Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Sorry Mike, didn't mean to put you on the spot with the Party. But if a gathering of like minded fools would to take place to toast chez GMichael, you can count me in.
    How is it progressing?

Peace

Bernd
    Just got off the phone with our builder. He's pouring the foundation today. I have the application for water hook-up ready to be sent in (with a check for $800) and the gas hook-up application goes in the mail tomorrow. Funny thing with the gas form. I have to sign that I agree to pay "the charges." No mention as to what those charges are. Not that I have much choice.
    Framing will begin after the bank inspects the foundation and sends our builder a check for it.

As for the party, let's have it over a long weekend. I don't have a mega system like some here are used to, but it does OK. And there will be some kind of music in every room. I even have a TT from the dark ages. We'll have two refrigerators so there will be plenty of brew. Maybe some wine for you, JohnMichael & a few other wine & cheese guys.
    I've talked to a few of the girls in the mud competition. Some may be busy, but there should be a few that can make it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    How can anyone expect Muslims to get along with Jews or anyone else when they can't get along with each other? They are fighting each other over a question of the succession of the prophet. Any group of nuts who go to war over who was next in line to lead a couple of hundred years ago will have difficulty getting along with anyone.
    If you think dealing with Isreal and the Jewish state is bad, think about a middle east with nothing but Muslims. Think about a religion where changing to Christianity or anything else is cause for execution? Think about a religion that advocates no education for women. Think about a religion that allows no one, not even unbelievers to make jokes about Muhammed. Think about a religion that has no concept of the separation of church and state. Think about a religion that wants a completely Islamic world. Think about a religion that tolerates no other religions? ....... As I said you are just a bigot trying his best to sound reasonable. All things considered you are still nothing more than a bigot.
    (i realize intent/tone is hard to decipher at times online, since you can't "hear" the tone, but this is not meant as an attack and meant in as friendly/peaceably a tone as possible )
    Hate getting involved in these discussions, and fwiw, i also am not a fan of organized religion, but it just seems (and i obviously dont know all your views, just going on this discussion) that you are as closed-minded about islam and muslims as this guy is about israel and jews. i am not an expert of all religions by any stretch, but i've studied a few of them and am the most familiar with islam (and all its, along with many other religions', faults). Take the above paragraph, if you inserted "culture" in every place you have "religion" i would agree with you (other than the making fun of the prophet, which, i believe you are correct is in the religios texts that say that, however i agree that this doesnt make any sense to me either, and i dont believe it is in the koran itself but of the secondary texts of islam). the culture of arab states is abhorable, the religion of islam, while, yes, having its own faults, is not nerely as brutal as the culture. your statement of "Think about a religion that tolerates no other religions?" is false. Islam tolerates all other religions and believes in all the other prophets, the arab cultures, on the other hand, do not. just seems like his myopic take on israel/jews is similar to yours on islam. there are a great number of fanatics out there of all religions, and yes the muslim fanatics are quite possibly the worst and are scary as hell, but i'd like to think we dont condemn all on the basis of the few. (otherwise i guess all american born, white males in their 30s are serial killers). yes there are extremists in iran and that is troublesome, but i take it you know the viewpoint of every single irani citizen? personally i do know people from iran who love this country (america), the opportunities they have been given here and do not agree with the anti-american sentiment ascribed to all iranians. that's just my own experience, i guess yours have been different.

and your statement: "How can anyone expect Muslims to get along with Jews or anyone else when they can't get along with each other?"
    We here in america are a bright shining example of that ourselves. it is kinda tough to point our collective finger, imo, at third world/ muslim nations and say: oh look you lil people, arguing amongst each other like little kids who just can't get along... we have quite a few problems here we need to take care of here ourselves before we can step up any moral ladder.
    Just would be nice if we could all get along, not likely i'm sure, and i may be a fool for hoping for peace, but i'll gladly be the fool and go on hoping, rather than admit we are all going to hate each other forever.
    peace
    k2
    /create

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Answer to yesterday's...

...question: Judah P. Benjamin, Attorney-General of the Confederacy.

I love it when critics of certain racial or religious groups are instantly labeled card-carrying members of the KKK when unpleasant and/or critical remarks about those groups are made.

Examples such as, free blacks in the south owned slaves, black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery and now add to the list: Jews were complicit in the slave trade.

Given the fact that down through history, Jews were and are a dominant and (some might say) controlling segment of the financial and mercantile elite...further that four continents and countless individuals and groups were involved in the trans-Atlantic slave trade...it is really beyond reason to somehow ignore those facts and categorically exculpate them from any participation in the trade.

Some salient text follows:

"...The history that the old "Black-Jewish Coalition" clumsily avoids is the entire three century history of Jewish presence in South America and the Caribbean. But other highly acclaimed Jewish scholars have not been so blind:

Lee M. Friedman, a one-time president of the American Jewish Historical Society, wrote that in Brazil, where most of the Africans actually went, "the bulk of the slave trade was in the hands of Jewish settlers."

Marcus Arkin wrote that the Jews of Surinam used "many thousands" of Black slaves.

Herbert I. Bloom wrote that "the slave trade was one of the most important Jewish activities here (in Surinam) as elsewhere in the colonies." He even published a 1707 list of Jewish buyers by name with the number of Black humans they purchased.

Cecil Roth, writer of 30 books and hundreds of articles on Jewish history, wrote that the slave revolts in parts of South America "were largely directed against [Jews] as being the greatest slave-holders of the region."

"I gather," wrote Jewish scholar Wilfred Samuels, "that the Jews [of Barbados] made a good deal of their money by purchasing and hiring out negroes..."

According to the Jewish historians, all Barbadian Jews owned slaves - even the rabbi had "the enjoyment of his own two negro attendants."
    In Curaçao which was a major slave trading depot, Isaac and Susan Emmanuel report that "the shipping business was mainly a Jewish enterprise."

Says yet another Jewish writer of the Jews of Curaçao, "Almost every Jew bought from one to nine slaves for his personal use or for eventual resale."

Seymour B. Liebman in his New World Jewry, made it clear that "[t]he ships were not only owned by Jews, but were manned by Jewish crews and sailed under the command of Jewish captains."

Moshe Kahan stated bluntly that in 1653-1658, " Jewish-Marrano merchants were in control of the Spanish and Portuguese trade, were almost in control of the Levantine trade...were interested in the Dutch East and West Indian companies, were heavily involved in shipping; and, most important, had at their disposal large amounts of capital."

In Brazil, where most of our kidnapped ancestors were sent, Jewish scholar Arnold Wiznitzer is most explicit about Jewish involvement:
    "Besides their important position in the sugar industry and in tax farming, they dominated the slave trade. From 1636 to 1645 a total of 23,163 Negro slaves arrived from Africa and were sold for 6,714,423 florins. The West India Company, which monopolized imports of slaves from Africa, sold slaves at public auctions against cash payment. It happened that cash was mostly in the hands of Jews. The buyers who appeared at the auctions were almost always Jews, and because of this lack of competitors they could buy slaves at low prices. On the other hand, there also was no competition in the selling of the slaves to the plantation owners and other buyers, and most of them purchased on credit payable at the next harvest in sugar. Profits up to 300 percent of the purchase value were often realized with high interest rates....If it happened that the date of such an auction fell on a Jewish holiday the auction had to be postponed. This occurred on Friday, October 21, 1644."

Jews and Slavery in the Old South

The Jewish critics prefer to focus on the history of slavery in America while ignoring our kidnapped African family in other parts of the Western Hemisphere. This attempt to focus the debate is designed to limit our historical inquiry and to suggest that we Blacks are to care only about our Black family within America's political boundaries. This view also conveniently limits the consideration of evidence of direct Jewish involvement as whip-wielders in the slave trade which is so abundant in the southern part of the Western Hemisphere. By the time of the Jewish migration into what is now the United States, Jews were less involved in the direct trade but remained significant beneficiaries by their involvement in the plantation economy.

Jews in the South were of the merchant class, according to a Jewish historian, having developed "a separate and distinctive accommodation to the plantation economy." The Southern planters depended upon these merchants to move their produce to market as well as for a source of supplies and financing. Jews had become commission merchants, brokers, auctioneers, cotton wholesalers, slave clothing dealers, and peddlers, keeping the slave economy oiled with money, markets and supplies...."

While there may be an agenda on the authors part, there would certainly seem to be a number of historians, Jewish historians at that, who concur with the premise of Jewish complicity in the slave trade.

The complete article is here:

http://www.blacksandjews.com/Jews_and_Slavery.html

So while one might prefer to be complacently blinded by their own naivete' on the subject, they do so at their own peril.

With regard to other statements in Joebialek's post, there is some info in this prior posting that may be food for thought:

http://forums.audioreview.com/off-topic-non-audio/so-flo-you-learn-your-mistakes-eh-13677-3.html#post104940

While it's original intent was a bit different, the info contained therein (the Balfour document, formation of the Arab League, etc.) is still applicable...Israel and it's policies are a significant problem for the region.

jimHJJ(...and as unpleasant as it might be to some, there is no denying it...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    RL,
    When I was studying slavery the fact the Jews showed up so prominately in slave trade really surprised me. Considering the history of slavery within the Jewish culture, I thought they would be the last group of folks having anything to do with this henious practice. Upon further reading I found that during the height of african slave trade, just about every country from Europe to the middle east was involved in slave trade in some fashion. Arabs were also.

This just goes to show that quite a few people do not seem to learn from history. Even there own. Interesting enough, it was Jews that helped me early in my film mixing career, and I am forever greatful to those people for it.

In the end, people are people. No matter what culture or religion they come from. There is good, and bad in them all. That is why I chose to look at people, and not races or religions. No one race or religion has cornered the market on hate and evil.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Forum Regular

Uh, right...

BTW, a few human groups stand out, at least relatively. I think of the Inuit and the Irish, but I'm sure there are others more peaceable than most [nevermind those bar fights]. Maybe it's a simple matter of the percentage of sociopaths born into a population...
    [/quote]

Come on trollgirl, have you not heard of northern Ireland. There are two Christian factions fighting over things. They have been doing so for years. I know there are those who will blame the British but that's neither fair nor completely accurate.[/QUOTE]

...yes, I know all about that. However, I was trying to say that I know of no major massacres done by the Inuit or the Irish. I know that the Inuit wiped out the Viking's West Greenland colony, but they had good reason. As for the Belfast area, remember that it has more of that English blood than the rest of the island. That may not be fair or completely accurate, surely not PC, but there it is. Heck, I'm mostly English myself, but I identify more with my Swedish heritage. It's hard to hang bad things on the Swedes.

Laz

BTW, that's my name {Laz} - don't call me Trollgirl.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    ... just about every country from Europe to the middle east was involved in slave trade in some fashion. Arabs were also.
    Yes, I read recently that Arab raiders pretty much broke European sea power in the Mediterranian Sea. They raided for slaves as far away as Iceland. You've seen the Greek and Italian costal towns which are perched way up on hills above the shore? Now you know why. Many thousands of Europeans ended their days as slaves in north Africa. If you learn enough, you find that we're all the same boat.

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    Laz

BTW, that's my name {Laz} - don't call me Trollgirl.
    My most humble apologies. I was using the only name I was aware of. In the future you will be known as Laz to me.
    JoeE
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

You're right about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd

On top of that we have better Beer over here.

Peace

Bernd
    We've get better beer in Canada too.

And I resemble that 'burbs' remark from whoever.

Paragarphs ...

Quote Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK
    In a recent publication of U.S. News and World Report, David Gergen wrote an editorial titled "An Unfair Attack". In the article he issues a rebuttal to an article written by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walttitles {"The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy"}. Gergen states the following: "In essence, their 82-page piece argues that U.S. policy in the Middle East has been hijacked by a pro-Israel "Lobby." "The core of the Lobby," they say, "is comprised of American Jews who make a significant effort in their daily lives to bend U.S. foreign policy so that it advances Israel's interests." As a result, "the United States has a terrorism problem in good part because it is so closely allied with Israel." I agree with Mearsheimer and Walttitles.
    [ A tinge of validity here. ]

Back in 1948 when the Jewish state of Israel was created, the United States and Britain agreed to allow it to exist in its present place of location. Evidently no thought was given to the long term effects of creating such a state in the middle of so many Arab countries. It would have been wiser to use this land to create a place where all three major religions could visit to practice their faiths but not be allowed to reside their. The State of Israel should have been established anywhere but the Middle East. Consequently, the United States has obligated itself to support a so-called democratic Jewish state against potential threats from the Arab monarchial dictatorships. This has indeed opened the door to undue influence from the "Jewish lobby" not only on U.S. policy in the Middle East but also on domestic policy as well. Few could doubt the negative influence they have on the media and the entertainment industry.
    [ Umm ... you've gone 'way too far ]

As for negative stereotypes, the Jews have been known to create their own. Everything from their materialistic money mongering to their history of being forcefully removed from so many countries. It always seems very ironic that the Jews continue to decry themselves as the only victims of a holocaust where in fact their own bible describes in detail how they massacred many nations and cultures. Some historians believe it was their investment money that helped sponsor the African slave trade. Even their own Talmud states that "Jesus is in hell and is being punished by being boiled in semen." Still further, while the Jews advocate diversity in the United States, only those born into Jewish families may attain citizenship in Israel. Mearsheimer and Walttitles are right and therefore the United States should withdraw from its support of Israel. Perhaps then will the so-called chosen people wisen up and learn to get along peacefully with the rest of the world.
    [ Sorry, you're over the top ] .
    Jew in the United State are overwhelming pro-Zionist; it has been that way since early in the last century. It's the same in here Canada. Politically correct or not to mention it, these are the facts.

I have heard more than one Jewish acquaintance say, " I don't care whether Israel is right or wrong ... "

Nevermind my post was too extreme.

I say "**** religion", If you think your "Gods chosen Race, then **** you!" and if you are called "Gods speaker on Earth, then **** you too!"

I am against any and all religion, no matter if Christian, Jew, Muslim or any other! This crap creates more dead bodys then anything else. And yes, Germans live in Germany, Italiens live in Italy, French live in France and so on and thats the way it should stay!
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Nevermind my post was too extreme.

I say "**** religion", If you think your "Gods chosen Race, then **** you!" and if you are called "Gods speaker on Earth, then **** you too!"

I am against any and all religion, no matter if Christian, Jew, Muslim or any other! This crap creates more dead bodys then anything else. And yes, Germans live in Germany, Italiens live in Italy, French live in France and so on and thats the way it should stay!
    Satan as a son ! Please keep your comment on religion to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Satan as a son ! Please keep your comment on religion to you.
    I will do no such thing! I am against every single and all religions there are! But as you guys say: "God loves and has a purpose for everyone".

Peace!

PS: You cant accept my opinion, and get angry already. And your wondering about the world problems?
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

[QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible
    In the end, people are people. No matter what culture or religion they come from. There is good, and bad in them all. That is why I chose to look at people, and not races or religions. No one race or religion has cornered the market on hate and evil.[/QUOTE]Words well spoken ,hope everyone would see the world this way.

I will do no such thing! I am against every single and all religions there are! But as you guys say: "God loves and has a purpose for everyone".

Peace!

PS: You cant accept my opinion, and get angry already. And your wondering about the world problems?
    If I would see people as you ,all German and Germany should be exterminated from the face of the earth after what was done in the concentration camp.But Im not like this I have German friends in Canada and dont blame them for their country past.

Didn't you say that you lived part time in the states?

And yes, Germans live in Germany, Italiens live in Italy, French live in France and so on and thats the way it should stay!
    Somewhat hypocritical of you, isn't it?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Just got off the phone with our builder. He's pouring the foundation today. I have the application for water hook-up ready to be sent in (with a check for $800) and the gas hook-up application goes in the mail tomorrow. Funny thing with the gas form. I have to sign that I agree to pay "the charges." No mention as to what those charges are. Not that I have much choice.
    Framing will begin after the bank inspects the foundation and sends our builder a check for it.

As for the party, let's have it over a long weekend. I don't have a mega system like some here are used to, but it does OK. And there will be some kind of music in every room. I even have a TT from the dark ages. We'll have two refrigerators so there will be plenty of brew. Maybe some wine for you, JohnMichael & a few other wine & cheese guys.
    I've talked to a few of the girls in the mud competition. Some may be busy, but there should be a few that can make it.

Sounds like a great time. Enjoying your system and company. I wonder if there is an audio store where you can register for housewarming gifts. If not I guess we could buy something for the house.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Sounds like a great time. Enjoying your system and company. I wonder if there is an audio store where you can register for housewarming gifts. If not I guess we could buy something for the house.
    JohnMichael,

That's a good idea and a nice touch. Count me in.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Just bring copies of your favorite CD's & DVD's. Or LP's, cassets or 8-tracks.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

All people have good & bad in them. No one is all good. No one is all bad.
    Same goes for countries, races & religions. Sir TTT is on the right track. View each person for who they are. Not where they came from. Not what color they are. Not how much money they have. And not what God they pray or don't pray too. Remember that no matter how bad someone is, there is always a little good hidden somewhere inside. The reverse is also true.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    All people have good & bad in them. No one is all good. No one is all bad.
    Same goes for countries, races & religions. Sir TTT is on the right track. View each person for who they are. Not where they came from. Not what color they are. Not how much money they have. And not what God they pray or don't pray too. Remember that no matter how bad someone is, there is always a little good hidden somewhere inside. The reverse is also true.
    I am basically a nice guy, but I do have the moniker Sir Terrence the Terrible because of my previous poor behavior.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    If I would see people as you ,all German and Germany should be exterminated from the face of the earth after what was done in the concentration camp.But Im not like this I have German friends in Canada and dont blame them for their country past.
    It might interest you to know that it was the British who invented the concentration camp, first used, as far as I know, here in America in the 1770's and 1780's. One signer of the Declaration of Independence never saw his wife or children again. Many people disappeared that way, in that time and place. The British also used concentration camps against the Boers, and it was quite barbaric. Everybody, quit kicking the Nazis, for we all deserve a boot in the butt.

Laz

Suspended
    only a Jew finds the truth anti-semitic

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Thumbs down

Oh God, not you again. More wisdom to share with us, eh? Erudire and succinct.

Go back under your bridge...

Funny, I'm not Jewish and I find your post anti-semetic.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK
    only a Jew finds the truth anti-semitic
    Half truths notwithstanding, you're a typical internet troll.

Ban this flucker once and for all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information