Suspended

RIP Johnny Winter

Well the forum won't let me post my Rolling Stone link for some reason but Johnny died 7/16 at age 70. I am a big fan and there was a period of my life I spent many a nights drinking cold bottles of beer and playing my Blues harp to his records. He is the best slide guitarist I know of. He said in some liner notes he likes his slide to sound like steely strings strung across a metal trash can. The article mentions his vision was 20/400 & 20/600, I didn't realize his vision was that bad, I believe that's considered "legally blind".

I

Forum Regular
    I used to listen to JW albums back in the day..........he was a major contributor to the Texas Blues scene, along the likes of SRV, Billy Gibbons, Rocky Athas and the incomparable Freddie King.
    I was always intrigued how the Winter brothers hooked up with so many good players.........one perfect example being THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT.........and JW playing a lot with Rick Derringer.............together they made good with ROCK & ROLL HOOCHIE KOO and, my favorite old rocker song, STILL ALIVE AND WELL.
    It was so fitting until this week.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Thread Information