Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3221
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What is spinning?

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Nice amp....you going to get it?

I would love to, but guess what? The Ariston is mine!! I get it next Thursday. I saw it today in the flesh. Flawless, such an awesome design. I have arrived frenchie!! This is it for me. I will mod the arm and cables but I want nothing else in a table.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    I would love to, but guess what? The Ariston is mine!! I get it next Thursday. I saw it today in the flesh. Flawless, such an awesome design. I have arrived frenchie!! This is it for me. I will mod the arm and cables but I want nothing else in a table.
    Hey congrats are in order!...You know I want pic's.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Way to go PC!. Would that would be an RD-11? They are virtual clones of Linn LP-12's.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Hey Pops is that Joni Mitchell album a tribute to Charles Mingus? If it is I may have to pick that one up.
    Yes it is and it's amazing. Make sure you get it on vinyl, sounds fantastic.

This is actually a collaboration with Mingus, and features Shorter and Hancock.

Thanks fellas, it's the RD 11s.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    This is actually a collaboration with Mingus, and features Shorter and Hancock.

Really? Joni did stuff with Mingus? I had no idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Getting my day started with some John Klemmer. So my shout out for the day is to Klemmer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Relaxing after work with some Keith Jarrett. The great, late Dewey Redman, the father of Joshua Redman on sax, Charlie Haden on acoustic bass, Paul Motain on drums. Live recording 1973 at the Village Vangaurd and released on Impulse Records.

By rantzmar at 2010-08-07

Brothers Johnson. 1976

I sometimes forget you're a soul brutha. I have got some great stuff on vinyl you know. Think I'll spin some tonight...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is spinning?-dsc03414.jpg  

Don't forget about these brothers too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is spinning?-dsc03415.jpg  

Hey Pops...any of those Isley Brothers LP's got a tune called "sexuality" on it? Its part one and part two. I need to find that album.

Yes man! The Heat is On features that song. Every song on that LP is in 2 parts. Just about every album they did would have at least one 2 part song.

Really? Joni did stuff with Mingus? I had no idea.
    Kinda gave me a whole new perspective on Ms. Mitchell, although I'm a long-time fan...

joni 001
    Last edited by 02audionoob; 08-07-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Yes man! The Heat is On features that song. Every song on that LP is in 2 parts. Just about every album they did would have at least one 2 part song.
    Thanks man! I've been trying to figure out which album it was for a while now....have not heard that song since high school days...now its time to go out and pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Kinda gave me a whole new perspective on Ms. Mitchell, although I'm a long-time fan...

joni 001
    Well I knew she was a jazz fan but never had any idea she was in that deep.

A little SACD with Diana.
    Also good for snuggling up with the missus.

Suspended
    Go For Your Guns was always my favorite.

Heat is On has For The Love Of You
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/r...f=pd_krex_dp_a

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Go For Your Guns was always my favorite.

Heat is On has For The Love Of You
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/r...f=pd_krex_dp_a
    Thanks MrP.

With all of the recent Jim Hall discussion...I am religiously spinning these. I am ordering a re-issue of Telephone. For those who don't know, it's just him and Ron Carter jamming live.

This is on the same vibe but studio recorded with different bassists...excellent.

Just Chillin after work...how about a shout out for "Fat Head" Newman. (oh by the way Ray Charles sings, plays piano and sax)

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended

Sticks, River is a wonderful album. You should hear it through my gear, really sweet sounding. Must be nice for you too.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

Ya-Ka-May

Picked this one up recently. Lawdy, lawdy, its a fun one. As said on popmatters.com "...we’ve got a lean, mean beat machine, playing a buzzy, swaggering brand of electro-ghetto-funk and Southern hip-hop"

There's a bit of everything packed into a diverse collection of thumping 3 minute bundles of adventurous party music. Just about every track (15 in all) is a collaborative song featuring a different New Orleans artist. Taken as a pile of singles, it's a gold mine. A little overwhelming as an album though. I'm not usually one to go all bass heavy with my music, and I think I have a fairly capable system. However, putting this album on loud for a first listen, I really really wanted to hear it on a mammoth system with clarity and oomph. Got some quality drumming behind the beats with Stanton Moore; even got my white butt wanting to move.

256kbps AAC or Apple Lossless

You're welcome. Thank me later.

Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information