• 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    And why do Christians think their religion is the only right one? That disrespects ALL other religions.

That is not exclusive to christianity as followers of other religions do the same thing. Jews say they are the chosen people and Muslims say they are the true believers. So who you are going to believe :)

Quote:

All religions are just different pathways to the same end, a glorious afterlife or whatever one chooses to believe.
    One really don't need [organized] religion beliefs to get to heaven as you will be judged by your actions, not your beliefs.
  • 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    That is not exclusive to christianity as followers of other religions do the same thing. Jews say they are the chosen people and Muslims say they are the true believers. So who you are going to believe :)

One really don't need [organized] religion beliefs to get to heaven as you will be judged by your actions, not your beliefs.

Preaching to the choir on both points, Smokey. I don't believe any of them but was just making a point because disrespect was pointed at me by a hypocrite who by being one, disses the others by the belief they have.
  • 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Preaching to the choir on both points, Smokey. I don't believe any of them but was just making a point because disrespect was pointed at me by a hypocrite who by being one, disses the others by the belief they have.

Excuse me fool, but I have not criticized anyone for not believing in God. I don't do that, it is not how I roll. But you were dissing religions, a profound personal thing that in the end disses the person that do believe in God(whoever that is for the individual) So your weak attempts at deflecting are rebuffed.

Nobody disrespected you, you did that to yourself by negatively commenting on peoples religion. That was stupid, but not above you at all.

Sometimes the wisdom if discussing personal ideaology is stronger than the right to do so. I am sorry you are too stupid to see this.
  • 10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I can take a lot of heat without wilting ...

On the other hand, you, I, and various other people here would do well to emulate that relentlessly gracious & gentlemanly, some-time member, Bernd.

And you can't start the process by using wisdom by discontining your participation in this discussion. You are disrespecting others, and those others are losing respect for you.

You are talking out of two sides of your mouth here.
  • 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    And you can't start the process by using wisdom by discontining your participation in this discussion. You are disrespecting others, and those others are losing respect for you. ...

I have had occasion to defer to you, to agree with you, and to disagree with you. You are content when I do the former but accuse me (and others) of disrespecting you when we do the last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    You are talking out of two sides of your mouth here.

So it might seem, but life is, in fact, complicated.
  • 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM
    Florian
    Quote:

Excuse me fool
    ¨
    and

Quote:

Nobody disrespected you
    Bless you Sir, its a classic :21:
  • 10-16-2012, 03:02 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    ¨

Bless you Sir, its a classic :21:

Yeah, just go back a little further and see just how many times he has called people disrespectful names, yet he has been crying the victim for pages now.

Me and Feanor may talk out both sides of our face by his judgement, but he talks completely out of his ass.

If you don't like the discussion, stay out of it and your poor wittle feewings won't get hurt.

By the way, Mods....is this the most hit thread in the last 10 years?
  • 10-16-2012, 06:10 AM
    StevenSurprenant
    Convoluted is the term that describes his thought process. It does no good telling him because he doesn't understand.
  • 10-16-2012, 07:21 AM
    Hyfi
    So let us review Sir Ritiousness better than all thru this thread

On bashing the Mormon Religion-

So based on that last statement, you Mormons are not allowed to think for yourself. God does not want Robots, but the Mormon Church does. I wouldn't last ten milliseconds in the Mormon Church, and somehow that makes me really happy.

Not much here to be so lofty over........please troll somewhere else. .

And then his deflection after insulting the Mormons-

I have no understanding of why anyone would come here, insult people because of their faith, and make any attempt to dissuade them from believing in whatever they want to by presenting the opinions of a mere man.

And another cover-

And please, don't make excuses for disrespecting others beliefs. That kind of deflection is disingenuous at best.

Don't complain about how you are treated if you are going to turn around and disrespect others beliefs. That is kind of hypocritical don't you think?.

On treating others respectfully-
    Now piss off.......

He doesn't hang out here, he spews up here.

RG=Regurgitated
    A=out of the A$$

Say take your link(and your stupid opinions), and shove it up you bum.

So, you can take all of your comments and shove them straight up your stupid(to match the rest of you) a$$.

It is interesting that stupid $hit has the same first letters as your moniker.So you think your comments have affordorded the high road. Well I guess if the curb was you high road, then you have met your standards.

On Deflection-
    You call it name calling, I call it identifying who you really are.

On Bashing Atheists-

Beware of the rantings of a psychopathic atheist?

And then deflection-

Excuse me fool, but I have not criticized anyone for not believing in God.

And the results are in-

Arggg! Sir T asking for respect when he is one of the most disrespectful people I have encountered.

There is no 'Turn the other cheek'
    There is no 'Treat others as you would have them treat you'
    There is no 'Practice what you preach'

It's only talk, Elephant Talk!

And I am supposed to be worried that he lost respect for me?

I will never be able to sleep again as I lay awake and worry about what he thinks.
  • 10-16-2012, 07:28 AM
    GMichael
    I think the steel cage is bending.
  • 10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
    markw
    "He doesn't hang out here, he spews up here."
    You got it.

That's all this site is worth anymore.

You've taken what used to be an audio site and made it a septic tank full of haters..

Proud of yourself?
  • 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw View Post
    You got it.

That's all this site is worth anymore.

You've taken what used to be an audio site and made it a septic tank full of haters..

Proud of yourself?

Same advice to you as to the Terrible Terrence: if you get all hurt & offended by a philosophical discussion of personal religiosity, don't participate -- and don't berate those who can handle it.
  • 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
    markw
    Oh, boo, fargin' hoo, old man.
    Quote:

Same advice to you as to the Terrible Terrence: if you get all hurt & offended by a philosophical discussion of personal religiosity, don't participate -- and don't berate those who can handle it.

You're just a frail old man who lives thanks to pills and will most likely be the first one to test your theory about a god or no god.

I hope you're ready to face your time like a manly man, not whining like so many others when the rubber meets the road.

Y'all are like the monkeys at the zoo: Flinging poo and jerking off so all can see because that's all you can do to express yourselves, and you're proud of it.
  • 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

You're just a frail old man who lives thanks to pills and will most likely be the first one to test your theory about a god or no god.

I hope you're ready to face your time like a manly man, not whining like so many others when the rubber meets the road.

Y'all are like the monkeys at the zoo: Flinging poo and jerking off so all can see because that's all you can do to express yourselves, and you're proud of it.

markw remains true to form. :arf:
  • 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

markw remains true to form. :arf:

Talk about a "Hater".....looks like he hates us. Another one I will surely lose sleep over....yeah right.

Mark, bend over and turn the other cheek
  • 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
    markw
    Sorry, I calls.'em like I see 'em.
    Quote:

Talk about a "Hater".....looks like he hates us. Another one I will surely lose sleep over....yeah right.

Mark, bend over and turn the other cheek

I merely pointed out the harsh realities of bills' plight.

And, nice insult there, guy. Sorry, "bending over and turning the other cheek" isn't my style.

It's nice you've decided to add yet another direction to this formerly political discussion. I'll bet JM is going to be really, really happy about that insult.

Amazing... Every time I think you've decended about as low as you can go, you manage to dig even deeper...
  • 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

And, nice insult there, guy. Sorry, "bending over and turning the other cheek" isn't my style.

It's nice you've decided to add yet another direction to this formerly political discussion. I'll bet JM is going to be really, really happy about that insult.

Amazing... Every time I think you've decended about as low as you can go, you manage to dig even deeper...

Don't worry, I can keep up with you
  • 10-16-2012, 10:37 AM
    JohnMichael
    I wish we had a Forum called the Sewer.

WARNING! WARNING!

Tomorrow 10/17/12 at 12:00 PM DEST this thread will be closed. Do not PM me but get your hate out while you have time. We as a community do not need to go any lower than we have.
  • 10-16-2012, 10:42 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Unfortunately for you, he will be going to the same exact place as you, 6 feet under or in an urn.
  • 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I wish we had a Forum called the Sewer.

WARNING! WARNING!

Tomorrow 10/17/12 at 12:00 PM DEST this thread will be closed. Do not PM me but get your hate out while you have time. We as a community do not need to go any lower than we have.

Good, should have left it closed the first time
  • 10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
    markw
    Quote:

Good, should have left it closed the first time

Funny, it was one of your posts that got it closed then, too.

Great job!
  • 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

I merely pointed out the harsh realities of bills' plight. ...

Gosh, Mark, thanks for your Christian concern. :thumbsup:

Quote:

And yet I'm not worried. Granted, I don't believe in Heaven, but then I don't believe in Hell either ... now if I were YOU, I'd be worried big time.
  • 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
    GMichael
    If everyone were to turn around and look in the distance, we might just be able to make out the line that was crossed.
  • 10-16-2012, 12:50 PM
    Florian
    For me its simple: If you believe in a god, take whats written on the books as "fact" then you Sir are an "idiot"..... Does this qualify for this thread?
  • 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM
    markw
    I'll try to close on a lighter note.
    An atheist was walking through the woods one day in the Canadian wilderness, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

Turning to look, he saw a 10-foot bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path.

He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again & the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground.

As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with it's left paw and raising its right paw to strike him....he yelled out, "OH MY GOD!"

Time stopped.......

The bear froze.......

The forest was silent............

Even the river stopped moving.

As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around,

GOD SPOKE:

"YOU DENY MY EXISTENCE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, YOU MOCK ME AND MY FOLLOWERS. YOU TEACH OTHERS THAT I DON'T EXIST AND EVEN CREDIT CREATION TO SOME COSMIC ACCIDENT. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT? "AM I TO COUNT YOU NOW AS A BELIEVER?"

Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light & said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?"

"VERY WELL," said GOD.

The light went out...

The river ran...

The sounds of the forest resumed..

And the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive, Amen."

Finally, remember the words of that great philosopher, Voltaire who once boasted, “In twenty years Christianity will be no more. My single hand shall destroy the edifice it took twelve apostles to rear.”

Some years later, Voltaire’s house was used by the Geneva Bible Society to print Bibles.

TTFN