Forum Regular

Sapphire Speakers

Has anyone any experience with Sapphire Speakers? It is apparently a new line that Tweeter is carrying. The salesman at my local Tweeter was pushing me toward them after I told him my budget for front and center speakers for a HT set up was $1500.

Forum Regular
    I have heard them as well. I thought that they were a bit bright for my taste, but that may have been because I was comparing them to some Mirage floor standers. I did like their low end. I heard that it is a start up by a couple of guys from Infinity. Here is their website:

http://www.sapphireaudio.com/

I am not too crazy buying speakers from a new company, since I will be owning them for a long time. I like to know they will still be around if I need service a couple of years down the road.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on them. Did you like them?

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the feedback Phillyguy. I am just starting to listen to speakers to add to my HT set up and this was really my first stop. I had to meet my wife and figured I'd stop at the local Tweeter to see what they had before getting my wife. When I went in he had me listent to some Sonus Farber's that sounded great. Unfortunately it was only then that he asked me my price range. He then took me over to see the Sapphire's only I doid not have aq lot of time to listen to them at that time.

From watching the board, I noted that you are in the Philly area and have visited World Wide Stereo. I was thinking of checking out their Montgomeryville store (I live in NJ north of Trenton). Any suggestions of what to look at in that price range at that store? My goal is to team new fronts and center with a new Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver and a Denon DVD-2200 I just got and then eventually get new surrounds (taking it piecemeal and slow because of two kids in college rignt now).

Thanks!

Forum Regular
    Mike,

Check out the beginning of this thread:

how do you rate these floorstanders? this is my demo list...

poneal's list is pretty is a good place to start. I really like the KEF Q5's and Energy C5's, but I think in your price range ($1500 for fronts and center) you may be able to moveup from there. You should be able to listen to the Energy and KEF side at WWS, or at least you can in their Ardmore store. I might go listen to Paradigms again, but I got turned off the last time I went to hear them because the manager kept pushing stuff outside of my price range. I am looking to spend about $1800 to $2000 for a 5.1 system. Tweeter is closing out their Vienna Acoustics, so you might be able to pick up a deal from there.

Check out the review on the Sapphire site. They do not offer a sub, but that may not be important since you can find them just online. People speak highly of SVS and HSU, but I have never heard them. Hope this helps.

Thread Information