PPG

Classic Rock quiz: Who released this album?

Okay, here's the first in a series of classic rock quizzes. Please select the best answer.

Please, no cheating. And whoever answers it correctly may post the next classic rock quiz. (or not)

Which of the following artists released an album called Living In the Past?

a. Jethro Bodine
    b. Jeff Bodine
    c. Homer & Jethro
    d. Jeff Tull
    e. Jethro Tull
    f. The Aqualungs
    Last edited by PPG; 11-12-2003 at 08:21 PM.

Suspended

Talking Was it Homer & Jethro?

Hey Pops, hows it going

PPG
    Quote Originally Posted by HYFI
    Hey Pops, hows it going
    What's up, HyFi?

I know, I know.....

It was Jethro Bodine, wasn't it.

Welcome back Popper.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Jethro Toe
    This is this. This ain't something else. This is this.

Talking

Jethro Tull of course

Quote Originally Posted by Colin^
    Jethro Tull of course
    No way. That can't be right.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Gee, that's a toughie.

Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    Okay, here's the first in a series of classic rock quizzes. Please select the best answer.

Please, no cheating. And whoever answers it correctly may post the next classic rock quiz. (or not)

Which of the following artists released an album called Living In the Past?

a. Jethro Bodine
    b. Jeff Bodine
    c. Homer & Jethro
    d. Jeff Tull
    e. Jethro Tull
    f. The Aqualungs
    So what you been up to?

PPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    So what you been up to?
    Me? Not much, except setting up my surround system (Pink Floyd's SACD is awesome!), learning some new tunes on my guitar, that's about it. Haven't been burning any comps lately, at all. Guess I "burned" out :-)

How about you?

New guitar tunes you say?

Me? Not much, except setting up my surround system (Pink Floyd's SACD is awesome!), learning some new tunes on my guitar, that's about it. Haven't been burning any comps lately, at all. Guess I "burned" out :-)

How about you?
    I've been practicing a few myself with a new friend of mine (he was a friend of a friend) who knows quite a few songs, and we are thinking about playing out as a duet. He's more a mainstream type of guy, but a few of the songs he wants to play (The Wallflowers, Radiohead, Dave Mason) are pretty decent. I, on the other hand, am working with him on some Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Luna and so forth, so we think we can mix it up a bit and keep things interesting for the audience.

We went to a couple open mic nights and, while the talent wasn't bad, the songs selections were questionable at best. Who can listen to Brown Eyed Girl or Amy one more friggin' time? Not me. When one guy asked for requests, I semi-hollered "play something we don't know".
    Know what I mean?

So what songs are you learning? Also, do you know any good websites where I can search for lyrics, chords and/or /tab? I use http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/OLGA/all/B.html for ideas and they seem pretty decent.

PPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    We went to a couple open mic nights and, while the talent wasn't bad, the songs selections were questionable at best. Who can listen to Brown Eyed Girl or Amy one more friggin' time? Not me. When one guy asked for requests, I semi-hollered "play something we don't know".
    Know what I mean?

So what songs are you learning? Also, do you know any good websites where I can search for lyrics, chords and/or /tab? I use http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/OLGA/all/B.html for ideas and they seem pretty decent.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I really look forward to hearing an unplugged version of Free Bird or Stairway to Heaven whenever I go clubbin' I occasionally use that same link you posted - it's the best one I've found. As far as what I've been learning, I'm basically trying to learn solo renditions of older stuff - I'm a fan of solo fingerstyle (Chet Atkins and the like). I have a fairly nice rendition of Eleanor Rigby I'm pretty proud of. Other songs I've been playing include, "Two of Us", "Sisten Golden Hair", "Sleepwalk", "Here, There, and Everywhere", "Pink Panther Theme", "Pipeline", "The Peanuts Theme" (the main riff), and just last night learned the riff to "Hold Your Head Up" (Argent), bass & melody. So, not exactly cutting edge stuff there, but I like it. And there was many years I was inactive on guitar, so I feel like I'm doing alright by keeping my interest up, wanting to get better, etc. I'm planning on getting a bass guitar and record this stuff on my digital 8-track Fostex. If you guys do any recording and would interested in future trades, let me know. You play electric, right?

I play both electric and acoustic....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really look forward to hearing an unplugged version of Free Bird or Stairway to Heaven whenever I go clubbin' I occasionally use that same link you posted - it's the best one I've found. As far as what I've been learning, I'm basically trying to learn solo renditions of older stuff - I'm a fan of solo fingerstyle (Chet Atkins and the like). I have a fairly nice rendition of Eleanor Rigby I'm pretty proud of. Other songs I've been playing include, "Two of Us", "Sisten Golden Hair", "Sleepwalk", "Here, There, and Everywhere", "Pink Panther Theme", "Pipeline", "The Peanuts Theme" (the main riff), and just last night learned the riff to "Hold Your Head Up" (Argent), bass & melody. So, not exactly cutting edge stuff there, but I like it. And there was many years I was inactive on guitar, so I feel like I'm doing alright by keeping my interest up, wanting to get better, etc. I'm planning on getting a bass guitar and record this stuff on my digital 8-track Fostex. If you guys do any recording and would interested in future trades, let me know. You play electric, right?
    and we have several where one of us will play acoustic and one electric since it's very difficult at times to play certain leads (with string bends and so forth) on acoustic. It works quite well, actually. Fingerpicking can be so satisfying when you can do it right, but it takes lots of practice. And try learning it by tab! Man is that a PITA!

Thread Information