Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Suspended
    Took ya long enough.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I took you off my ignore list for this?!?!?! First you're kind enough to congratulate me on my purchase, then you almost immediately bad-mouth the product. WTF???

And... did you mean the GOOD FOLKS AT LOGITECH???

Time to flip the switch again...
    Sorry Rich, but like peruvians girlfriends everythings relative.
    For the price harmony aint that bad, at least they're introducing more people to the goodness of a universal remote.
    And didn't you know?
    EVERYTHING audio related is directly (or indirectly) owned by Harmon international,
    or soon will be
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Sorry Rich, but like peruvians girlfriends everythings relative.
    For the price harmony aint that bad, at least they're introducing more people to the goodness of a universal remote.
    And didn't you know?
    EVERYTHING audio related is directly (or indirectly) owned by Harmon international,
    or soon will be
    I didn't realize that I had a girlfriend...I wonder if my wife knows? Hmmm. Nice attempt at humor though, although it only comes across as childish antics from our resident troll. Apparently you live in your own little world because i'm not the one around here with a bright red glowing reputation, which means no one really takes anything you say as for more than a few wasted...pixels worth.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I didn't realize that I had a girlfriend...I wonder if my wife knows? Hmmm. Nice attempt at humor though, although it only comes across as childish antics from our resident troll. Apparently you live in your own little world because i'm not the one around here with a bright red glowing reputation, which means no one really takes anything you say as for more than a few wasted...pixels worth.
    Well, when the opinions of others matter a little less to you, maybe you will develope
    a few of your own.
    And you have a wife? Cousin or neice?
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Well, when the opinions of others matter a little less to you, maybe you will develope
    a few of your own.
    And you have a wife? Cousin or neice?
    Again, nice try. Here's a tip that I don't think they taught in Bama....

The word "N-I-E-C-E"

Remember the rule: "I" before "E" except after "C".
    Last edited by PeruvianSkies; 09-13-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Again, nice try. Here's a tip that I don't think they tough in Bama....

The word "N-I-E-C-E"

Remember the rule: "I" before "E" except after "C".
    taught T-A-U-G-H-T
    Should have learned that the second time they held you back in the second grade
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

taught T-A-U-G-H-T
    Should have learned that the second time they held you back in the second grade
    At least I fix my mistakes, instead of living with them. Now go away troll.

At least I fix my mistakes, instead of living with them. Now go away troll.
    Somebodies gotta stay around and keep you on your toes (that is plural isn't it)?
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Somebodies gotta stay around and keep you on your toes (that is plural isn't it)?
    That's OK, no need to do me any favors...you can quietly leave and no one would miss you. OR, stay around and actually contribute in a healthy manner to this site, which thus far you seem incapable of and the responses from others only prove that further. The reason we have issues with you is because of the way you come across. If you could just tweak that it wouldn't be an issue, but instead you insist on being ignorant with your opinions, which you pass off as either fact or a prediction of the future, neither of which are 100% guaranteed to be true.

For the life of me I don't understand why you can't just play by the rules around here and just blend in. It can't be fun being the resident troll. If you want people to respect you and actually respect what you have to say on this hobby, than you seriously need to change your ways a bit. That's just my advice, not that you asked or that you are even going to consider taking it, but I am throwing it out there.

Took ya long enough.
    I've been around. Just been doing alot of reading lately. Thinking about picking up an integrated amp with HT passthrough.

Suspended
    Cool! Another review coming soon? Some worthwhile reading again?

Cool

That's OK, no need to do me any favors...you can quietly leave and no one would miss you. OR, stay around and actually contribute in a healthy manner to this site, which thus far you seem incapable of and the responses from others only prove that further. The reason we have issues with you is because of the way you come across. If you could just tweak that it wouldn't be an issue, but instead you insist on being ignorant with your opinions, which you pass off as either fact or a prediction of the future, neither of which are 100% guaranteed to be true.

For the life of me I don't understand why you can't just play by the rules around here and just blend in. It can't be fun being the resident troll. If you want people to respect you and actually respect what you have to say on this hobby, than you seriously need to change your ways a bit. That's just my advice, not that you asked or that you are even going to consider taking it, but I am throwing it out there.
    Thats really funny.
    I think the main problem is I threaten your ego.
    I have been doing this sort of thing for four decades, and have forgotten more about this stuff than you will probably know, and you know that, you really do.
    Thats the problem with coming to a new site, people think you're a newborn because
    you just started posting.
    Well, I took several of your precious CRT televisions apart and put them back together,
    IN THE 1970'S.
    The precursor to those "great" pioneer receivers you talk about, the SX- series, they were made before Pioneer sold out to the mass market. The stuff they put out today looks like toys by comparison. They use IC chips instead of discrete componets whenever possibe,
    much like Sony does. This is called "progress".
    I have seen dozens of so called "formats" come and go, and have gotten to where I can tell which will stay, and which will go. This is financial preservation, you get tired of shelling out money for stuff that wont be around too long, its this experience, hard won,
    which shows me just what will be gone in a few years.
    The moon landing is history for you, I watched it live, I was 12 years old.
    And some of the stuff I say is "ignorant" to you just because you don't understand
    enough to know what I'm talking about, and thats YOUR problem
    As for "troll" behaviour well, YOU'RE the one who keeps attacking ME, I only respond
    to your drivel, which is plentifull.
    You think the secret of a great "HT" is shelling out a ton of money, well, I could put together a better system than your uninspired, poorly integrated junk with my milk money
    I just wish someone would change your diaper, might improve your disposition
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Thats really funny.
    I think the main problem is I threaten your ego.
    I have been doing this sort of thing for four decades, and have forgotten more about this stuff than you will probably know, and you know that, you really do.
    Thats the problem with coming to a new site, people think you're a newborn because
    you just started posting.
    Well, I took several of your precious CRT televisions apart and put them back together,
    IN THE 1970'S.
    The precursor to those "great" pioneer receivers you talk about, the SX- series, they were made before Pioneer sold out to the mass market. The stuff they put out today looks like toys by comparison. They use IC chips instead of discrete componets whenever possibe,
    much like Sony does. This is called "progress".
    I have seen dozens of so called "formats" come and go, and have gotten to where I can tell which will stay, and which will go. This is financial preservation, you get tired of shelling out money for stuff that wont be around too long, its this experience, hard won,
    which shows me just what will be gone in a few years.
    The moon landing is history for you, I watched it live, I was 12 years old.
    And some of the stuff I say is "ignorant" to you just because you don't understand
    enough to know what I'm talking about, and thats YOUR problem
    As for "troll" behaviour well, YOU'RE the one who keeps attacking ME, I only respond
    to your drivel, which is plentifull.
    You think the secret of a great "HT" is shelling out a ton of money, well, I could put together a better system than your uninspired, poorly integrated junk with my milk money
    I just wish someone would change your diaper, might improve your disposition
    Again, you are making an opinion about what I have without knowing anything about it. You trash talk my stuff, yet you don't even post pictures of what you have, so everyone just assumes what you have is true, which if it is...so what. You haven't even heard my system...so what do you know about it? Nor do you know how hard I've worked for what I have and made investments into it, but if you want to write it off, so be it, you are the fool for judging something without hearing it. Just typical. You think that just because you are older, that you know everything and that makes you a bigger fool than you think. A wise-man is willing to accept the things that he doesn't know in an attempt to gain knowledge from the areas that he knows nothing about. A fool thinks he's wise by not accepting the things that he knows nothing about and therefore only thinks that he knows everything because he hasn't accepted the fact that there is more to learn.

Cool

Again, you are making an opinion about what I have without knowing anything about it. You trash talk my stuff, yet you don't even post pictures of what you have, so everyone just assumes what you have is true, which if it is...so what. You haven't even heard my system...so what do you know about it? Nor do you know how hard I've worked for what I have and made investments into it, but if you want to write it off, so be it, you are the fool for judging something without hearing it. Just typical. You think that just because you are older, that you know everything and that makes you a bigger fool than you think. A wise-man is willing to accept the things that he doesn't know in an attempt to gain knowledge from the areas that he knows nothing about. A fool thinks he's wise by not accepting the things that he knows nothing about and therefore only thinks that he knows everything because he hasn't accepted the fact that there is more to learn.

Whatever.
    I do know that I KNOW BUT A FRACTION OF WHAT I CAN KNOW about audio, video
    or life.
    And that fraction is a great deal more than you will ever possess.
    And when I finish refurbing my rather modest set of gear, my "kit" as the English refer to it,
    I promise you will see pictures
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Whatever.
    I do know that I KNOW BUT A FRACTION OF WHAT I CAN KNOW about audio, video
    or life.
    And that fraction is a great deal more than you will ever possess.
    And when I finish refurbing my rather modest set of gear, my "kit" as the English refer to it,
    I promise you will see pictures
    Still doesn't change the fact that you are a troll. Interesting how you think that I have this 'ego' when in fact you happen to be the one forming opinions and down-talking my stuff when you know nothing about it, you have no direct experience with my equipment nor do you sit and listen to it, so how can you form a proper opinion about it? Your experience alone doesn't qualify in this case, because every setup is different and making generalizations about what I have and thinking that it's "uninspired, poorly integrated junk" only shows just how ignorant you are to the world of HiFi.

It's taking you forever to type your response, must be a good one!

Cool

Still doesn't change the fact that you are a troll. Interesting how you think that I have this 'ego' when in fact you happen to be the one forming opinions and down-talking my stuff when you know nothing about it, you have no direct experience with my equipment nor do you sit and listen to it, so how can you form a proper opinion about it? Your experience alone doesn't qualify in this case, because every setup is different and making generalizations about what I have and thinking that it's "uninspired, poorly integrated junk" only shows just how ignorant you are to the world of HiFi.
    You see, thats your problem, you don't know ME.
    Maybe your stuff is the best sounding thing since gabriels horn, but after a dozen or so
    receivers of various types,(including TWO pioneers, one I found in a dumpster) three or four different turntables, god knows how many cassette, SVHS, laserdisc, DVD, CD,
    players and so on, and speakers, GOD, I have had as many as three complete sets of surround at once. Started with Realistics optimus in the seventies when I was 15.
    My "first" surround piece of gear was a breadboarded thing using resistors, seperated the difference information and fed it to amps, if I remember correctly.
    Theres nothing new under the sun, your stuff uses the same class A or AB amps, if its any good the componets are discrete, your toshiba CRT is the same 30in hdtv that Samsung turns out for a half dozen different companies, I had the Samsung tau version,
    nice if obsolete CRT tech. Since Toshiba cheapens everything to save cash I imagine your version isn't quite as good as mine.
    And your PSB speakers came out of the same huge Canadian speaker industry as half a dozen others, there are differences but they are slight.
    You see, electronics companies, in order to save money and gain economies of scale,
    started working together and consolidating decades ago.
    A lot of stuff is similar because its the SAME, the company just gives the specs they want and a few cosmetic features are added, the rest is marketing.
    Your PSB is slightly better than Axioms, and paradigm is "better than your psb",
    and since I have heard paradigms I dont think you have anything to brag about.
    Sorry.
    GM and other car companies started this type of manufacturing and marketing decades
    ago, got busted awhile back for "badge engineering " they called it, selling what basically was Chevy as a Cadillac
    Well, manufacturers today are basically doing the same thing.
    There are a few small companies that survive, but most have been taken over, and what was once something original is now just more of the same mass marketed stuff.
    Kinda like invasion of the body snatchers, except with audio/HT gear
    Just because you paid a lot for your gear doesn't mean they paid a lot making it.
    And thats just one of many things I know that you don't.
    Oh, and I had three pioneer receivers if you count my first, a realistic model from the "shack", bought there because even then I knew that Pioneer made their receivers,
    and they cost less. I knew that back then, you still don't know it.
    BTW Keystone beer is the same as Coors, they just take it off the bottom of the vat,
    kinda like Millers takes "milwalkees best" off of the bottom of their vats.
    Iguess you stuff is somewhere in the middle of the vat
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

You see, thats your problem, you don't know ME.
    Maybe your stuff is the best sounding thing since gabriels horn, but after a dozen or so
    receivers of various types,(including TWO pioneers, one I found in a dumpster) three or four different turntables, god knows how many cassette, SVHS, laserdisc, DVD, CD,
    players and so on, and speakers, GOD, I have had as many as three complete sets of surround at once. Started with Realistics optimus in the seventies when I was 15.
    My "first" surround piece of gear was a breadboarded thing using resistors, seperated the difference information and fed it to amps, if I remember correctly.
    Theres nothing new under the sun, your stuff uses the same class A or AB amps, if its any good the componets are discrete, your toshiba CRT is the same 30in hdtv that Samsung turns out for a half dozen different companies, I had the Samsung tau version,
    nice if obsolete CRT tech. Since Toshiba cheapens everything to save cash I imagine your version isn't quite as good as mine.
    And your PSB speakers came out of the same huge Canadian speaker industry as half a dozen others, there are differences but they are slight.
    You see, electronics companies, in order to save money and gain economies of scale,
    started working together and consolidating decades ago.
    A lot of stuff is similar because its the SAME, the company just gives the specs they want and a few cosmetic features are added, the rest is marketing.
    Your PSB is slightly better than Axioms, and paradigm is "better than your psb",
    and since I have heard paradigms I dont think you have anything to brag about.
    Sorry.
    GM and other car companies started this type of manufacturing and marketing decades
    ago, got busted awhile back for "badge engineering " they called it, selling what basically was Chevy as a Cadillac
    Well, manufacturers today are basically doing the same thing.
    There are a few small companies that survive, but most have been taken over, and what was once something original is now just more of the same mass marketed stuff.
    Kinda like invasion of the body snatchers, except with audio/HT gear
    Just because you paid a lot for your gear doesn't mean they paid a lot making it.
    And thats just one of many things I know that you don't.
    Oh, and I had three pioneer receivers if you count my first, a realistic model from the "shack", bought there because even then I knew that Pioneer made their receivers,
    and they cost less. I knew that back then, you still don't know it.
    BTW Keystone beer is the same as Coors, they just take it off the bottom of the vat,
    kinda like Millers takes "milwalkees best" off of the bottom of their vats.
    Iguess you stuff is somewhere in the middle of the vat
    Car companies and beer....wow, you really just don't have a clue, which is why you revert to senseless babble and try to related audio to cars and beer, it's just gibberish. You seriously think that Paradigm makes a speaker that rivals the PSB Platinums? Really? Maybe they do, I'd be curious to find out. I've heard just about every speaker they make, but never did a side by side with the Platinums, I can tell you that the Stratus Gold's were definitely superior to the Paradigms and Definitive and B&W's that were in the showroom when I demoed a set of them. I can also tell you that the Platinums are superior to the Stratus line, so I doubt that Paradigm can come close, but again....maybe so.

So what's the name of the factory where my speakers came from ?

I could care less what you think of my TV. I bought it on sale, I don't claim to have a great TV, it gets the job done for now, I would much rather wait and make a good decision once the technology develops and prices come down for a better TV or projection system.

Ok, so now you are saying the PSB is 'slightly' better than Axiom, which means you are going against what you said before, which is that they are the same.

It took you about a half-hour to write your response...are you a really slow typer or just a slow thinker? Or both?

Cool

Car companies and beer....wow, you really just don't have a clue, which is why you revert to senseless babble and try to related audio to cars and beer, it's just gibberish. You seriously think that Paradigm makes a speaker that rivals the PSB Platinums? Really? Maybe they do, I'd be curious to find out. I've heard just about every speaker they make, but never did a side by side with the Platinums, I can tell you that the Stratus Gold's were definitely superior to the Paradigms and Definitive and B&W's that were in the showroom when I demoed a set of them. I can also tell you that the Platinums are superior to the Stratus line, so I doubt that Paradigm can come close, but again....maybe so.

So what's the name of the factory where my speakers came from ?

I could care less what you think of my TV. I bought it on sale, I don't claim to have a great TV, it gets the job done for now, I would much rather wait and make a good decision once the technology develops and prices come down for a better TV or projection system.

Ok, so now you are saying the PSB is 'slightly' better than Axiom, which means you are going against what you said before, which is that they are the same.

It took you about a half-hour to write your response...are you a really slow typer or just a slow thinker? Or both?
    I have a half a dozen browsers going right now, squashing a bug every once in awhile is low priority.
    Look at the driver complement on those two pictures you posted of Axioms and PSB.
    Its IDENTICAL, except one PSB driver is bigger, and PSB uses soft cone tweeters.
    Thats it.
    As for your TV I have given TOSHIBA several oportunities, and everything I ever nought from them broke or underperformed. A Toshiba DVd player was the only dvd player I ever had that had banding on the picture, and wouldn't play DTS tracks EVER.
    Considering that you're Toshiba was probably built by someone else maybe you'll have better luck with it.
    But I doubt it
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

I have a half a dozen browsers going right now, squashing a bug every once in awhile is low priority.
    Look at the driver complement on those two pictures you posted of Axioms and PSB.
    Its IDENTICAL, except one PSB driver is bigger, and PSB uses soft cone tweeters.
    Thats it.
    As for your TV I have given TOSHIBA several oportunities, and everything I ever nought from them broke or underperformed. A Toshiba DVd player was the only dvd player I ever had that had banding on the picture, and wouldn't play DTS tracks EVER.
    Considering that you're Toshiba was probably built by someone else maybe you'll have better luck with it.
    But I doubt it
    Oh ok, I get it. So because two speakers look identical on the outside than they MUST sound the same. That's about the most amateurish assumption to ever make in the world of audio. Thousands of speakers look alike, the designs are not that radically different, but the technology below them is what makes them different.

Oh ok, I get it. So because two speakers look identical on the outside than they MUST sound the same. That's about the most amateurish assumption to ever make in the world of audio. Thousands of speakers look alike, the designs are not that radically different, but the technology below them is what makes them different.
    What if they weight the same, or have the same color wood?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I think ALL speaker manufacturers use Elmer's glue. Just like how ALL pizza shops in South Philly and South Jersey use pizza boxes made by one company, and enforced by the mob.

I think ALL speaker manufacturers use Elmer's glue. Just like how ALL pizza shops in South Philly and South Jersey use pizza boxes made by one company, and enforced by the mob.
    Elmer's works great! Never mind that any of the yellow glues also work great.

I think that same box company sells to all the pizza joints up here too.
    But they don't like to be called the mob anymore. They are just businessmen who happen to be good at the art of persuasion.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    What if they weight the same, or have the same color wood?
    Yeah, that's it! Darker colored speakers sound darker and lighter ones sound lighter. I medium finish sounds more neutral of course. The bigger ones sound bigger and the smaller ones sound smaller. Also, if they are made in Canada they all comes from the same Gov't run factory, which screws them together in order to match the timber in the voices of all true Canadians, like Randy Travis, the National Canadian Factory Workers Spokesman.

Yeah, that's it! Darker colored speakers sound darker and lighter ones sound lighter. I medium finish sounds more neutral of course. The bigger ones sound bigger and the smaller ones sound smaller. Also, if they are made in Canada they all comes from the same Gov't run factory, which screws them together in order to match the timber in the voices of all true Canadians, like Randy Travis, the National Canadian Factory Workers Spokesman.
    That's it! Now I know why Geddy's voice sounds so high on all of my Rush CD's They must have twisted the screws in too tight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information