Forum Regular

Video Connection? - Isolated TV is Seperated

I just moved into our new house and I built a component closet to handle all of my Audio/Video components. My TV is in the Great room in isolation. I ran the cable from that room to the component closet, so the connection to my cable box is no problem. However, I just got around to connecting my DVD player today and can't seem to get the Video connection to work. I have my dvd player's audio optically connected to my receiver. I have a component connection between the DVD and the receiver. Audio works find, just not getting any video. I figure I need to include the cable box here somehow, but nothing I try seems to work. Help is needed. Thanks.

Suspended
    If I understand what you are saying, you either need to take the video from your DVD player directly to your TV or you need to connect video from your receiver to your TV to complete the chain. It depends on if you are going to use your A/V receiver as the video switcher or your TV. If by chance you have already done the prior steps I mentioned you may have to assign which video input goes with the digital input. For instance, on my processor i have to tell it I want to use digital whatever for dvd player and which video input so that when I select "DVD" the video and audio coincide with each other. This becomes necessary with so many types of digital and video possibilities there are now. One may use coaxial or optical, or even stay with analog audio ins, one may use S, component, composite or DVI video ins.

Thread Information