Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who LOST Kam this season?

Where is this season's thread?
    Where is Kam?
    Why didn't FA start a thread?
    What the h.ll?

Why did Jack and Hurley both get off the island if they went different ways?
    Why should Hurley have gone with Jack?
    Who's viewing was that and why is Jack to only one who went?
    Why are Jack and Hurley so very upset?
    Did Hurley see Jacob?
    Is John still alive?
    How many of them made it off?
    Why does Jack want to go back?
    Why doesn't Hurley want to go back?
    Who was Hurley's first visitor?
    What does he want?
    What does he mean by, are they still alive?

Where is everyone?
    Who's going to answer my questions?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    What are you talking about? Kam's right here. Can't you see him, GM?
    I'm sorry you feel that way, GM. And I'm sorry you're too limited to see....

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    What are you talking about? Kam's right here. Can't you see him, GM?
    I'm sorry you feel that way, GM. And I'm sorry you're too limited to see....
    Smarty pants.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I was waiting to see whether Kam would show up. It didn't seem right to start without him. But I can't wait any longer. Thanks for getting things rolling GM.

This was a very interesting episode and, in typical Lost fashion, raised a lot of new questions without answering any of the old ones. But it didn't compare to the opening episodes of S2 or S3. It didn't have that WTF! factor that discovering Desmond in the hatch or the book club in Othersville had. But it was still damn good and has me impatient for next Thursday.

I have all the same questions that GM has already raised. But I also have few observations and theories to make.

1. When Naomi said, "tell my sister that I love her", was that sincere or a code? Perhaps a code to say, "these people are dangerous and have hurt me, proceed with caution".

2. Hurley saw someone in the cabin. If you check the investigations at Sledgeweb's site it looks like Jack's father. http://lost.cubit.net/

3. I was also wondering how Hurley got back when he went with Locke. My theory is that the people on the boat came to rescue specific people. Like when The Others sent Micheal back to the beach with a list of who to bring back to them. Speaking of which...whatever happened to Micheal and Walt? Hurley is part of the Oceanic Six. That has left us to assume that six people were rescued together. What happened to Micheal and Walt? Are they part of the Oceanic Six? Are they the Original Two (I made that up so don't go looking for the reference)? Did they ever get 'home'?

4. I don't think that the people left on the island (not rescued) can die. If they do, how can they get 3 more seasons out of this show?

5. Most of my friends think that it's Ben in the coffin. I think that's too easy. I'm wondering if it's someone that we haven't even met yet. Based on Jack's appearance and frame of mind in last night's episode and in last season's finale, there appears to be quite a bit of time between them. Enough time for Jack to deteriorate into an unkempt alcoholic and drug addict. So there could be time for additional people to show up and have an impact on our Losties lives back in the real world.

6. What turns Jack from being the happy guy from last night into the mess that we saw last year?

I'm going to rewatch the episode later today. I'll post any new thoughts after viewing it again.

When Jack visited Hurley, he seemed OK. No beard (that he mentioned wanting to grow) and not drugged up yet. So, what happened after that to drive Jack so far into his ditch?

A few rambling observations after watching last nights episode a second time.

Jack puts vodka in his orange juice. Maybe he’s not as together as he appears.

In Hurley’s vision of Charlie at the police station, Charlie has “They need you” written on his hand which presses up against the glass just before it breaks. This is the same thing that Charlie says to Hurley when he appears at the Hospital. I first saw this on Sledgeweb’s site this morning. Then confirmed it by freeze framing the segment.

When Kate hugs Jack and steals the cell phone, the camera moves to Ben watching them hug. You can see a subtle change in Ben’s face when he sees Kate take the phone. It’s so subtle that I totally missed it last night but now, knowing what Kate is up to, Ben’s face gives it away. It the small details like that that make this show so good.

When Jack goes to visit Hurley and Hurley says that they made a mistake, Jack looks really scared. I think that Jack also believes that they made a mistake but he’s trying to deny it and go on with his life. We all know how that ends up (so far).

Sigh what can I say....

I swore up and donw that they wouldn't hook me again and dammit if they didn't right from the start. I love the show BUT.... The jumping from the Island to the past I could handle but this jumping to the future and back and then not as far in the future pheh... feel like I'm watching an episode of Star Trek Enterprise. This show is friggin' confusing enough without multiple timelines.

But I'm happy it's back.

Da Worfster

I love that they are jumping forward now. It takes the show in completely new direction as we are all now left waiting to see what happens to so dramatically change these people. The questions is no longer "Will they ever be rescued?" Now, it's much deeper. Now, we have to wonder why only 6 made it off, what happened to the Others, why does Jack want to get back so badly, etc.

Watching the rerun of last season's finale as well as that Pop-Up episode (which was done quite well) really helped bring things into focus for the premiere. Compared to the enormous morass of crap being pandered as "entertainment" these days, LOST truly is an, erm...island. This is what good television should be and I finally have something to watch again!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    I love that they are jumping forward now. It takes the show in completely new direction as we are all now left waiting to see what happens to so dramatically change these people. The questions is no longer "Will they ever be rescued?" Now, it's much deeper. Now, we have to wonder why only 6 made it off, what happened to the Others, why does Jack want to get back so badly, etc.

Watching the rerun of last season's finale as well as that Pop-Up episode (which was done quite well) really helped bring things into focus for the premiere. Compared to the enormous morass of crap being pandered as "entertainment" these days, LOST truly is an, erm...island. This is what good television should be and I finally have something to watch again!
    Yeah, I gotta agree with you here.

This show became a lot less about "will they get off the island?" and more about "what the @#$% is happening on that island?" about 38 minutes into episode 1.

For now the immediate question is what is drawing them back to the island? And more importantly, can Kex get through all of season 3 before Thursday night to refresh his memory?

I'm with topspeed on the flash forwards also. When you take a group of people and isolate them away from their normal lives like Lost does, it makes it difficult to be able to develop the characters using the usual props like family members, friends and circumstances. The flash backs provided the show with a way to help the viewers understand and empathize (or not) with the characters. But we've spent three years learning about these characters pasts. How much more about Jin's fisherman upbringing and corrupt, heartless father-in-law do we need to know?

The flash forwards add a whole new spin to the game. We've learned who these people were. Now we get to see who they become.

It's very exciting!

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm with topspeed on the flash forwards also. When you take a group of people and isolate them away from their normal lives like Lost does, it makes it difficult to be able to develop the characters using the usual props like family members, friends and circumstances. The flash backs provided the show with a way to help the viewers understand and empathize (or not) with the characters. But we've spent three years learning about these characters pasts. How much more about Jin's fisherman upbringing and corrupt, heartless father-in-law do we need to know?

The flash forwards add a whole new spin to the game. We've learned who these people were. Now we get to see who they become.

It's very exciting!
    This is the only show that has ever given me a headache after each time I watch it. In a good way though. The brainpower needed to process, reprocess and then reprocess the reprocessed info drains my mind!

I also like the flash forwards. Just think if they really decide to flash "way forward" and Jack, Hurley and the remaining 4 other Oceanic Six are back on the Island a second time to help the others left behind? Oiy! My heads starting to hurt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman
    Just think if they really decide to flash "way forward" and Jack, Hurley and the remaining 4 other Oceanic Six are back on the Island a second time to help the others left behind? Oiy! My heads starting to hurt again.
    We've got another 3 seasons, right? Never say never.

What happens when these people flipping back and forth between the pressent, past and future start running into themselves. Will they cancel themselves out, like on Louis & Clark? Will they pass out like on Back to the Future? Will my brain explode if I try to figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    I also like the flash forwards. Just think if they really decide to flash "way forward" and Jack, Hurley and the remaining 4 other Oceanic Six are back on the Island a second time to help the others left behind? Oiy! My heads starting to hurt again.
    I think that Cartman may have just figured out the secret to Desmond's "memories".

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    This is the only show that has ever given me a headache after each time I watch it.,,,,, My heads starting to hurt again.
    Which head?

sorry... I just couldn't resist..... urrrrgh....

Da Worfster

Hittin' the Romulan Ale again, eh Worfster?

When Naomi said, "tell my sister that I love her", was that sincere or a code? Perhaps a code to say, "these people are dangerous and have hurt me, proceed with caution".
    Oh my FA, aren't you clever!

Locke: I'd probably be dead if I still had a kidney there.

!!!!!!!

So, daddy dearest who scammed and then tried to kill Locke actually just saved Locke's life? Oh the irony.

They found the plane and everyone is dead. But apparently not everyone on the plane is who they appear to be. So is the plane in the ocean a plant? Did someone put it there to be found? Who? Why?

Were the stories of the four people on the helicopter in the past or the future? When was the airplane found? Why is the anthropologist chick digging up polar bears in the desert and knows what the Dharma symbol was. At least she looked like she knew.

And now we know that the guy who went to visit Hurley in the hospital orchestrated the whole "rescue" mission. What we don't know is WHY?

Who is Ben's man on the freighter? Will Ben be rescued? Killed (and by who)? Left to continue life on the island?

OMG! Too many questions and not enough answers.

I'm going to have to watch that again.

2 pts to FA for guessing catching the first fake-out.

My wife clued in right away that the plane didn't break apart accordingly and was in fact a planted cover story (or so we are lead to believe).

Polar bear...desert...Dharma collar...what?

Anyone else notice the double-take Ben gave when Hurley mentioned the cabin?

I noticed the double take...and Locke's attempt to cover up Hurley's comment real fast, "What cabin is that Hurley?".

Here are some more thoughts after having had time to let it all digest...

While our Losties are getting to know their new visitors, there is some shiite going down on the freighter. When Ghostbuster called the ship and a woman answered, he asked to speak to someone. She said that he couldn't come to phone. Her voice sounded stressed and the background noise sounded like some sort of commotion going on. She very quickly said, "I've got to go" and hung up.

This all seemed very strange to me at the time. She wasn't very interested in where Ghostbuster was, how the mission was going, how to get him back to the ship, etc. It was like she had other things on her mind.

I have two opposing theories regarding this scene.

1. The guy that GB wanted to talk to is Ben's man on the ship and his cover has been blown and the others on the ship are 'dealing' with him.

2. Ben's man on the ship has done something to sabotage the mission and the guy that GB wants to talk to is either dead, badly injured, or in the middle of a fight.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Couple of things.

1. There was reference to a "fake" plane in a season past. I can't remember exactly who said it, but I remeber it. In fact, it may have been Charlie when talking on the radio to the lady looking for Desmond. When he said he was from Oceanic 815, she said something to the effect that it was impossible because the plane was found in the ocean.

I can't be the only one that remembers it.

2. It seems that Benry is pretty much a wanted man. It will be intersting to see how it starts to take shape.

3. Did the Ghostbuster got to Walts Grandmothers house?

4. Was the Dharma symbol on the Polar Bear the same as the symbol from the Zoo?

5. According to ABC, there are no longer any "Flashback" segments. Anything seen in this season will be a "FlashForward". They have added a new wrinkle, and I find them more maddening than the old Flashback. It's like foreplay, but having to wait 16 weeks for the payoff!
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Couple of things.

1. There was reference to a "fake" plane in a season past. I can't remember exactly who said it, but I remeber it. In fact, it may have been Charlie when talking on the radio to the lady looking for Desmond. When he said he was from Oceanic 815, she said something to the effect that it was impossible because the plane was found in the ocean.

2. It seems that Benry is pretty much a wanted man. It will be intersting to see how it starts to take shape.

5. According to ABC, there are no longer any "Flashback" segments. Anything seen in this season will be a "FlashForward". They have added a new wrinkle, and I find them more maddening than the old Flashback. It's like foreplay, but having to wait 16 weeks for the payoff!
    1. I remember that also.
    2. By more than a few.
    3. ???
    4. It looked the same at first glance. I didn't go back to make sure.
    5. But some of the flashbacks had to go back in time. Otherwise, how would Naomi still be alive in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    1. I remember that also.
    2. By more than a few.
    3. ???
    4. It looked the same at first glance. I didn't go back to make sure.
    5. But some of the flashbacks had to go back in time. Otherwise, how would Naomi still be alive in the future?
    #3. I wasn't sure who's house the Ghostbuster dude went too. At first I thought maybe it was Walts Grandmothers house. On sledgeweb there is speculation that somehow it's related to Ecko.

5. I think your right. I'll have to re-read the article I had about the flashback/forwards.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

#3. I wasn't sure who's house the Ghostbuster dude went too. At first I thought maybe it was Walts Grandmothers house. On sledgeweb there is speculation that somehow it's related to Ecko.

5. I think your right. I'll have to re-read the article I had about the flashback/forwards.
    3. I had not even given who's house it was any thought. Guess I should.

5. Maybe they said that there are no flashbacks to before they were on the island?

Couple of things.

1. Yes, now that you're saying that I remember it. It was Naomi who said it. I think that she said it to Hurley when they found her in the forest. So, did the people on the freighter know, before they got there, that the survivors were there? Or were they just going to try to find Ben and finding the survivors was a surprise?

3. I was wondering that myself. I guess it depends whether that was a flash-back intended to introduce us to the ghostbuster, in which case Walt would have been too young and also was living with his mom and step-dad. Or whether it was a flash-forward, in which case it could have been Walt but the pictures didn't look like him to me. I don't think it was Walt. I think it was just the shows way of introducing us to Mr. Sixth Sense.

3. I was wondering that myself. I guess it depends whether that was a flash-back intended to introduce us to the ghostbuster, in which case Walt would have been too young and also was living with his mom and step-dad. Or whether it was a flash-forward, in which case it could have been Walt but the pictures didn't look like him to me. I don't think it was Walt. I think it was just the shows way of introducing us to Mr. Sixth Sense.
    By this point, I don't think Lost does much in the way of "introduction" without some underlying meaning.

I am not convinced that Mr. Ghostbuster is what he says he is. I think that he is similar to Sawyer, and is a scammer.

After all, he totally lied to the old lady. He was looking for money, (after overcharging the woman, then making a "refund" of the overpayment). There is something else going on in Gothem, and it stinks.

This show is full of cons. Remeber the one that Claire was connected with? And Sawyer, and now this guy? I don't think its a coincidence.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information