Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kexs hits 6K !!! Join the party....

SURPRISE!!!!

HAPPY 6000th post Kex! OK, so I started early....

Welcome to your party. Come on in. Have a drink and a burger. CD selections are to the left. DVD selections are to the right. Pick what you like. Main system is right here. Hope that a 106" screen is big enough for ya. There's karaoke set up for the wives in the master bedroom. Both fridges are stocked with several beers. We have taps in every room. Here is your barmaid. She will re-fill your glass whenever it's half full. Billiards is downstairs with the 2 channel system. Worf put together a band. He is on base. C.J. Chenier (who did accordion on a tune of Worf's upcoming album) is on the squeeze box. Levon Helm who he met last week touring with his "Midnight Ramble" has agreed to play drums. He is bringing others and a cask of Romulan Ale as well.
    LJ is cooking steaks, ribs, wings, burgers & dogs. Bernd is making pastries. Tex is cooking something, but won't say what it is. FA is downstairs kicking all the guy's butts on the pool table while a couple of girl volleyball teams cheer her on.. Relax, and have a great time.
    How does it feel to be 6k?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Congratulations on your 6,000th post. I reread them all and the quantity and quality are equal. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Now sit down and relax and I will run to the bar and get you a drink. Would you like a laptop so no one can pass you buy while we are partying?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

congrats with the 6k posts kex, now go to your personal bar, there's a surpise waiting for ya there
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

hey, and Worf is starting to warm up his band already
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Kex,

Here is your barmaid. She has been instructed to give you anything you ask for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kexs hits 6K !!!  Join the party....-eyes.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended

Yaaaaay!

Congratulations on 6000 posts Penguin Guy. I echo John's sentiments and thank you for the help and advice you've shared with us along the way. You're a one-of-a-kind asset here on the AR forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM
    Tex is cooking something, but won't say what it is.
    Why, I'm cooking steak fajitas of couse. It's a regional thing. L.J., thanks for the fajita meat! To supplement the fajitas, I'm smoking up some magic mushrooms along with some green herbs that resemble cilantro. Watch out for the habenaro peppers, they're very hot!

GM, thanks for the dip offer but FA brought some of her private stock guacomole(sp?) which her and I only are sharing (she doesn't know that I've got some very potent tequila that I'm going to mix in while she's dancing with that guy.

Fill your glasses and enjoy everyone!

Suspended
    Dam... there she is again. Is PG here yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Dam... there she is again. Is PG here yet?
    He's being shy. Maybe he want to make a grand entrance.

Hope he shows up soon. The party is starting to pick up steam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kexs hits 6K !!!  Join the party....-pool-party.jpg  

"People" are waiting for him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats Kex.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. You have been a great help to myself and many others.

Okay did anybody see my drink? I know I sat it down somewhere over here. Wait here it is........no this one has lipstick on it...........this isn't it............dang..............oh well.

nightflier
    Well with a bar maid like that, Kex is going to have to know what kinds of drinks to order. He should probably start off with an "X-Rated Flirtini." If she's game he could then round second base with a "Buttery Nipple With a Sweet Kiss." Now if he's savvy he'll keep her interested with a tall tale about the time he walked in on an "Ewok Having A Wet Dream While Passed Out In A Laundromat On Olympic Blvd." This will either lead to a meeting with her boyfriend, the"Fiery German" "Hillbilly A**hole" who will hand him his "A** On A Tectonic Plate," or if he's smooth enough, lead to the "Liquid Panty Remover." From there he should quickly proceed to a "Strip And Go Naked Punch," then move on to the "Slow Comfortable Screw Against the Wall With A Bang."

Of course, if he's not too good with words, he could just come right out and ask for "Screaming Sex With The Bartender," and hopefully she won't leave him sitting there with a "Bulge in His Pants" holding a napkin with the number of that "Siberian Slut In Mexico."

Cheers!

(Hope this post doesn't offend anyone, I just couldn't resist).

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Well with a bar maid like that, Kex is going to have to know what kinds of drinks to order. He should probably start off with an "X-Rated Flirtini." If she's game he could then round second base with a "Buttery Nipple With a Sweet Kiss." Now if he's savvy he'll keep her interested with a tall tale about the time he walked in on an "Ewok Having A Wet Dream While Passed Out In A Laundromat On Olympic Blvd." This will either lead to a meeting with her boyfriend, the"Fiery German" "Hillbilly A**hole" who will hand him his "A** On A Tectonic Plate," or if he's smooth enough, lead to the "Liquid Panty Remover." From there he should quickly proceed to a "Strip And Go Naked Punch," then move on to the "Slow Comfortable Screw Against the Wall With A Bang."

Of course, if he's not too good with words, he could just come right out and ask for "Screaming Sex With The Bartender," and hopefully she won't leave him sitting there with a "Bulge in His Pants" holding a napkin with the number of that "Siberian Slut In Mexico."

Cheers!

(Hope this post doesn't offend anyone, I just couldn't resist).
    You left out "Sex on the beach". Got something against sand in your....?

So, the big six triple-oh, eh?

Keep on keepin' on and keep Gmichael away fron the bar servers. His wife'll cut 'em off.

Good stuff, all. You're a great asset to this forum. at least when you agree with me, anyway.

Suspended
    nightflier, can the barmaids have their Bartenders Black Book back. I asked for a "Silk Panties" but they don't seem to know how it make it.

Kex -

Hearty congrats, dude! You don't even look worse for the wear, since I didn't even notice that you were a day over 5k!

BTW, who hired the bartender? My glass doesn't have any lipmarks, but I did find a not-so-straight hair floating on top of the foam!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Kexo,

Thanks for taking the time to compose 6000 posts of which 5950 of them were extremely informative (the other fifty being humour-filled swipes at our favorite printer and his ilk). As a relative newbie myself I appreciate the thoroughness with which you (and a few others) share and edumacate the rest of us. Cheers to you and if I find some borderline inappropriate pics I'll post for party ambiance.

It looks like either 'flier was busy with Google or knows a bartender. I was curious to see if/how he was gonna be able to work a "Swirling To The Beat Of The Haggis Wings" in there. I always hated drinks with egg whites.

Peace Out
    Last edited by bobsticks; 07-23-2007 at 05:57 PM.

nightflier
    GM, you're going to get me in trouble on this board. Sex on the beach is overrated, really, and since it's often overdone with vodka (usually by cheap bartenders), it does slow down the blood flow (which isn't good, if you know what I mean). I would recommend a variant, Sex On The Beach Raspberry-Melon. It's sweeter, tangier, has greater pucker-potential, which always helps. Of course, if you're so sloshed that there's no way you'll make it to the beach without passing out, you could always just go for Sex On The Bar, it's even sweeter & creamier.

Rich, sounds like you may have tried to move too fast - if the barmaid asks for her panties back, that means it wasn't that good and she's not planning on coming back for more. It's all about being smooth, you know.

Hey, has Kex shown up yet? After all it's his party, right? The bar maid's getting bored with corny drink requests.
    Last edited by nightflier; 07-23-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Where's the G*Damn Penguin!!!!!????

"Penguins are practically chickens".......

Da Worfster

Congrats Brother!!!!

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    6000! and no small portion of those were a great help to me! Thanks!

I can't find the beer fridge, all I see is sub-woofers...

Hell Kex, your not 6K...just 3K with tons of experience.

Congratulations and I hope to tap your noggin for as much knowledge as I can. Peace

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

LDB
    Last edited by Luvin Da Blues; 07-24-2007 at 04:01 AM.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    I can't find the beer fridge, all I see is sub-woofers...
    one there *points to the first fridge* and another one over there in the kitchen *points at kitchen*

maybe the beer is all gone already; but do you see that door there? we cleared a room and filled it with ice and beer, see it as 'extra supplies', plenty enough there

Kex, c'mon man, enjoy yer party
    Last edited by basite; 07-24-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    (Kex enters the room)

"Hey guys I --what the...HEYYYY!!"

Geez,GM, any excuse for a party eh?...gotta admit, I do like your taste in...err, service providers.

Thanks for the love fellas...I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, the church choir, mom and dad, and I hope I don't forget anyone else.

Seriously, I don't think much about post count - I'm unlucky enough to spend much of the week in airports and motels, and more recently, 8 months as a lonely bachelor with more free time than I should have had. I have only a few serious hobbies - DIY/audio is one of them and this just happens to be the forum I frequent the most (with honorable mention to some AVS and some DIY forums). I guess I should thank you guys for helping me pass some otherwise boring minutes on the road.

I've learned an aweful lot in the 5+ years I've been here (just under 4 yrs with the "kexodusc" moniker). Prior to stumbling on this site I learned everything I know from some older audiophiles and hi-fi shop salesmen. Man, was I screwed up! :P
    I've gone from Wharfedale/Nad and PSB/Marantz stereo and HT systems through too many other incarnations to mention in a short time, but I have to give credit to this site for helping me pursue audio bliss. Best things I've learned here:

1) receivers can be used as pre-pros (not kidding, my old receivers circa late 1990's didn't have pre-outs, didn't know they could - when I found out I put a lot of power amps to use)
    2) room acoustics - other than poorly conceived mattress foam used as corner traps, I'd never given any thought to it - Wooch, Sir T and a few others deserve credit for IMO the 2nd biggest contributor to my system's sound quality (behind speakers).
    3) Subwoofers - the aforementioned salesmen and audiophiles basically reduced a subwoofer to a home theater gimmick device, and I certainly treated it that way for a few years. Not anymore.
    4) 5.1 system calibration - beyond setting up the front mains in a stereo config (and believing the front mains were level matched because they were the same distance away from me) that was about the extent of it...maybe setting my speakers to large and crossing over to my sub as low as I could go (50 Hz or so) and probably set way to loud

I think it's safe to say few people had acquired and gone through as much gear while remaining totally oblivious as I had as newb until I came here. Be kind to newbies! We all started somewhere.

Anyway, I appreciate the sentiments fellas...but I think it's safe to say everyone's waiting for the next two real big parties - GM's 6000th and 7000th posts.

Now where's that bar maid...

Suspended
    LET'S EAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    (Kex enters the room)

"Hey guys I --what the...HEYYYY!!"

Geez,GM, any excuse for a party eh?...gotta admit, I do like your taste in...err, service providers.

Thanks for the love fellas...I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, the church choir, mom and dad, and I hope I don't forget anyone else.

Seriously, I don't think much about post count - I'm unlucky enough to spend much of the week in airports and motels, and more recently, 8 months as a lonely bachelor with more free time than I should have had. I have only a few serious hobbies - DIY/audio is one of them and this just happens to be the forum I frequent the most (with honorable mention to some AVS and some DIY forums). I guess I should thank you guys for helping me pass some otherwise boring minutes on the road.

I've learned an aweful lot in the 5+ years I've been here (just under 4 yrs with the "kexodusc" moniker). Prior to stumbling on this site I learned everything I know from some older audiophiles and hi-fi shop salesmen. Man, was I screwed up! :P
    I've gone from Wharfedale/Nad and PSB/Marantz stereo and HT systems through too many other incarnations to mention in a short time, but I have to give credit to this site for helping me pursue audio bliss. Best things I've learned here:

1) receivers can be used as pre-pros (not kidding, my old receivers circa late 1990's didn't have pre-outs, didn't know they could - when I found out I put a lot of power amps to use)
    2) room acoustics - other than poorly conceived mattress foam used as corner traps, I'd never given any thought to it - Wooch, Sir T and a few others deserve credit for IMO the 2nd biggest contributor to my system's sound quality (behind speakers).
    3) Subwoofers - the aforementioned salesmen and audiophiles basically reduced a subwoofer to a home theater gimmick device, and I certainly treated it that way for a few years. Not anymore.
    4) 5.1 system calibration - beyond setting up the front mains in a stereo config (and believing the front mains were level matched because they were the same distance away from me) that was about the extent of it...maybe setting my speakers to large and crossing over to my sub as low as I could go (50 Hz or so) and probably set way to loud

I think it's safe to say few people had acquired and gone through as much gear while remaining totally oblivious as I had as newb until I came here. Be kind to newbies! We all started somewhere.

Anyway, I appreciate the sentiments fellas...but I think it's safe to say everyone's waiting for the next two real big parties - GM's 6000th and 7000th posts.

Now where's that bar maid...
    KEX IS HERE! Time for some real drinking now.

First off, you forgot to thank your wife. Shame on you.

Second, yes, anything to party about is a good thing.

Third, now is not the time to be analyzing my system. Have a drink will ya?

Fourth, here are two alternate bar tenders for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information