Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    ...although I see now that it seemed to RR regulars a heavy handed thing to do, and for that I apologize.
    Apology accepted, thanks.

And please accept my apology for my bait-y post(s).

fp

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I wish I could agree, but;

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Really? How many times have you posted here and been ignored? A quick search showed that you've posted here twice since January. Both posts were in March and both posts were responded to. So, I'm not exactly sure what you expected of us. You have no idea how many threads I've started over the last two years that have gone absolutely nowhere. It's not personal. Sometimes the topic just isn't of huge interest. Sometimes it's a timing thing.
    I remember my last posts had little responce. The RR forum didn't seem very wecoming to me. That's when I decided not to try it again.

I joined this board a little over two years ago and was warmly welcomed even though my musical tastes at the time were far from everyone else's. Within the month I had received comps from at least six different people, all wanting to share some of their musical experiences with me. Many have come and gone since then and I've never seen anyone who isn't a troll treated with anything other than respect and generousity.
    Like I said, I don't want to ruin your fun, that's why I put your thread back. You should at least give me credit for trying to do the right thing for you. Actually this whole thing blindsided me, I though I was doing you a favor by trying to bring more interest from the rest of AR to your thread. I see now I was mistaken.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Suspended
    Really? How many times have you posted here and been ignored?

A quick search showed that you've posted here twice since January. Both posts were in March and both posts were responded to. So, I'm not exactly sure what you expected of us. You have no idea how many threads I've started over the last two years that have gone absolutely nowhere. It's not personal. Sometimes the topic just isn't of huge interest. Sometimes it's a timing thing.

I joined this board a little over two years ago and was warmly welcomed even though my musical tastes at the time were far from everyone else's. Within the month I had received comps from at least six different people, all wanting to share some of their musical experiences with me. Many have come and gone since then and I've never seen anyone who isn't a troll treated with anything other than respect and generousity.

If you want to participate, then participate. If you don't, then don't. But don't tell me that your posts were met with a deafening silence. I'm not buying it.

The next time I see you post, I'll be sure to give you pity click. I do it to Finchy's posts all the time.
    wasn,t sure where to put this post since I view in linear.

Before I discovered Rave Recs I spent 8 months getting Flamed on the Cable board by Mytercraft and a few others. Real unfriendly place. I hung in there because no I know I have heard differences in cable, whether good or bad. I posted in the Speaker forum for a while but it always seemed to be an advertising section for Knor.

Now then, I happened over here after parusing it a few times. I asked a question about a Genre that was being talked about. My post, included many a hardy welcomes and offers of comps to help me better understand the music I asked about. When I said I had nothing in return, I was told to "Pay it forward", something I learned here and have continued to do with Newbies. I am about to turn Hmmm on to some of my stuff since he asked. If you dont call all this friendly and community like, maybe you could clue us neanderthals in.

As far as your post not getting replies, check out my history, check out Finch too. We both have losts of posts nobody replied to. Are we crying? NO we keep on posting. Some of my posts had near record hits also, but that was before they screwed the software up here.

I use dialup and this site is a SLOW load so going to every board is not happening any more. I do post answers to computer questions at that board.

So waht do you suggest we all (as in the 10 regulars that keep this place alive) do?

Hyfi

These same people are about the only ones who still post here.

Thats it for me on this one.

FA Congrats on the new ride and sound system it comes with. I hope you enjoy many a Rave Recording while driving.

Actually this place is starting to grow on me

I understand that your intentions were good. And I understand your reasons for moving the thread. I hope that you understand my reasons for being upset over it.

In the end, no real harm has been done. If this is the biggest problem in my life than I am a very lucky girl. I was reminded of that this weekend by a friend's email.

I hope that you will continue to contribute on this forum. Whether you believe it or not, we are always happy to hear from new posters.
    I am a "techie" to some degree, and yes I'm a gearhead too. But I've got a little secret for you....

Gearheads like new equipment, and you know why? It give us a reason to listen to all our music all over again!!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Mytcrafter is gone, gone ,gone

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    wasn,t sure where to put this post since I view in linear.

Before I discovered Rave Recs I spent 8 months getting Flamed on the Cable board by Mytercraft and a few others. Real unfriendly place. I hung in there because no I know I have heard differences in cable, whether good or bad. I posted in the Speaker forum for a while but it always seemed to be an advertising section for Knor.

Now then, I happened over here after parusing it a few times. I asked a question about a Genre that was being talked about. My post, included many a hardy welcomes and offers of comps to help me better understand the music I asked about. When I said I had nothing in return, I was told to "Pay it forward", something I learned here and have continued to do with Newbies. I am about to turn Hmmm on to some of my stuff since he asked. If you dont call all this friendly and community like, maybe you could clue us neanderthals in.

As far as your post not getting replies, check out my history, check out Finch too. We both have losts of posts nobody replied to. Are we crying? NO we keep on posting. Some of my posts had near record hits also, but that was before they screwed the software up here.

I use dialup and this site is a SLOW load so going to every board is not happening any more. I do post answers to computer questions at that board.

So waht do you suggest we all (as in the 10 regulars that keep this place alive) do?

Hyfi

These same people are about the only ones who still post here.

Thats it for me on this one.

FA Congrats on the new ride and sound system it comes with. I hope you enjoy many a Rave Recording while driving.
    I really consider my job making this place safe for people to express their views. I'm liking this forum more and more, and I would NEVER want to see you loose what you have here for anything. I really wanted to see more of the gearhead regulars get involed with the RR forum.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I remember my last posts had little responce. The RR forum didn't seem very wecoming to me. That's when I decided not to try it again.
    I'm really sorry that you felt this way. I can assure that you were not being snubbed. I hope that you'll give us another shot.

Like I said, I don't want to ruin your fun, that's why I put your thread back. You should at least give me credit for trying to do the right thing for you. Actually this whole thing blindsided me, I though I was doing you a favor by trying to bring more interest from the rest of AR to your thread. I see now I was mistaken.
    I will give you credit for doing what you thought was right. We've run into the same problem that we ran into with Terrence. The intentions were good, but unfortunately, the intentions were not explained up front. Perhaps we should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Something that I'm not always very good at. I apologize for that. You were not mistaken in your intent. I still think, however, that there has to be a better way to handle this.

Talking I feel it was handled correctly

I'm really sorry that you felt this way. I can assure that you were not being snubbed. I hope that you'll give us another shot.

I will give you credit for doing what you thought was right. We've run into the same problem that we ran into with Terrence. The intentions were good, but unfortunately, the intentions were not explained up front. Perhaps we should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Something that I'm not always very good at. I apologize for that. You were not mistaken in your intent. I still think, however, that there has to be a better way to handle this.
    Give and take, understanding both points of view, coming to a conclusion that both can agree is fair. There really is no better way. No if we can just get the Senate to act the same way....Wait, now I'm going off topic!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Suspended
    I really consider my job making this place safe for people to express their views. I'm liking this forum more and more, and I would NEVER want to see you loose what you have here for anything. I really wanted to see more of the gearhead regulars get involed with the RR forum.
    Can someone explain all these new terms to me please.
    Gearhead
    Techie

Are Gearheads like Motorheads?
    Are Techies like Trekies?

I like new gear also, being out of work for 2 years has put a damper on things in that area. My Marantz CD67-SE is acting up as of late and won't shuffle any of my comps...just everyone elses. Audio Alchemy Dac is still hanging in there.

I noticed your Maggies. Always loved em but they lack bass. I see you have that covered with the Vels. I'm still loving my Dynaudio Audience 82s driven with a moded Stratos.

I just bought a nice pair of outdoor speakers Athena AS-06. Fine pair of Canadian speakers. I drive them along with a pair of JM Labs Tantal 509s with a Hafler 9145 Pre/Tuner & 9180 Amp.

Give this place a chance. Trade comps with some folks. End up with a whole CD case full of music you would have never listened to if people here didn't turn you on to it. If a post a month is a little off topic (not that car stereo systems and the music played on them is off topic) then as suggested, link it to the other forums. Let them know where it came from and maybe they can all cross post here.

I take it from your title line that you somehow remember Mytercraft and his band of Witch Hunters. I was linched weekly over there. Glad to here it is an open forum one again but hey, maybe it was the contraversy after all that kept people posting.

Happy Posting

Anybody want some popcorn? While listening to yr favorite Rave Recordings, of course, and reading all this........
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Can someone explain all these new terms to me please.
    Gearhead
    Techie

Are Gearheads like Motorheads?
    Are Techies like Trekies?
    Yes, and no. Gearheads like to have new gear just, if only for the sake of new gear. Get's us excited to listen to things closely all over again. Techies like to bone up on the tech aspect of audio, and audio gear. You can be a techie, or a gearhead, or both. I'm an engineer, so tech comes with the job, but I'm more of a gearhead when it comes to Audio. Kexo is becoming a real techie as of late, the man knows the audio equvilent of Pi out to the 27 digit...it's hard to keep up with him!

I like new gear also, being out of work for 2 years has put a damper on things in that area. My Marantz CD67-SE is acting up as of late and won't shuffle any of my comps...just everyone elses. Audio Alchemy Dac is still hanging in there.

I noticed your Maggies. Always loved em but they lack bass. I see you have that covered with the Vels. I'm still loving my Dynaudio Audience 82s driven with a moded Stratos.

I just bought a nice pair of outdoor speakers Athena AS-06. Fine pair of Canadian speakers. I drive them along with a pair of JM Labs Tantal 509s with a Hafler 9145 Pre/Tuner & 9180 Amp.

Give this place a chance. Trade comps with some folks. End up with a whole CD case full of music you would have never listened to if people here didn't turn you on to it. If a post a month is a little off topic (not that car stereo systems and the music played on them is off topic) then as suggested, link it to the other forums. Let them know where it came from and maybe they can all cross post here.

I take it from your title line that you somehow remember Mytercraft and his band of Witch Hunters. I was linched weekly over there. Glad to here it is an open forum one again but hey, maybe it was the contraversy after all that kept people posting.

Happy Posting
    I hate to say this, but I dont even know what a comp is!

Mytcrap I do know, and it was after my fellow mods, and I came on board that he was banished to the AR neverworld. Your NEVER going to see the kind of posts that he was famous for on AR as long as I have a say.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    As far as your post not getting replies, check out my history, check out Finch too. We both have losts of posts nobody replied to. Are we crying? NO...
    Well, Finch cries into his beer quite frequently, actually, but then we pity-click him, and tell him a joke or two (A man walks into a bar. It hurt. The end.), and maybe post a promiscuous pic or two, and he feels better.

(Finch -- I'll PM you the latest of Nat Portman -- she's a cue-ball these days...working on a movie called V For Vendetta.)

So, Geoff (or should I call you Mr. Cin?), what kind of music do you listen to?

And are you the same person as shokhed, or am I confused?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Hey, can you please post this in the AR "snackfoods" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Anybody want some popcorn? While listening to yr favorite Rave Recordings, of course, and reading all this........
    This is the "get to know the moderator who doesn't seem like such a bad guy after all" thread

Suspended
    A Comp is when you put together a disk of your favs, all one artist, theme, or just a sampling of new stuff your listening to. My listening range at least doubled if not tripled since being here.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    I still think I did the right thing by moving the thread, although I see now that it seemed to RR regulars a heavy handed thing to do, and for that I apologize.

You should see my actions for what ment though; To get wider participation by all of theAR members. It was NOT an attemp to play with "your" forum at all.

For what it's worth, I belive moving it worked quite well. There was a lot of participation and interest when it was in General. Now I'm afraid the thread will be buried in the archives of the RR Forum. Who's better off for that?
    Your the Moderator. You dont have to explain anything if you dont want and i would'nt let a few try to tell you how. If they dont like it,let them cry for awhile. Might be good reasons why RR is so dead,imo of course.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Your the Moderator. You dont have to explain anything if you dont want and i would'nt let a few try to tell you how. If they dont like it,let them cry for awhile. Might be good reasons why RR is so dead,imo of course.
    IMO, of course.

fp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An open letter to Ericl-jerky.jpg  

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'll tell you what Geoff...PM me a mailing address if you want to and I'll send you a comp that I put together a while back with some of the newer Canadian artists that I've been listening to. It's just a sampler of one or two songs from each artist. It was put together so that some of my American friends here could get an idea of some of the music that I've been listening to, and some of the bands that aren't getting any exposure south of the border yet.

As a result of this comp, I know at least one person here who went out and purchased a couple of CDs from bands that, without this "comp", they probably would never have been introduced to.

Also, Davey is getting ready to send out CRSv10. CRS stands for Current Rotation Sampler. It's a group effort where, anyone who's interested in participating, contributes a track from a CD that they are currently listening to and think that other's should hear. Once the CD is received and listened to (by anyone who wants a copy) it usually ends up generating some pretty interesting reviews on this site. If you're interested, I'd be happy to forward a copy to you once I receive mine from Davey.

Personally, I've lost track of the number of bands that I've been introduced to through RR comps over the last couple of years. Be forwarned, however, that comp trading can lead to addictive purchase disorder (APD). And has been known to drain many wallets.

"Hey, can you please post this in the AR "snackfoods" thread? "

It's SCARY in those other forums. GEEZ, no wonder this forum is so deadblahblahblah.

Nobody ever answers my requests for recommendations on hot acid- polka groups verging on a break-out into the Billboard Top 100. Wah.

But seriously, I've been ignored for 2 1/2 years and all I can say is I think it shows remarkably good judgment on the part of the old guard regulars here............

----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Power used irresponsibly is tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Just because I don't have to explain my actions doesn't mean I shouldn't. Think how you would feel if your posts suddenly disappeared without any explanation.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Thanks!

I'll tell you what Geoff...PM me a mailing address if you want to and I'll send you a comp that I put together a while back with some of the newer Canadian artists that I've been listening to. It's just a sampler of one or two songs from each artist. It was put together so that some of my American friends here could get an idea of some of the music that I've been listening to, and some of the bands that aren't getting any exposure south of the border yet.

As a result of this comp, I know at least one person here who went out and purchased a couple of CDs from bands that, without this "comp", they probably would never have been introduced to.

Also, Davey is getting ready to send out CRSv10. CRS stands for Current Rotation Sampler. It's a group effort where, anyone who's interested in participating, contributes a track from a CD that they are currently listening to and think that other's should hear. Once the CD is received and listened to (by anyone who wants a copy) it usually ends up generating some pretty interesting reviews on this site. If you're interested, I'd be happy to forward a copy to you once I receive mine from Davey.

Personally, I've lost track of the number of bands that I've been introduced to through RR comps over the last couple of years. Be forwarned, however, that comp trading can lead to addictive purchase disorder (APD). And has been known to drain many wallets.
    I'm really getting into all this new lingo! I cant wait to put my CRS in my CRV, and go cruising down the blvd!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Just because I don't have to explain my actions doesn't mean I shouldn't. Think how you would feel if your posts suddenly disappeared without any explanation.
    That might benifit everybody. LOL
    Your right.
    Look & Listen

Cliquish and pretentious

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    If you, the mod, think that a thread here is worth a wider audience, I'm all for it. But why not simply DOUBLE the link into the other thread instead of deleting it from here?
    I wondered that myself Troy.

I think we're more clannish than cliquish.

But do you really think Yech scared away that many regulars? Or just newbies?

Your right though, this place was better than Cheers at one time. The ideas and musics that were freely exchanged here is unsurpassed in internet history. I guess you could've called it a Camelot of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    But do you really think Yech scared away that many regulars? Or just newbies?
    Yeah, I do.

but MGH's comment about the slowness and pop ups may be true as well. This site has never been slow for me. I have a fast cable connection. This site has always loaded instantly for me. I've never had pop ups because I run a blocker.

Hi Guys,

I just discovered this thread today. Sorry I was out (trying to stay off the computer on the weekends!).

Here's the deal. We have these different forums dedicated to different topics. We like to keep things organized so that people can find what they're looking for. If we let people post whatever they wanted wherever they wanted, then what is the point of having separate forums? It becomes a free for all. So we move threads that are not on topic, and we're going to keep doing that. I don't think this is such a terribly tyrannical rule, its standard practice when running a forum like this. I also really don't like seeing Geoff get beat up about this either, he's just helping out. He's great guy and he's doing this pro bono, for the love of the site, OK?

I think you're a great bunch of guys and although i don't post here too much, I have been seeking out recordings based on what i read here. I'd really like to see you guys branch out in the forums a little bit so it does feel less 'cliqish' (sp?) in here. It would help stimulate community, which you guys are lamenting the loss of.

Cheers,
    Eric

This wins my Favorite Post Of The Week Award

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    "Hey, can you please post this in the AR "snackfoods" thread? "

It's SCARY in those other forums. GEEZ, no wonder this forum is so deadblahblahblah.

Nobody ever answers my requests for recommendations on hot acid- polka groups verging on a break-out into the Billboard Top 100. Wah.

But seriously, I've been ignored for 2 1/2 years and all I can say is I think it shows remarkably good judgment on the part of the old guard regulars here............

What do you win? Nothing. I'm ignoring you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information