AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking New Yamaha RX-V650 under the tree!!!

HI Everybody:
    I recently decided to retire my old reciever (Kenwood VR309).I rreally wasn't in the market until I went into a local Hi-Fi store and was blown away by the amount of reciever you get for the $$$. My old rig is only a few years old and man did things ever change.I auditioned several recievers, compared features, prices, and went on the net and read everything I could about the recievers on my short list...which included The Denon 1804, Haman Kardon 130-230, Yamaha rx-v650 and 750, Marantz sr5300, I even looked at a Nad but thought they were a little too much coin. When the dust settled...it was the Denon and Yamaha rx-v650 left standing. The Rx-v750 is almost the same as the 650 except for the remote,component up-coversion vs s-video in the 650.The extra $140.00 Can. for the 750 was not worth it to me.All the recievers were nice and I would be proud to own any of them but I think the RX-V650 offers the most for the money. I paid $550.00 Ca. for mine( regular $650.00 can) The Denon 1804 I could have gotten for the same as it was a demo model and almost a year old(it was regular $899.00) The denon I walked away from, due to lack of Pre-outs. I want to upgrade my Paradigm Mini-monitors to towers in the future. The marantz was also a left over unit on the shelf that I could have gotten for $599.00 Can) The Nad and H.K were too much $$$
    for what they had to offer. All very nice rigs all with good reputations. But the Yamaha RX-V650 is gaining a big reputation as being the best value in recievers today. If you are looking at one,go on the forums here and in the U.K. and you will see that Yamaha has hit a home run with this unit. Oh well mine is yet to be hooked up in my home as I have to wait till Santa comes ..hurry Santa hurry I've been a good boy all year ( well most all of the year)

ROB

Dude, that is a sweet gift from Santa...you must have been a good boy. I'm sure you'll love the upgrade from Kenwood to Yammie. Let everyone know how she sounds

AR Newbie Registered Member

Thank you Santa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    Dude, that is a sweet gift from Santa...you must have been a good boy. I'm sure you'll love the upgrade from Kenwood to Yammie. Let everyone know how she sounds
    Hi Guy's:
    Hope you all have a wonderfull Christmas, Mine has been great thus far...however my midrift is getting bigger by the day! Well last night I finally got to hook up my new RX-V650 and I was delighted. First of all I could not believe how easy this reciever was to set-up using the YPAO. Although the sub was set a little too low for my taste so I am still fine tuning. The sound quality was a noticeable improvement from my old Kenwood and I kept shaking my head as to how much reciever I got for the money. Still playing with some of my favorite media and I am absolutely thrilled with the 7 channel stereo and Dolby Pro L2 music. Can't wait to give it a longer test period. I love playing with new toy's and this is my favorite.

Thread Information