Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    If the shoe fits...

I've been spending some time lurking on the AVS forum, and you're not kidding! The traffic over there is 100x what it is here, and some threads are a mile long! The bad thing about that is, some of the still-active topics were started years ago with most of the information being, in some topics way out-of-date. There are topics about something that I have a question about that would probably be answered, but reading through, in some threads 50 pages of responses is out of the question.
    It's a nice place to visit when you're bored out of your mind, but I wouldn't want to post there. I go to get updates on LOST durring the season.
    It's also helped me to find a lot of information on gaming lately.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    REAL men play PC games!

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    It's a nice place to visit when you're bored out of your mind...
    Which is exactly how things at work have made me recently. Too much time on my hands (how's that saying go... idle hands are the devils workshop?)

I noticed that when I clicked on this topic, the progress box in the status bar filled up fully with the green squares indicating "done", it disappeared, but nothing happened (the new page didn't load). The phishing filter was still active meaning something was going on, but I had to click refresh to get the new page up. I don't like to use "High" security settings because I think you'll loose some relative content when you go that route.

REAL men play PC games!
    Hey Rich, I thought real men played Hockey or Football.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    Well, besides that...

Hey! How 'bout them EA-GL-ES EAGLES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Well, except for you, me and a few others, he's right. I've been to other sites where more than half the requlars don't know crap about real sound. If I have any questions, I always post them here because the people here know so much more than I do. On other sites, I find myself being the one answering the questions.
    I rest my case. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=35791
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Glad you don't generate as much hostility here as you do there.

I wonder if not you, who he was directing his pointed remarks to? He appreciated your "second to last post" but not your last post.

I think markw set him straight though...

Well, besides that...

Hey! How 'bout them EA-GL-ES EAGLES!!!
    Maybe they should wear those uniforms all year, they look like a neon version of the old Rams jerseys....yikes, but wow could they play football in them, at least this week.

My Fantasy Football team is tanking! I am 2-1, but a long road ahead. My only hope is my Bears defense and Carson Palmer.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Maybe they should wear those uniforms all year, they look like a neon version of the old Rams jerseys....yikes, but wow could they play football in them, at least this week.

My Fantasy Football team is tanking! I am 2-1, but a long road ahead. My only hope is my Bears defense and Carson Palmer.
    Whoever has Brian Westbrook and NcNabb made a killing last Sunday!

The Bears were a total let-down on both sides of the ball, and I don't think Grossman's future there is a lock anymore.

Apparently back in the 30's graphics weren't very advanced because I saw nothing to indicate the team nickname or logo on the helmets or jersey's. Someone pointed out that if you looked at the helmet straight on you'd see eagles wings...

Forum Regular
    Grossman is done in Bears Country. I really hope Greise can do something with that offense.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    My only hope is my Bears defense and Carson Palmer.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Good luck with that.
    I was offered a trade: Boldin and Eli Manning for Palmer...

I changed the offer: Brett Favre and Boldin for Palmer and Ladell Betts.

Forum Regular
    (Necro!)
    While this site has a lot of great info I have noticed that there is a lot more acrimonious debate on this forum than some others and that some of the moderators engage in what might be called trolling on other forums.

The biggest thing that might make this forum more enjoyable is tougher moderation.

Charm Thai™
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas View Post
    If the shoe fits...

I've been spending some time lurking on the AVS forum, and you're not kidding! The traffic over there is 100x what it is here, and some threads are a mile long!
    Most of AVS is is fluff though with only a few knowledgeable posters considering the amount of activity...plus the moderators are ridiculous. I got banned from that site long ago because I posted unfavorable equipment reviews from one of their sponsors. You can guess which one it is.

Audiokarma and AudioAficionado are quality sites like Audioreview.

Yikes 2007, just noticed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information