Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hey, Site Administrator--you do whatever you want to do. Yr post confirms my take that moving threads, especially without warning, is solid evidence of a power trip. You have that power; you want to use it, use it. You continue to reject what I consider to be a reasonable compromise--that off-topic posts put up to be read by the people who come to this forum, be posted in their proper place, but that you allow the poster to put up a post in this forum to draw the attention of the posters in this forum--and in doing so I think you are being extremely unreasonable. You don't agree? Consider a move back to a format that isn't so frickin' slow for people & regulars will find it a lot easier to spend the extra time to post in the appropriate forum without bending any of yr rules--which are, again, being adhered to according to the letter, as opposed to the spirit.

Of course, if you care more about seeing to it that every single post appears in its proper place than in the place where more interested parties are going to actually read it, then you're going to force this regular out.

Troy:

>Yeah, I do.

Chip, Brad, DLD, Swish, Rae, Demetrio, CC, AudioGirl, & JDaniel are people I either don't see here much anymore, or less frequently than they once did, and I don't recall any of them having personal issues with you-know-who. You, Davey, Barry & FA, Mason, JC, Dusty, & RPM are all people who saw nasty posts directed at them at one time or another, yet, for the most part, all of them/you are still here--and, unless I'm mistaken, none of these people went away, only to return after the banning. Am I wrong? I don't think he drove Darius away, either. I don't question anyone's right to have been offended by personal attacks, but while I understand where you're coming from, this just doesn't exactly make sense. If it did I don't think 3-Lock would've questioned this, also. Think about it.

I don't like others.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    I'd really like to see you guys branch out in the forums a little bit...
    Well, I'll be quite possibly the only honest person here and say -- I, for one, would not. What do I have to gain? I could care less about equipment, and even less about arguing about equipment. And the general forum is just time-wasting. I want to talk about music.
    ...It would help stimulate community, which you guys are lamenting the loss of.
    No, we're lamenting the loss of our community. We don't care what happens in those other forums. Or, at least, I don't.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Guys,

I think you are overreacting just a bit. No one is trying to oppress you or on a power trip. This is just an internet bulletin board, and we're following basic rules that apply all over the internet to keep it organized. I think its a little dramatic to say we're trying to destroy your community. There are far worse things happening in the world! We're just doing a job.

I think you guys in RR are great, I am really grateful that you are here. But can we take it easy a bit? Please?

Thanks,
    Eric

Want some popcorn?
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

oh yeah, the links to relevant threads, no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    oh yeah, the links to relevant threads, no problem with that.
    No?

Sir Terence The Terrible:

"I am sorry, I cannot see why the post has to be done it two places."

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...0781#post60781

Believe me, Eric, the irony is not lost on me that I've spent far more time responding to yr PM & tracking down this post than anyone will clicking two or three additional links. Not the point. If you say this is OK with you, I think that's great & don't see any reason why anyone should violate the rules in the future. But this is in direct contradiction with Terence's position just 6 months ago.

I don't like others.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Teachers dont run a school, the baggers dont run the store, and posters dont run this forum so stop crying like a newborn, let them run it the way they do and if you dont like it,PM them or leave. See,its just so easy. Between the A-Holes and babys,i'm surprised any new poster would stay around when there's so many other places to post. Some of you are so fricken full of yourself.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Teachers dont run a school, the baggers dont run the store, and posters dont run this forum so stop crying like a newborn, let them run it the way they do and if you dont like it,PM them or leave. See,its just so easy. Between the A-Holes and babys,i'm surprised any new poster would stay around when there's so many other places to post. Some of you are so fricken full of yourself.
    I've really tried to stay out of the fray of this one (for the most part) because people have already said what I wanted to say, but I'm giving into the trolling here for a bit . . .

With all due respect, skokhead, I don't think you understand this place or exactly who is being the "A-Hole." Many of us have been on this board for quite some time (to some, I'm a relative newbie and I've been around over 5 years), and this really is a community of friends and acquaintances. Having said that, many of us have tried to get new people to join, and welcomed new people that showed up. I agree with you that it's up to the moderators/administrators to run this place, but they should be open to hearing criticism without jumping to conclusions and immediately getting defensive, nor in my estimation should they just make an executive decision like moving an entire thread when there are a lot of people around here who it affects.

This forum (and the posters that make it what it is) may not mean much to you, and that's fine. But (a) you either don't understand that this really is a community and many of us feel like we know each other (and welcome open-minded, generally polite people into our community), and/or (b) you don't care and you like being surly/a troll. Either way, I think you should re-read your post and take a look in the mirror.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

I just think its kinda sad that this is the longest thread we've had here for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    I just think its kinda sad that this is the longest thread we've had here for quite some time.
    And that it drew some people out of the woodwork to post more (including me, admittedly).
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Read the thread I linked to, genius. Then tell me you have no problem with anything that Terence did. Then tell me he first doesn't say that a post in two forums on the same topic is not allowed, then he tells Troy that it's okay if he puts a post up in Rave Recs saying he's going to post a movie review in the Films Forum (which is off-topic), then he says it's NOT okay to do this. "Let them run it the way they do," huh? So are they going to stick to their rules or not? Eric says here it's okay. Terence said it wasn't. Us babies can't follow the rules when we're given two different stories. Adults have difficulty with this also. You said off-topic is off-topic, right? Easy to follow? Then why are you adding an off-topic post to an off-topic thread? You wouldn't want to be in violation of the rules, now, would you?

I don't like others.

LMAO,your a great example of what i'm saying,thanks. To funny. Its not fricken WW3,your not going to die. Its a public forum, not the gas chamber. Get over it. Let it go but you wont.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    I've really tried to stay out of the fray of this one (for the most part) because people have already said what I wanted to say, but I'm giving into the trolling here for a bit . . .

With all due respect, skokhead, I don't think you understand this place or exactly who is being the "A-Hole." Many of us have been on this board for quite some time (to some, I'm a relative newbie and I've been around over 5 years), and this really is a community of friends and acquaintances. Having said that, many of us have tried to get new people to join, and welcomed new people that showed up. I agree with you that it's up to the moderators/administrators to run this place, but they should be open to hearing criticism without jumping to conclusions and immediately getting defensive, nor in my estimation should they just make an executive decision like moving an entire thread when there are a lot of people around here who it affects.

This forum (and the posters that make it what it is) may not mean much to you, and that's fine. But (a) you either don't understand that this really is a community and many of us feel like we know each other (and welcome open-minded, generally polite people into our community), and/or (b) you don't care and you like being surly/a troll. Either way, I think you should re-read your post and take a look in the mirror.
    I look in the mirror everyday and my life doesnt circle around any public forum. Its not fricken WW3,man o man. Feel like we know each other,through a computer screen,thats sad.
    Look & Listen

Hey Shokhead, Your sig is stupid. The UPS store sells empty boxes too.

I think some of you need to get a grip on things. Is your life circling around this forum? Dont you have jobs,friends ,yards to mow? I guess i just dont understand your life consumed into a forum. Its just info and fun for me but i guess its life and death for others so for the others,i'm sorry for treating this problem so lightly.
    Look & Listen

Yo tentoze...toss me a beer, this may be worthing sticking around for...

Forum Regular
    Shokhead...chill. You seem to be the one getting all bent out of shape. With over 700 posts yourself, you're not exactly an occasional lurker yourself. If the RR "regulars" bug you, then encourage others from the other AR sections you spend time on to come over and contribute.

That this thread was born out of a dispute with a moderator, and that the moderator is allowing it too continue, is a bit disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone

With all due respect, skokhead, I don't think you understand this place or exactly who is being the "A-Hole."

(and welcome open-minded, generally polite people into our community), and/or (b) you don't care and you like being surly/a troll. Either way, I think you should re-read your post and take a look in the mirror.
    Numero Uno-We're all entitled to a little diversion from time to time. It can be fun.

B. I had well placed suspicions about this character when among his first posts here (that I came across at any rate) was to Troy and stated " Off Topic belongs in{drum roll please} Off Topic,its really pretty easy."

My initial thought was reflected in this post "Well, I'm going to withhold judgement on one ding-a-ling that just started chimmng in..." Anyone think I was incorrect??? The rest has just been icing.

IV. I'm not really in the mood for more icing. Think I'm gonna go squeeze nine holes in but I really liked your comment about generally polite people.

Big Bertha needs me.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information