DPM

Giant On The Box

I just received my latest order form Greg Walker at Synphonic. Talk about fast service, I placed the order late on Friday and received it today. I need to buy more stuff from him.

Anyway, one of the items I received is the new Gentle Giant DVD, Giant On The Box. I must say that, considering the age of the source material, the sound and picture aren't half bad. And the performances are top notch. If you are a fan of this band then YOU WANT THIS DVD. It isn't cheap, but I'm glad I spent the bucks.

The other item I received is the CD by Blackfield--a collaboration between Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Israeli musician Aviv Geffen. I've not spun it yet, so a review will have to wait until I've absorbed all it has to offer.

DM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    I just received my latest order form Greg Walker at Synphonic. Talk about fast service, I placed the order late on Friday and received it today. I need to buy more stuff from him.

Anyway, one of the items I received is the new Gentle Giant DVD, Giant On The Box. I must say that, considering the age of the source material, the sound and picture aren't half bad. And the performances are top notch. If you are a fan of this band then YOU WANT THIS DVD. It isn't cheap, but I'm glad I spent the bucks.

The other item I received is the CD by Blackfield--a collaboration between Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Israeli musician Aviv Geffen. I've not spun it yet, so a review will have to wait until I've absorbed all it has to offer.

DM

I'm glad to see that video of some of these great classic prog bands are showing up. I recently purchased the Cat Stevens video Majikat from his 1976 tour. Top quality, and and interesting performance.

Let me know about the Steve Wilson DVD. I'm surprised these isn't a DVD of his last tour with PT.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Yes, please do let us know about that Blackfield CD once you've listened to it.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information