Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CWS
    Forum Regular
    I am using a Sony STR-DA3000ES, all the receivers you mentioned will have plenty of power to push these speakers. I have a 36" VVega for the TV, anything bigger will have to go to the basement later (Wife factor....)

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWS
    Took a leap of faith and ordered these direct from BIC on friday, should have them by the end of next week. Thanks for the picture they look great! I would love to see the back of them, binding posts if you could? I am really excited I had the Fluance sx-htb set on order since March but these looked really nice so I went for it and cancelled the fluance set. Also how did you mount the rears? I am thinking of putting them on speaker stands.

how were you able to order directly from BIC? I called and they said I could only get them from costco which is a problem for me since the nearest costco is over 3hrs away and i'm not a member.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerNut
    how were you able to order directly from BIC? I called and they said I could only get them from costco which is a problem for me since the nearest costco is over 3hrs away and i'm not a member.

I just called them and ordered my extra sub. My buddy called them and got his whole system plus an extra sub

thanks for the quick reply. I'll call them again and see if I get a different response.

CWS
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthus
    I just called them and ordered my extra sub. My buddy called them and got his whole system plus an extra sub
    I told them that my Costco was sold out, she then directed me to another 800# where I left a message that I was interested in the speakers. Later a lady called me back and I ordered them. Ill post the other 800# tomorrow when I get back to work.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by erics0531
    Still real happy with mine. I haven't seen them at Costso for a few weeks, so it may have been a one shot deal with them.

I'll try attaching a picture of my setup (crosses fingers). I wish my office door wasn't right there, *that's* where I'd put the sub...
    With that kind of system in your living room it must be hard to spend time in your office.

CWS
    Forum Regular
    The contact to order direct is 888-338-9150 leave a message if no one answers.

thanks for the number to order them directly. they were still trying to push the fact that they rather sell them in costco but she gave in after i explained to her the shipping charge would probably wind up being cheaper for me since i'm not a costco member, i would have to drive almost 4hrs, and pay sales tax.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckman
    With that kind of system in your living room it must be hard to spend time in your office.
    You should see the system in my office.

Ha, just kidding. Actually I moved my old JBL ARC30 bookshelves (nice sounding for music, no matching center channel for HT) into my office. Having good sound for music in there helps me resist the temptation to sit on the couch all day.

Would like to buy these

Having used BICs for year and having been happy with them, this looks like a nice step up. Does anyone know if Costco is still carrying them? I can't find them on the Costco site, and if memory serves, BIC, while offering good support, tends to take their own sweet time shipping equipment. Any Costco insight would be appreciated.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm88
    Having used BICs for year and having been happy with them, this looks like a nice step up. Does anyone know if Costco is still carrying them? I can't find them on the Costco site, and if memory serves, BIC, while offering good support, tends to take their own sweet time shipping equipment. Any Costco insight would be appreciated.
    I haven't seen them there recently. Try calling BIC, they'll try to point you to Costco anyway and maybe they know what the availability status is in your area.

i just got my speakers in today. haven't really had a chance to set them up. i ordered them directly from bic. took a little over a week for them to arrive which isn't bad considering they were coming from the west coast and i live in louisiana.

I just bought the Acoustech package from Costco last week. I called up BICAmerica and I ordered 2 additional surround speakers. I am very happy with them so far. I almost bought a Klipsch package at GoodGuys, but I thought these looked better and I couldn't tell the difference in the sound..

I have never had a subwoofer before, so I have a question. What volume level do you set yours at? Do you change any of the other settings? Is there any certain movie I should test with? My room is 14'x43' (which includes the kitchen) should I add another sub?
    Thanks

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    I have never had a subwoofer before, so I have a question. What volume level do you set yours at? Do you change any of the other settings? Is there any certain movie I should test with? My room is 14'x43' (which includes the kitchen) should I add another sub?
    Thanks
    There's a lot of variables here, including whether you have your speakers set to "Large" or Small" in your receiver. I found that mine sounded slightly better set to small (with everything below 80hz sent to the sub) so that's how I've got mine. I think my sub volume level is set at about 50%. Ideally you should find a test disc with bass tones that start very low and gradually increase to above the crossover. You adjust the sub level to where the tones sound equal in volume from the lowest (sub only) to the highest (mains only) while seated in the primary listening area.

Hi Zippy: Have you received the extra surround speakers to make 7.1 system? How do you like your new system? If you have a chance to do it again, what will you change? I am interrested to get this system instead of the Axiom M60 7.1 system at a lower cost. Thanks.

Price

I understand the price at Costco was/is $699 for the 5.1 set, and that BIC Direct Sales was/is matching that. But, how much is BIC Direct Sales charging for the H100 subwoofer alone? I see a number of you purchased additional subs.

I'm looking to replace my current BIC sub. While I've loved the rest of my BIC speakers, I've never been very happy with the sub. This new BIC Acoustech sub sounds like an excellent value!

I have these speakers and couldn't be happier! They are a big improvement over my previous system and I don't think it would be possible to get a better system from cheaper ($699 for 5.1).

I plan on adding two more of the bookshelf speakers for a 7.1 system. I am wondering if it would be better to have direct radiating speakers for the two rear speakers, or if the Acoutech speakers would be best (with the angled cabinet that sends sound in two directions). If I were to use the Acoustech speakers, would I want to point the horn tweeter for the rear two speakers towards the center, or towards the wall?

I am surprised that there isn't more buzz about these speakers, especially since you can order them directly from BIC if you can't find a Costco near you. I would love to hear more from other owners about their experience with these speakers. Has anyone been able to compare them with Klipsch speakers like the Audiophile Audition review did? I also think that I am going to keep my previous sub, so if anyone would be interested in the Acoustech sub, drop me a line.

Forum Regular

The same Guys who used to make turntables?

I am curious if the "BIC" you are talking about used to make turntables in the 70's? I seem to remember "BIC" and "Technic's" were 2 of the major brands for moderate priced turntable's in mid 70's. i.e. better than "Realistic" and slightly better than "Pioneer" but not quite the top level granite machines or one of those super expensive spacy looking units. I only remember because I remember almost buying one, i got the technic's instead.
    Just curious.
    Take care all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information