Hey guys,

Thinking of making the big upgrade to a DLP projector. Costco is having a fantastic offer on the Infocus DLP 4805 w/ 76" draper widescreen screen for only $999. So I figure, what the hey? If I can get +/- 5 years out of it with maybe one bulb replacement, then I consider it worth it.

I'll be using it in a room with 3 windows, but with blinds AND drapes over them. I won't be using it for daytime television. The only time I'd be using it for television would be for NFL/MLB games every now and then (go Pats and Sox!). It would be about 95% for DVDs and mostly evening/night time, so the lighting issue isn't a problem.

However, some questions:

1. I've done LOTS of reading on this projector, and native is 480, so it doesn't actually project at true 1080iHD. However, people have stated that the picture is still truly phenomenal since it upgrades the incoming HD signal. Is this true? Anyone know?

2. Do you think it's a smart "short term" purchase? Like I said, if I can get 5 years out of it, it will be replaced with a higher end on in that time. It just seems like a no brainer for $1000 to get a nice 76" picture.

3. The projector has countless 5 star reviews, can anyone who has one or seen one confirm that the picture really is that good? I'm not saying compare it to a $20k Runco, but taking price into consideration, does the picture compete/better DLP projection TVs? How about compared to plasmas?

4. Is keystone correction hard to achieve? I just don't know how flexible the placement of the projector is until bring it home.

5. Anything else in the price range +/- $200 that I should consider, and why? I can always make my own screen for <$100

Thanks!