Forum Regular

A little help please (simple integra review)

Hi my family recently purchased a 65 inch mittsu TV, and they are coming out to calibrate it soon. The place is nice its called sound and vision in NE ohio. they have offered him with their infinite marketing skills an integra 4.5 to hook up when they come to callibrate it. I am away at college and wont beable to help him with his purchase. My family's not a huge HIFI audio type but they enjoy the big movie expierence and its about time they get the actual 5.1 sorround sound (they have pro logic now). The price is 450 for the receiver, which doesn't seem bad all things considered. The system will be used soley for movies.

He really wont be up for auditioning, and unless they have something else available its pretty much all or nothing. Either hes going to buy a receiver from them that either I or they suggest or hes just going to stick with the one he has. I have about a week to decide so I just need any info you can give me about the price and the particular product. It will just be a basic 5.1 system nothing fancy.

Thank you to all who can give me any advice

Ph

I tried searching however 4.5 is too small to search in this engine (rather annoying still) and i couldn't come up with much

thanks again

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pwh03
    Hi my family recently purchased a 65 inch mittsu TV, and they are coming out to calibrate it soon. The place is nice its called sound and vision in NE ohio. they have offered him with their infinite marketing skills an integra 4.5 to hook up when they come to callibrate it. I am away at college and wont beable to help him with his purchase. My family's not a huge HIFI audio type but they enjoy the big movie expierence and its about time they get the actual 5.1 sorround sound (they have pro logic now). The price is 450 for the receiver, which doesn't seem bad all things considered. The system will be used soley for movies.

He really wont be up for auditioning, and unless they have something else available its pretty much all or nothing. Either hes going to buy a receiver from them that either I or they suggest or hes just going to stick with the one he has. I have about a week to decide so I just need any info you can give me about the price and the particular product. It will just be a basic 5.1 system nothing fancy.

Thank you to all who can give me any advice
    Well, the price is OK ... the unit carries an MSRP of $500, so $450 is not a bad deal. But, what other options do they have for him? Other brands? Other models? With that nice new HDTV set in the house, there should be an upgraded receiver to go along with it. Whether the unit being offered (or is it "pushed") is the best that they have to offer him or not is the question.

Hope this helps you - at least a little bit
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Forum Regular
    yeah i think they are pushing it a little bit. and i am sure we could do better if we had the time and he was willing to shop around more, but he's just not into this kind of stuff to care that much. As long as the price is ok and the receiver is of pretty good quality I think I will tell him to go for it. They offer some pretty nice stuff but the speakers in the set up don't warrent any huge receiver purchase.

thanks
    PH
    Last edited by pwh03; 01-26-2005 at 09:49 AM.

Thread Information