Forum Regular

Smile sub phase reversal

Yep, back already. I read an article about the PDR 10 sub, and, I quote,

"Surprisingly, Paradigm left out a phase-reversal switch, but you can work around that omission by manually swapping the satellites' positive and negative speaker leads. Keeping your sub and your sats in phase is simple enough and vital to their synchronization."

When I connect my sub (PDR 8) with my satellite Titans, do I just reverse the leads at the speaker end? Won't cause any damage? And if that is right, should I have reversed them on my fronts, as well? Thanks again.

Suspended
    Hook everything up properly. If sub seems like it is doing it's job then don't worry about the phase.

If the sub is some how out of phase with your system this means when your main speaker's woofer is pushing out, the sub's woofer is going in and you will notice a general lack of bass or seemingly the sub is not helping.

Are you hooking your sub up to the receiver via RCA connectors?

IF, you did have a phase problem with everything hooked up correctly, the sub would be out of phase with the mains, and, rear, so you would have to reverse both a lead on one of the front, and one of the back speakers.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the clear, concise explanation, Mr. Peabody. Your moniker seems to fit. I do have pretty good RCA cables on everything currently, and will put them on the other pair of Titans, as well. I believe everything is in phase with the present setup, as I have plenty of bass for my needs. If the new setup (extra Titans) results in out of phase speakers, I know what to do. Thanks again.

Thread Information