Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    Thanks mate i'll definitely try and audition them. Anyone have any advice on my last post regarding the fixing of ATACAMA Shoes with the Reference Studio 20??? I'm now seriously looking at them studio 20's as well

tem
    Forum Regular

JMLab

The shop u intend to auction the studio 20 also carries the JMlab range.They have a few models like chorus 706,707 bookshelf and tall standing 726 which are selling at clearing price.They also claim that the 707 is better than their Studio and cost about 2/3 the price of the studio 20.and the tall standing is about the same price as the 20s.

Compare and give us the feedbacks.

Forum Regular
    tony340,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, overtime, kids, etc. The Def Tech models I mentioned were supposed to be BP8b, not BP88B. They do still have them on their web site, but , like you, I saw no dealer in Singapore. Checked the Vandersteen site (www.vandersteen.com) and they do have a dealer in Singapore:

Singapore CD Acoustic Equipment. Pte Ltd 1 Coleman Street # 04-02
    Singapore 179803 Fax 65 336 2467 Phone 65 336 2467

You've obviously already found a place that sells Paradigm, and Polk, well you can find Polk almost anywhere.

happy Hunting

I just checked the dmc-electronics site and they have a clearance pair of the PSB Image 7PT's just like mine for $650!!!! A great deal indeed...they list for $1500 and sound like speakers that are $3000-$4000.

Forum Regular
    Thanks fellows for the advice.. If i were to buy the Paradigm Reference Studio 20, what stands should i buy??
    I cant afford VERY EXPENSIVE ONES, my budget is around USD100-120.
    What do you think?

golden ear
    Quote Originally Posted by tony340
    Thanks fellows for the advice.. If i were to buy the Paradigm Reference Studio 20, what stands should i buy??
    I cant afford VERY EXPENSIVE ONES, my budget is around USD100-120.
    What do you think?
    tony, stands are just stands..and if youd ask me, they do not have any effect on the sonic performance of your studio 20s. put on top of anything and still theyd sound good...and that is because they are good speakers. buy the 20s and you wont regret it...they really do outperformed a lot of floorstanders, even those at a higher price category...and they mix very well with nad electronics.

Forum Regular
    Thank you so much Accastil, that really clears my mind. Really appreciate it, i think i'll take your advice and get them.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by accastil
    tony, stands are just stands..and if youd ask me, they do not have any effect on the sonic performance of your studio 20s. put on top of anything and still theyd sound good...and that is because they are good speakers.
    While I agree that the studio 20's are solid performers, the type of stands that you use WILL have a discernable difference that some folks will notice. I found this out while auditioning a pair of Tyler Acoustics monitors. There is no accounting for hearing and personal taste.

That said, whomever suggested that you should choose a monitor over a tower IN THIS PRICE RANGE is correct for the most part. Audition as much as possible, but don't get to the point where you suffer "paralysis by analysis." Don't be afraid to pull the trigger on a speaker purchase. The reality is you won't know how well your speakers perform until they are beyond their break-in period. And of course by that time, you'll probably catch the upgrade bug all over again.

Good luck and let us know what you finally decide.
    *Panasonic 60" Plasma HDTV
    *Marantz AV7005
    *Marantz MM7055
    *Oppo Digital BDP-95
    *Silverline Audio Sonatina MK II
    *Silverline Center Stage
    *Silverline Audio SR11
    *SVS SB12

http://www.panasonic.com
    http://www.marantz.com
    http://www.oppodigital.com
    http://www.silverlineaudio.com
    http://www.svsound.com

Forum Regular
    There are this pair of KEF Q90'S and i thiught they sounded very good with NAD , think the Paradigm Reference Studio 20's are a much superior speaker than both the KEF IQ5 and the Q90?? Or compared with Mission 753 and M35i? I know that personal tastes differ but in an expert point of view which is the more superior of these??

in an expert point of view which is the more superior of these??
    Dont worry, you already know the EXACT answer to what experts would recommend

There are this pair of KEF Q90'S and i thiught they sounded very good with NAD
    Congratulation Tony, sounds like you finally found a pair you have been searching for. And the other great thing is that you heard it with NAD.

Give these are consideration

Monitor Audio S2
    Jamo D430
    Epos Acoustics M5
    Castle Acoustics Richmond 3
    Ruark Epilogue II
    Monitor Audio S1
    Acoustic Research AR15
    Boston Acoustics VRB
    Energy Loudspeakers C-3
    JBL E50
    JMLab 706BK
    Mirage Loudspeakers FRXTHREEBK
    Canton NESTOR 403 Bookshelf Speakers
    Pinnacle Black Diamond
    B&W DM601 S3
    Jamo E825
    PSB Speakers Century 800i
    Canton LE107BK
    Monitor Audio S10
    Infinity Systems Alpha 50
    Energy Loudspeakers e:XL 26
    PSB Speakers Image 5T
    PSB Speakers Image T45
    Phase Technology V-12
    Dynaudio Audience 40
    Mission MSM74BK
    Boston Acoustics VR 950
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Polk Audio RTi12
    Paradigm Monitor 7
    Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M50 Ti
    B&W DM 602 S2
    Athena Technologies Audition AS-F2
    Aperion Audio Intimus 533-PT
    Magnepan MMG
    JBL E100
    Tannoy Mercury M2
    and on and on and on and on.........

Keep looking
    Or like someone said, you just gotta manup, and make a purchase once in a while.

-JRA

Forum Regular
    Hey JRA, you were the one who said go for the Studio 20's, so why isnt it there in your list of speaker options??????

Forum Regular
    And what exactly do the experts recommend??

Okay, so here is the thing.
    I dont think you are asking for a real advice. I have to think you are just getting a kick out of it thru this thread. We all kept tell you to go with your heart/ears. You'll graciously agree. Then a day later, you'll ask the same godamn question asking us what the best speakers YOU would love for your budget. I dont think it has to do with your english ability. I'm to a point where I think you are just messing with us. Or you have some kinda issue.
    Do you own a car? house? furniture? shoes? Or how about this, have you ever bought anything in your life based on your preference? If so how did you come about making that decision. Speaker decision is exactly the same. If all the purchases you made to this point in your life was soley based on what others may think of you for having them. Then you need to go else where. Sure I may have jumped the gun on that one(as usual) but I'm really confused.
    Okay, let assume you are honestly looking to purchase a pair of speakers. I have to applaud you on your patience and desire to purchase the best possible speakers with your budget. I must inform you. There is no contract that says you have to live with your speakers for the rest of your life. Go take a chance on a pair of speakers you liked. If you dont like them, then upgrade. I dont think budget is your problem. Even if you were filthy rich and had $1,000,000 to spend on a pair of speakers, I dont think you'll ever find a pair you will be happy with until you die.
    This is the last time I'll post on your thread. I understand that you never asked for my help, so i have to think it wouldnt hurt you at all not getting my help. I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone who posted here, but I have to think you are starting piss off/confusing everyone on this thread. No one here is going to come out and say ABC speakers are the best speakers everyone can ever buy. Not because they would sound like a cocky individual, but making such statment is impposible. I'll say this again. We all have different taste. You even agreed, but on the next sentese you asked again which is better. That is one of the reason why there are so many speaker companies.

So here is my last honest and well intended advice to you. Go with what you think sounded good. No one is going to think less of you for choosing Paradigm over KEF, KEF over Mission, or whatever. They are all GREAT. I think you know this but I'll make it clear. I am no expert here. 99.9% of members here are not experts either. But we know alot. Alot more than the most we walk past on streets. Everyone here has told you to go with your preference. Since you dont really have much audio experience, then take that advice from all the experts here.

Best luck to you and I truly mean that.

-JRA

Forum Regular
    Well JRA, to answer your questions, YES I DO OWN A CAR, its a BMW 7 SERIES and i made that decision because i'm a car enthusiast and i got the best for the money.
    Yes i do own 3 Houses in South Africa, Singapore and Sri Lanka, i bought them because my Wife and i love what these countries have to offer and we made the best choice with the money, and i obviously have furniture (THAT WAS DUMB!!) And yes i do have several pairs of shoes,(THAT TOO WAS DUMB!!)I Obviously i was extremely offended by your remarks and i'm unable to say exactly how i feel because me vocabulary wont allow me to on this forum, which i think is a great one.
    But none the less i must THANK YOU for your advice earlier and thats how i got to know about the Studio 20's and i think i'll get them.
    But you really pissed me off and am glad that you wont be on this thread anymore.

Forum Regular
    By the way you guys, i think i'll go with the Studio 20's, but i kind of need some advice on stands.
    Can anyone tell me the Wood Technology agent in SIN?? I honestly tried but coudnt get any info..
    What other stands can i get real cheap that will accomodate my speakers??

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    No one here is going to come out and say ABC speakers are the best speakers everyone can ever buy.
    What about Bose
    By the way you guys, i think i'll go with the Studio 20's
    I would suggest focal jm lab chorus 716S for your pricerange, but the Studio 20's are nice too
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Forum Regular
    Ok will SANUS Stands be ok for Studio 20's?

golden ear
    By the way you guys, i think i'll go with the Studio 20's, but i kind of need some advice on stands.
    Can anyone tell me the Wood Technology agent in SIN?? I honestly tried but coudnt get any info..
    What other stands can i get real cheap that will accomodate my speakers??
    hi tony, if you are serious with home audio, i really believe youll be hooked into this as well as much as you did with cars...and based from your narrative, i know you can afford something even better. i recommond you to audition the paradigm reference signature series, preferably the S2...this is an upgrade of the studio20 and i personally think there is a discernable improvement in terms of sonic quality.

but then again, audio preference is very subjective. what maybe good to me may not be as good for you and vice-versa. just give them a listen and let us see what your thoughts are...they are really good when paired with musical fidelity components. the last one i heard has a musical fidelity 150w dual mono integrated amplifier and an audiolab 8000cd player. it was by far the best sounding digital set up i have ever heard eversince i started this enthusiasm with home audio. i just like the sonic character of paradigm speakers above all other brands...but that is just me. KEF is also good but i notice they lack the bass end, especially on their bookshelf models. JM lab also makes really good sounding bookshelves.

finally, later on you may want to venture into analog audio as well. you can do this by adding a turntable into your rack...this is where it gets more and more exciting and addictive at the same time enjoy!

Forum Regular
    OH NO NO NO, I'm not this filthy rich ASS who has more dough than sense!!
    I love cars and thats why i finally got what i wanted (wifes gift actually), but where hifi is concerned i dont really want to spend that much at all.
    So something like the Studio 20 will be ideal.
    But what stands do you think must be used with it??
    I mean i cant afford very expensive ones but sometghing in the region of about USD100 will be fine.
    How about WOOD TECHNOLOGY? Or Soundstyle?
    Please let me know

Forum Regular
    Hey guys can anyone tell me a reasonable pair of stands for the Studio 20??

As i said earlier, my budget is around USD100-120, SO CAN SOMEBODY ADVICE ME?

Forum Regular
    Hi guys, i've finally decided on the Studio 20's but i have to ask you what stands to buy for it with my USD100-130 Range.

Would the Mission Stancette stands do??

I've negotiated a good price for it.

Please tell me whether it will do for the studio 20

Thanks

Forum Regular
    Hey fellows, long time no hear??? I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question that i've asked in my last couple of posts. Please reply me.

nail some 2x4s together, and you have a stand... much cheaper
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Forum Regular
    OKAY!! But will the Stancettes be alright?

And also i did hear a pair of QUAD 11L with Rotel components, and man they were MIND BLOWING, no words to describe, but i wonder if my NAD components will be as good???

Bcos the Quad is a much cheaper option than the Studio 20, What do ur'll think??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information