Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movies?

Forum Regular

Worst Movies?

I think there should be a thread for WORST films. I just recently saw the grudge after my sister and several other people recommended watching it. They said it was a very scary movie, ie one said a lady in the theatre screamed outloud, so I was looking forward to it. Also there was a lot of hype about Jamie Foxx's performance (he won the Oscar so I may be wrong about that) but I wasn't really impressed by it. I thought he sounded more like Mike Tyson trying to do a Ray Charles impression.

What are the recent movies that you guys have watched, solely based on someone else's recommendation, that disappointed you?
    Definitive Technology Fan, Owner and Advocate!!!!! never paying retail IS half the fun of buying audio products!!!! Good shopping!

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Catwoman

(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...reaches for his hair to pull it out....and realizes he has none...)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(been running for hours to try and escape the horror of that movie and still can shake it)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(goes and takes a shower and that does the job)AAAAHH!!!!!!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

The Grudge completely sucked but I gotta disagree about JF in Ray. I thought he was absolutely brilliant. He didn't just play Ray Charles, he became Ray Charles. Did you know that during the filming he had prosthetics installed every morning so he couldn't see during the shooting? He mentioned the only problem would be when the set would break for lunch and everyone would leave him there forgetting he couldn't see anything! Amazing.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Worst Films -- well here are a few of the worst films I've seen

Black Sheep
    Oasis of the Zombies
    Crash
    Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
    Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    Airheads
    The Patriot
    Suspect Zero
    Speed 2: Cruise Control
    Friday the 13th Part 2,3,4,5,6,7
    Halloween parts 2 and 6

Not many off the top of my head -- hmm my list is on my other computer.

So many bad movies, here's some.

House of 1000 Corpses, the only thing scary about this movie is how bad it is. scary bad!
    Ghost of Mars, possibly the worst movie ever made, our new reference for bad.
    Troy, the worst casting ever, EVER!

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

Forum Regular

At least Halle was a sport about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Catwoman

(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...reaches for his hair to pull it out....and realizes he has none...)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(been running for hours to try and escape the horror of that movie and still can shake it)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(goes and takes a shower and that does the job)AAAAHH!!!!!!
    Apparently she actually attended and walked up on stage and accepted here Razzie for worst actress. She even cracked a few jokes about actually READING the script for the next movie she agrees to do. I'm not sure anyone actually accepted their award in person before...they were probably shocked when she walked up on stage!

Anybody remember that SNL skit where they make a movie about escaping from a double feature of bad movies? It was called:

"Escape from 'Escape from New York' " and "Escape from 'New York, New York' "

Pretty funny....

Forum Regular
    We can agree to disagree about Ray lol.. apparently I am in the minority about the way i feel about his performance. I do have to agree with you about the Grudge.. the only scary thing about it was my fear i would turn it in late and accrue a late charge.
    Definitive Technology Fan, Owner and Advocate!!!!! never paying retail IS half the fun of buying audio products!!!! Good shopping!

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Ebert chose Cheadle as best actor - so did Roeper I believe?? So you may not be alone. I have not seen Hotel Rwanda yet as i'm in my practicum and time is tight.

The Razzies are fun and many actors do accept their awards...Sly Stallone I believe has collected all five of his Razzies and he may be the leader.

The Razzies are in good fun -- the posted their list in 1993 for the 10 worst films of the year and they put Schindler's List on it. They said something along the lines that Schindler's List was on every other list of best films and that no one would have this on their worst list so there you go.

Halle is a terriific actress which goes to show that screenplay is critical.

Forum Regular
    The worst movie of all time, without a single doubt, is Omega Code.

I highly recomend buying it. You'll crack up trying to watch it.
    -Shwamdoo

Unhappy You're months and years late with this thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by chimera128
    I think there should be a thread for WORST films. I just recently saw the grudge after my sister and several other people recommended watching it. They said it was a very scary movie, ie one said a lady in the theatre screamed outloud, so I was looking forward to it. Also there was a lot of hype about Jamie Foxx's performance (he won the Oscar so I may be wrong about that) but I wasn't really impressed by it. I thought he sounded more like Mike Tyson trying to do a Ray Charles impression.

What are the recent movies that you guys have watched, solely based on someone else's recommendation, that disappointed you?
    Smokey used to do one of these about every 6 months on the "old board". I won't give you my "worst of all times" but here's some of my recent I hate you's worse than deaths...

1. "Catwoman" - The most uninteligible, excremental movie ever made. May single handedly end the recent superhero trend.

2. "The Grudge" - Proof positive that you can't raid every Japanese film and find gold.

3. "Gods and Generals" - Re-written history aside.. the worst 3 hours spent of my entire life.

4. "White Chicks" - After all the beat down at the Oscars I had to rent it. I'm now almost legally blind. Two guys in drag that look like Michael Jacksons long lost twin sisters.

5. "The Core" - So bad you almost want the world to end...

6. "Aliens Versus Predator" - A double header, how to kill two dying franchises at once.

7. "Terminator 3" - Another done franchise finally bites the dust.

That's just off the top of my head....

Da Worfster

5. "The Core" - So bad you almost want the world to end...
    Ahhhh!!, aside for some periods of overacting, I liked this movie.

7. "Terminator 3" - Another done franchise finally bites the dust.
    I liked this one too! I think you need to stop drinking hate-o-rade before watching these movies(snicker snicker)

Another movie I wanna add to the list(with a caveat)is "Day of Destuction". I bought this movie on a whim while on my daily trip to BB. Aside from the really bad acting, mediocre to bad CGI, serviceable sound(good bass though), bad script, and ripped off parts of Twister and The Day After Tomorrow, this movie held my attention for about two hours. When I kept my mind on the fact that this was a made for TV movie released on DVD, it wasn't totally bad. Had this movie been released in theaters, it would have bombed with the force of a nuclear weapon.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

The Beast of Yucca Flats (good for science fiction theater)
    Reefer Madness (unless your high)

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Isn't Halle Berry doing "Catwoman 2"?
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Angry Hey man.....

Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    Isn't Halle Berry doing "Catwoman 2"?
    That ain't even funny.....

Da Worfster

Kam

core/t3 split

hey worfster, split with you on these two.. T3 i couldn't stand. was ridiculous how they trashed the franchise. am sure cameron would be turning in his grave on seeing this one if he was dead. (I think Sir TTT was blinded by the rather well done effects and soundtrack, he's usually good with movie picks! haha, j/k tt )
    but the core i enjoyed, gotta agree with Sir TTT on this one, maybe because it was in the so-bad-its-good category or am riding a hilary swank high, or because i just caught it on cable with very low expectations... but whatever the reason, i thought it a good bit of fun.
    STILL haven't checked out so many movies, looks like it might be dvd's for a buch. and have been dying to see House of Flying Daggers which comes out next tues i think? will post a review when i do get to see it!

peace
    k2
    /create

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Yeah T3 isn;t going in the collection -- I'm kinda pretending it was never made.

I wish they would just quite while they are ahead.

Star Wars - was very good
    Empire was fantastic
    Return was ok but had a big fall (So take the hint)
    Phantom Menace - one of the biggest piece of dung to come out in years ---
    never saw the next one.

Prequels are kinda stupid in general as well --- I don't recall seeing a prequal and liking it?? Can;t wait for Enterprise to end -- I hope the finally is having the ship and crew totally destroyed.

Forum Regular

An Oldie bud Badee

"What About Bob", the lowpoint of Richard Dreyfus and Bill Murrays' careers. 90(?) minutes of
    screeching chalk on a blackboard! "Ishtar" comes to mind, but I've never been brave enuf to rent it. I thought the "Matrix" really sucked(visual effects great, but plot & characters so bad I didn'care whether anyone lived or died) but I'm getting to be an old fart. Just about any episode of "LOST" deserves an Acadamy Award more than whats out on the big screen!
    Crap!! It's starting to snow AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    That ain't even funny.....

Da Worfster
    hehehehehehehehehe.....okay, i'll stop laughing.....hehehehehehehehehe..snicker snicker....... You never know, she may actually act in the next one!
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    hey worfster, split with you on these two.. T3 i couldn't stand. was ridiculous how they trashed the franchise. am sure cameron would be turning in his grave on seeing this one if he was dead. (I think Sir TTT was blinded by the rather well done effects and soundtrack, he's usually good with movie picks! haha, j/k tt )
    Okay, I'll admit it, I did like the effects and soundtrack. Give me a break though, I am trying to show SOME support for our governor(who I'd like to terminate right about now)the best way I know how.

but the core i enjoyed, gotta agree with Sir TTT on this one, maybe because it was in the so-bad-its-good category or am riding a hilary swank high, or because i just caught it on cable with very low expectations... but whatever the reason, i thought it a good bit of fun.
    STILL haven't checked out so many movies, looks like it might be dvd's for a buch. and have been dying to see House of Flying Daggers which comes out next tues i think? will post a review when i do get to see it!

peace
    k2
    The Core also had a VERY good soundtrack, but I really like the movies concept even if this incarnation was a little short on acting skills.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Metalstorm, Jaws 3-D, Spacehunter (also in 3-D),
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Okay Kam I'll give you a "pass" on this one....

Quote Originally Posted by Kam

peace
    k2
    If you went into "The Core" with lower than low expectations I guess you stomach it. But the cliches in this one were the size of Mastadons. Is there anyone in this whole cockeyed world that didn't know that the 'hero" was gonna wind up with the girl and that everyone else was going to die a noble heroic death.? Geeze "Journey to the Center of the Earth" was more believable than this pap.... but hey... that's why they have horse races.

Da Worfster

Red face You know TT.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    hehehehehehehehehe.....okay, i'll stop laughing.....hehehehehehehehehe..snicker snicker....... You never know, she may actually act in the next one!
    If you weren't a Knight Errant, Moderator and overall Laird of the Manor.... I could take quite a dislikings to you... As it is, since I do NOT want to be banished from the realm... I'll put up with the less than Christian tenet of both posts. How could you even form the words "Catwoman 2" in your mind without your tongue catching fire?

Da Worfster

Question Funny..

Quote Originally Posted by tillerman
    "What About Bob", the lowpoint of Richard Dreyfus and Bill Murrays' careers. 90(?) minutes of
    screeching chalk on a blackboard! "Ishtar" comes to mind, but I've never been brave enuf to rent it. I thought the "Matrix" really sucked(visual effects great, but plot & characters so bad I didn'care whether anyone lived or died) but I'm getting to be an old fart. Just about any episode of "LOST" deserves an Acadamy Award more than whats out on the big screen!
    Crap!! It's starting to snow AGAIN!!
    My son and his mum thought WAB was hilarious. But she works with the mentally ill for a living so maybe it was an inside thang.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    Metalstorm, Jaws 3-D, Spacehunter (also in 3-D),
    Aww c'mon man, Spacehunter was so bad it was good! This movie is like, so totally '80's that it just brings back good memories. Hell, it even had Molly Ringwald in it! This thing came out when there was this whole fantasy, wasteland-after-the-apocalypse vibe going on during the peak of the Cold War. Consequently, a whole slew of "bad movies" came out.

To wit:
    Sorceress: where there was, surprise (!), no actual sorceress in the movie!

Krull: witness an incredibly effeminate pretty boy b!tchslap evil with his trusty boomerang

Buckeroo Banzia: OK, I admit it, I liked this one. Shoot me.

Red Sonja: Mrs Sylvester Stallone (at the time) and current drunken squeeze of "Flay-Flay". 'nuff said.

Some movie based on druids. Yes, they actually made a movie based on a group of people that worshipped trees. I walked out. The name of said movie has been permanently cleansed from my memory.

Thank God.

Kam

Wab

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    My son and his mum thought WAB was hilarious. But she works with the mentally ill for a living so maybe it was an inside thang.

Da Worfster
    I really enjoyed this movie. might be in the minority, but it definitely got me laughing. thought dreyfuss and murray were both really good in it, dreyfuss a tad over the top, but still fun. not quite as good as The Man Who Knew Too Little, but a very enjoyable murray movie.
    baby steps... baby steps...
    /create

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information