Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Suspended
    Hey, I like Seagal movies! Anyone who don't is a little on the feminen side, if you know what I mean......

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hey, I like Seagal movies! Anyone who don't is a little on the feminen side, if you know what I mean......

Smarty pants.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

jvc

LOL!
    His last couple of movies weren't that great. The studio has Seagal's voice dubbed in, in a lot of scenes, for some reason! They ruined the movie for us fans, by doing that. There were some unhappy people!

You may or may not know...............Seagal plays lead guitar and sings, in a blues band. He's not great, but he definately isn't too bad either. His band's name is Thunderbox. They have two cds out. Here's a little something that was written on Rotten Tomatoes:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/j...alid=100003963

Suspended
    I didn't know he was in a band.

Any idea what that controversy was a year or two ago when they were trying to say he really didn't know Marshall Arts?

I have seen anything new of his. It seems like they go under the radar. Maybe they'll pop up on HBO.

jvc
    His last few movies went straight to dvd, since they weren't done by the really big studio, like Under Siege, and Under Siege 2. There's talk that Under Siege 3 is a possibility. I'd like to see ol' Casey Ryback again..........

I never heard of a contraversy.
    I remember, years ago on the Tonight Show, they had a guy on that was in a lot of martial arts movies. He was one of those people that you know the face, but not the name. Jay said to him, "you've worked with all the martial arts guys in films. Who's for real, and who isn't?" The guy said, "well, Chuck Norris was a kick boxer, so he's into the competition type martial arts. Jean-Claude Van Dam was into doing tricks (as with the split, on the backs of the two chairs). Jackie Chan like comedy with his scenes." Bruce Lee, (forget what he said about him and Jet Li). Then he said, "but, the one guy that can kill you in a few seconds, and think nothing of it, is Steven Seagal!" Then he said if they all got together, and fought each other until one was left standing, Seagal would be the one walking away, after it was over."

I saw where another guy told this story, at another HT forum, a year or so ago. I was glad that someone else had seen it too, to confirm what I had said before. Of course everyone watching that night saw it, but I didn't know anyone personally, that saw it.

The one thing I've never liked about Seagal, is that he hit his wife a time or two. He was married to gorgeous Kelly LeBrock at the time.
    Last edited by jvc; 09-11-2007 at 03:10 PM.

What happened to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jvc
    LOL!
    His last couple of movies weren't that great. The studio has Seagal's voice dubbed in, in a lot of scenes, for some reason! They ruined the movie for us fans, by doing that. There were some unhappy people!

You may or may not know...............Seagal plays lead guitar and sings, in a blues band. He's not great, but he definately isn't too bad either. His band's name is Thunderbox. They have two cds out. Here's a little something that was written on Rotten Tomatoes:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/j...alid=100003963

I've seen his "blues" act on TV a couple of times and gotta say that his band sucks almost as bad as his acting!
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    What do you mean, what happened. It seems there is a growing inference that the problem, seeks the solution.

Are you kidding me?! Seagal can act every bit as good as Vin Diesel or The Rock, or Vandam.

What do you mean, what happened. It seems there is a growing inference that the problem, seeks the solution.

Are you kidding me?! Seagal can act every bit as good as Vin Diesel or The Rock, or Vandam.
    People just don't give Steven Seagal enough credit, if you look at the top pantheon of actors of all time and you rank the elite actors that have graced the silver screen there is little doubt that Steven Seagal ranks up there with the likes of Howie Long.

Although Howie has nothing on Denise Richards in the classic 1994 film TAMMY AND THE T-REX...

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    What happened to this thread?
    It took a hard left.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Howie who?

Duh..... which way did he go.... which way did he go... did anyone see a wabbit around here?

Suspended
    The new movie starring The Rock looks pretty funny...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    It seems to me that when people ask questions about equipment, then technical and audibility considerations are relevant. However, the rules appear to favor relegating them to The Audio Lab, which means those asking the questions on other forums can't get an adequate answer.
    Agreed.

Issues which have driven me away:

1. Site's policy keeping technical discussion off all forums but "lab". I warned em this was not a good idea, and losing too many posters at one time could make the place a dead zone. Did they believe other forums did not exist? I said I'd re-evaluate the site 3 months after the major changes, and at that time, nothing was new. Same now.

2. Inadequate control over those sharing the moderator's POV...they were allowed to run over those who's opinion did not match moderator's. Kinda like certain people at AA who are given carte blanche to bash who they please.

3. Very slow page loading. The ads kill it. I rarely even lurk here because of that bottleneck.

4. To me, it is not even clear that they want people to post in the forums.

Cheers, John

Forum Regular

And, John...

...you were one of the posters that could always be counted on not only to have his facts straight and something worth reading that would inspire further research, but also someone who respected conflicting opinions. I never saw you dress down another poster, even when you disagreed strongly.

Would that we were all like you. If we had been, The Lab would never have to have been introduced. You have earned your right to disagree with the "new rules".
    Form is out. Content makes its own form.
    -Sam Rivers

The format doesn't matter. The music is all that matters.
    - Musicoverall

Man, this is such a tragedy...the fact that people of this site want things to change and have so many great ideas, yet we can't get anyone to hear our cries. It's just a shame.

AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Those are some neat stats.....did you have anything specific that struck you about this or did you just post this for the heck of it?

i thought that even if no one found it helpful, it would at least be interesting.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Quote Originally Posted by dingus
    i thought that even if no one found it helpful, it would at least be interesting.
    Good idea. I like seeing stats like that, especially in light of this conversation with this thread. It seems that this site does pretty good without much activity inside the forum and such, then again, there are about a zillion ads on here.

you also get to see how this site stacks up (in terms of visits) against others.

you also get to see how this site stacks up (in terms of visits) against others.
    We should make our own site.... totally independent and free of advertising.

We should make our own site.... totally independent and free of advertising.
    and who's going to pay for it?

and who's going to pay for it?
    I think Florian said he would sell his speakers for it.

I think Florian said he would sell his speakers for it.
    that would be a start.

as for starting a non-commercial forum from scratch, its been done many times, with varying levels of success. imo the biggest hurdle to overcome is funding. the easiest solution is to use a free hosting service. you dont get away from the ads, thats the trade off for using a "free" service", but at least you dont have to deal with having to generate capitol.

that would be a start.

as for starting a non-commercial forum from scratch, its been done many times, with varying levels of success. imo the biggest hurdle to overcome is funding. the easiest solution is to use a free hosting service. you dont get away from the ads, thats the trade off for using a "free" service", but at least you dont have to deal with having to generate capitol.
    Yeah, true...we need a site by the people for the people. I mean, we are the ones who are the heart and soul of this hobby and we deserve a site that enables us to discuss our passion with others, spread good information around, and be able to build a stronger community of people with similar interests and expand the horizons of those searching for information as well.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information