christianity has really twisted the truth about what the bible teaches. You say some of the silliest stuff with out regard for the cultures, times, biblical languages, and context of the events I've ever heard. Just because some body says they are a Christian but yet does the things you say, Don't make that person a Christian in the sense of what a real Christian is. No need to write long lengthy post defending your self because the things you write on this subject is just stupid and immature in the context of biblical studies. It almost like you where hurt one time or another by it, and now you are lashing out against it. Stick to audio and you will get my attention, but I've seen enough of your rambling on matters of faith and Christianity to know you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You guys amuse me. Keep up the good work.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    It's actually not. Read the King James Bible Literally. Then come back to me. You either read it ALL as fable or you read it ALL as literal. If it's literal then the high number of slaughters through history in the name of the good book is completely acceptable. What you get is the "feelgood" heavily filtered version the priests dole out. No question that the filtered version I much prefer since I'd be dead now because I'm an Atheist.

Frankly I am not "up" on the bible as I was because I was too busy chuckling over the idiocy and factually wrong bits like Adam and Eve and Noah and the Arc that I tip my hat to those who can stand on a pulpit and not have to pay taxes and suck people for endless sums of cash to buy their private jets and not once sneak a chortle at the stuff they're putting in the kool-aid jar.

Yes there are plenty of people who hide behind religion but plenty of people act based on those texts - those words are IN the Bible and if one takes them literally then you get violence. The very fact that people believe in God based upon man written books like the Bible suggests that they are taking some of the Bible literally since there is zero evidence/proof there is a God then people are believing in this based on writing in a book - so why not also believe that Blacks and Gays are inferior.

Every social morally bankrupt debate in North America forces the sane secular part to pull the right wing religious conservatives into the 21st century. Equal rights for women - every left leaning democrat was for that - religious right fought against it - women after all are "lesser" and where did these tools get this info from - the Bible and their priest.

Rock music and Dancing are against God - WTF?

Gay rights - well it's still a battle in many places and once again it's the religious right who are always Anti-this or Anti-that except usually the this and that are the morally ethically correct things.

It's the religious right who opposed civil rights

It's the religious right against virtually any social program geared to HELP PEOPLE!! You know free medical care - no that is me helping someone so we can;t have that now can we.

It;s the religious right who are against the VETs, Medicare, Stem Cell Research, Evolution, Global Warming, and general critical thinking of any kind. It is religion that has people fly planes into buildings because they TRULY BELIEVE that they will be rewarded by their GOD. If they had a brain and didn;t believe that crap they would not fly into a building. Timothy McVeigh?

Certainly there are evil people without religion - for some their religion is power or money or political belief system - Mao, Stalin. But they don't ACT in the name of Atheism or non belief they act because they're greedy bastards or borderline insane to just insane.

The saying holds true - "good people do good things. Evil people do evil things, but for an otherwise good person to do something evil - that takes religion." (not direct quote but you've seen it).

Psychological experiments have proven this. A "group think" mentality can often yield passive minds to follow an evil act. Most of us saw this at school - some kid is picking on a smaller kid and otherwise "good" people just stand and watch the littler kid get his brains beat in. The Jehovah Witness believe blood transfusions are evil (or some nonsense) so they'll let their kid die for that "wrong" belief. Good people doing something patently evil (in ignorance but still evil) by not saving their child.

Killing abortion doctors because they're pro-life. They don't see the hypocrisy. Read the God Delusion which is about as Layman as the subject gets. Question your belief and think about all aspects of why you believe in God/religion and bibles. In almost every case it is some sort of a crutch to make you accept yourself better or make your life happier. (Two good results of course but IMO it's based on fallacy and wishful thinking/hoping).

Most people always look at "other" religions very critically and laugh at how dumb they are "Scientology" "Mormonism" but rarely look at their own religions from the same critical eye. Framing Christianity in an outside observer fashion and it's pretty much just as crazy at its core as Christianity. You've got the Westboro baptist church. You can write them off as nutty but they read the bible and there are a LOT more crackpots out there who buy into what they have to say.

Religion is intolerant to Gay people - it's complete dishonesty to curtail any equal rights while saying "God loves you" - it's such BS.

Westboro is an extreme version but it's deep seeded in the mentality that Chritianity preaches - which is "think like we do" "believe like we tell you" or you're "lesser" - lesser in that "you're going to hell while I'm going to heaven"

God Hates America - YouTube

Frankly Richard Dawkins is absolutely right - the kids in the above video are being brainwashed and damaged by their parents - it's child abuse.

And this is just plain shocking Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Church - YouTube

Suspended
    ^^^^
    Good post except the Bible was never intended to be taken literally as it is all correspondences and by saying one thing, it really means something else. It would have been great if Swedenborg was able to translate more than the first several books of the OT but just reading his Arcana Celestia and then finding the same passages in the NT one can clearly see what I am saying, and also get a better understanding of what they are reading.

If you want to go as far as saying that the book is God's Word, then you have to say that EVERY book ever written is God's Word because we are all a part of him if you are a christian.

Anyway, lots of Hippocratic in religion.
    Killing Abortion Doctors is at the top of the list.
    Killing people who would not convert
    Killing Muslims way back

Notice that reoccurring word?

Killing in the name of religion makes no sense and an All Loving God that will judge you in the end makes no sense and a God that loves everyone but hates Gays makes no sense........

If he made us all in his own image, then God is Gay and Straight and whatever other label you want to use because no matter what you believe, we are all one. There is only one root energy source and source of creation however you want to slice it up and argue about it.

fable or literal..lol! Thanks for proving my point. I'll read your commentary on politics and audio RGA, but matters of the bible, I'll pass. Have a good day.

fable or literal..lol! Thanks for proving my point. I'll read your commentary on politics and audio RGA, but matters of the bible, I'll pass. Have a good day.

Remember christianity is only one of the world's religions. We also have the pagan beliefs. We have those with no beliefs and not one person can prove they have the true way. You only believe what your church teaches and many teachers have been wrong. Of course if it brings you comfort believe what you will.

The bible was written by man and often hundreds of years after the actual event. Did it literally rain for 40 days and 40 nights or just long enough to cover that are of the earth. Did god create the earth in 7 days or in an amount of time beyond our understanding that man called days. Did Jesus fast for 40 days or long enough to receive an answer? 7 and 40 are used throughout the bible symbolically and were never meant to be taken literally. To know the bible you need to know it's history and how it developed and became the book it is.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information