Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Regular
    thanks fellows, i think the ra-06 sounded brilliant with the studio 20, and i think i'll take it.

cheers

Forum Regular
    hi
    i'm now in search of speaker stands for my 20's, i've looked at the mission stancette stands which are retailing at a very good price.

do you think this is a good stand for the studio 20?

thanks

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Depends, how much are they selling for?

Forum Regular
    its going for around USD135.

what do you think?

Forum Regular
    hi folks
    any input on what stands i should get for my Studio 20? how about the mission stancette?

please let me know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT AR!

build some stands
    how much are some 2x4s?
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Forum Regular
    hey man i'm no good with building stuff and getting something made here in singapore would cost three times the price of buying one!!

just let me know what i should get

thanks

Valid questions

Quote Originally Posted by tony340
    Thanks, can anybody also advice me on the Paradigm Monitor 7 Floorstander? It is the same price as the Studio 20, dont you think that the Monitor 7 is worth more than the Studio 20? What i mean is you are getting a floorstander instead of a Bookshelf for the same price.
    And also i would have to spend on stands which will cost a fair packet, and i've heard that standmount speakers are never the same as floorstanders, and dont have the bass depth.
    Tony,

These are valid questions but the answers aren't necessarily easy -- just like a lot of things in life.

The consensus is that the Paradigm Studio series is a significant step up in refinement over the Monitor series -- smoother, more detailed sound. However the trade-off is, as you've heard, that the bass goes somewhat less deep and -- more importantly perhaps -- the speaker simply isn't able to play as loudly.

I haven't checked the price of stands lately, but minimally acceptable stands for the Studio 20 are likely to run $200 or more, so that is a cost factor.

So if it's refinement you crave, go for the Studio 20's. In the future you might trade up to floorstanding Studios, or you might add a reasonably good subwoofer to your system for say $600-700 which can give you even more depth and power handling than the floorstanders. But if you need that power handling right now, go for the Monitor 7's.

Forum Regular
    hi feanor thanks for your very expert advice, but i did go ahead and buy the studio 20, and all i can say is WOW!! they are super!

so now i need some stands for them, i have looked at very reasonably priced mission stancette stands at USD135, so what do you think?

please keep me posted

thanks

golden ear
    hi feanor thanks for your very expert advice, but i did go ahead and buy the studio 20, and all i can say is WOW!! they are super!

so now i need some stands for them, i have looked at very reasonably priced mission stancette stands at USD135, so what do you think?

please keep me posted

thanks
    congratulations for owning both the 20's and the ra06 tony. they are indeed sounding very good together. btw, what source gear are u using for these? on stands, any good looking stands will do...if you feel it lacks the bass then add a decent subwoofer and that should be more than enough to shame floorstanders costing 3 to 4x your 20's.

Forum Regular
    actually accastil i've not hooked them up yet, i'm still to buy the ra-06!

i will buy it very soon, cos i think its a perfect match for the studio 20.

but i need advice on stands and cables etc, what should i get?

golden ear
    actually accastil i've not hooked them up yet, i'm still to buy the ra-06!

i will buy it very soon, cos i think its a perfect match for the studio 20.

but i need advice on stands and cables etc, what should i get?
    get whatever stands appealing to your ears. as for the cables, be careful in choosing since the 20's may sound a bit bright with rotel when paired with a wrong speaker cable. im using a platinum exposure speaker cable for mine and it sounds just right

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information