Forum Regular

Quick question (sorry no music content)

Share with me your opinion on the Kerry's Botox-gate problem.

Obviously its stupid for the press to be fixated on this, but then they went way overboard on Dean's "primal scream" in Iowa also.

No, what makes it relevant and noteworthy is what probably would happen if Kerry is found out to have had Botox treatment and then lied about it. The embarrasement of doing something so vain and mildly controversal during the campaign plus the damage of being shown to be a liar could well prove disasterous for Kerry's chances in the weeks ahead.

Its been a crazy campaign cycle for the Dems thus far.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    .....plus the damage of being shown to be a liar could well prove disasterous for Kerry's chances in the weeks ahead.

Its been a crazy campaign cycle for the Dems thus far.
    I don't know about that. Seems that if we Americans cared all that much about lying by our politicians, there would be a lot more outrage over the present administration having lied to the whole world in order to justify going to war with Iraq

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar

Arrow Probably going to regret getting involved in this, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Seems that if we Americans cared all that much about lying by our politicians, there would be a lot more outrage over the present administration having lied to the whole world in order to justify going to war with Iraq
    Absolutely spot-on. Even Clinton perjuring himself in front of a grand jury seems pretty minor compared to the way Lil' Bush and his cabinet have decieved the country into going off on a war over weapons that most likely never existed in the first place. Granted, Saddam was a bad dude, but he was a pissant. He was not an immediate threat.

Our focus should be on North Korea. I think that when an entire region (China, Taiwan, S.Korea, Japan) is seriously worried about the actions and behavior of one small country and its fanatical dictator, I think it's time to start paying attention. Furthermore, we're still not finished in Afghanistan or even close to uprooting Al Qaeda.

Anyway, I apologize for this tangent and realize I've probably opened up a Pandora's Box here, but I had to get that off my chest.

Kerry For President. : P
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Thread Information