Cool damn I have a lot of comps from ya'll

my wife found a magazine thingy that holds 208 cds. Found it on sale for $10 at some dollar store. Gotta like that. I'm sure it will be full soon. Good lord.

-jar-

Lightbulb You'll have to do what I did.

Take an empty plastic CD blank holder (50 or 100 CDs) and put the discs in there you'll probably never listen to again (mine, YECH's).

Hey, I can post! It's a miracle!

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Take an empty plastic CD blank holder (50 or 100 CDs) and put the discs in there you'll probably never listen to again (mine, YECH's).

Hey, I can post! It's a miracle!

fp
    I'm ahead of you on that.. I got a couple spindles full of random things I got that have no cover art, etc.. but I have all of yours in one place right now ready to go into the book. It's funny I was working on putting some comps and stuff in there, so I have a stack of empty slim cases.. my 8 month old daughter makes a bee-line for those, totally ignoring her more expensive toys. She absolutely lusts for the the remote control too. damn those stuffed animals and other things, she wants that remote.

A friend of mine copied his entire cd collection to cd-r's and sold the originals. So now instead of a wall of cds, he has 5 of those magazines. Gotta admit it's quite a space saver, if you can stand parting with the artwork. I have to say that I've considered it. Actually, I'm doing that right now but on a smaller scale with half.com..

-jar-

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    A friend of mine copied his entire cd collection to cd-r's and sold the originals. So now instead of a wall of cds, he has 5 of those magazines. Gotta admit it's quite a space saver, if you can stand parting with the artwork. I have to say that I've considered it. Actually, I'm doing that right now but on a smaller scale with half.com..

-jar-
    I've often considered using those magazines for my collection and getting rid of all of the jewel cases, but it sounds like a pretty painful process if your CDs are kept in alphabetical order. Everytime I buy a new disk, every disk after it slides over a spot on the shelf. It would be pretty time consuming to have to move all of those disks from sleeve to sleeve. How does your friend keep track?

Thread Information