AR Newbie Registered Member

Need some Help buying a sub for under $450.00

Hello I am looking to buy a all around sub for around 450.00 I already have 2 infinity primus 250 towers and 2 primus 250 bookshelf speakers.I have an older reciever a sony 445 but want to upgarade in the near future.I asking what is the best sub I can buy for my buck I like the deep bass for music but also want something clean for movies do you guys have any ideas in what to buy? I hear Velodyne DPS-12 and 10s are very good but hear JBL and Infinity are good aswell..Any ideas will be helpfull thanks

Big Fresh
    Look at the SVS PB10-Nsd. It's a large sub (by most people's standards) but it is about as powerful as you're going to get in your price range. Also, lots of people have been raving about the Titanic subwoofer kits. Basically, you buy them from PartsExpress and then assemble them yourself. Supposedly it's not too hard. I don't think they look that great, but then the SVS PB10 isn't going to win any beauty contests either, although I think it's a bit more attractive than the Titanic. Anyway, for your money, the SVS will be significantly better than the Velodyne or the JBL. If I chose between the Velodyne and the JBL, though, I'd choose the Velodyne.
    Receiver: H/K AVR 325
    Mains: Polk RTi-38
    Center: Polk CSi-30
    Surrounds: Polk FXi-30
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-isd
    TV: Panasonic TH-C46FD18

Links:
    10" Titanic
    12" Titanic

HSU Research VTF2 M3

SVS is very respected as well. I'm not crazy about 10" subs, so I'd either go with the Titanic 12 or HSU.

Hope this helps.

Forum Regular
    just because no one mentioned it, an IB sub is doable for under $450.

Thread Information