Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    You make some very good points!

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    By this point, I don't think Lost does much in the way of "introduction" without some underlying meaning.

I am not convinced that Mr. Ghostbuster is what he says he is. I think that he is similar to Sawyer, and is a scammer.

After all, he totally lied to the old lady. He was looking for money, (after overcharging the woman, then making a "refund" of the overpayment). There is something else going on in Gothem, and it stinks.

This show is full of cons. Remeber the one that Claire was connected with? And Sawyer, and now this guy? I don't think its a coincidence.
    Maybe he was a con-man. But who was he talking to in there? Who made the noise to show him where the money was? Why did he tell him/her to leave now? What was the butchered vacuum cleaner for? Just to make noise in case anyone was listening?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Maybe he was a con-man. But who was he talking to in there? Who made the noise to show him where the money was? Why did he tell him/her to leave now? What was the butchered vacuum cleaner for? Just to make noise in case anyone was listening?
    I haven't worked it all out yet, but I think he is a con. He was looking for money.

The vacum was just to make noise I think.

You ask a lot of questions. Whats your record?
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    I haven't worked it all out yet, but I think he is a con. He was looking for money.

The vacum was just to make noise I think.

You ask a lot of questions. Whats your record?
    All I have are questions so far. I'd throw in some answers if I had any.

"What is the monster?"
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

This past episode was, by far, the most confusing in quite awhile. I couldn't tell if we were flashing forward, backwards, or sideways.
    Why did Headcase start crying when he saw the news report about Oceanic 815?
    Why were these four chosen?
    Why did they all have street clothes on?
    When the Pilot was talking to the accident agency woman about the mistaken ID of the pilot, didn't anybody else think she sounded like she was part of the cover-up as well?
    Why was the anthropologist the only one with a bullet-proof vest? Did she know she was going to get shot?

Waaaay too many questions in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Why was the anthropologist the only one with a bullet-proof vest?
    How do you know that she was the only one? Maybe they all came with vests on after hearing Naomi's code.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    How do you know that she was the only one? Maybe they all came with vests on after hearing Naomi's code.
    Cue creepy music......

Maybe Topspeed knows because he's Benry's guy on the freighter....
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

They found the plane and everyone is dead. But apparently not everyone on the plane is who they appear to be. So is the plane in the ocean a plant? Did someone put it there to be found? Who? Why?
    Something just popped into my head...

Who knows that there were survivors from Oceanic 815?
    Who has reason to not want them to be found?
    Who would be so devious as to plant a fake plane with fake people at the bottom of the ocean to end the search?

BEN! That's who!

It looks like Lost episodes are being lost.

The Entertainment Weekly site has an update on when shows will return now that the writer's strike is over. From the EW site:

LOST (ABC)
    CURRENTLY AIRING For 10 episodes
    INSIDE SCOOP Lost will take a break in mid-March before resuming the next month; the 16-episode season arc will be told in 13 episodes.

It sounds like our current 8 episodes will extend to 10. A break. Then only three more.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    It looks like Lost episodes are being lost.

The Entertainment Weekly site has an update on when shows will return now that the writer's strike is over. From the EW site:

LOST (ABC)
    CURRENTLY AIRING For 10 episodes
    INSIDE SCOOP Lost will take a break in mid-March before resuming the next month; the 16-episode season arc will be told in 13 episodes.

It sounds like our current 8 episodes will extend to 10. A break. Then only three more.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes less is more...beats having 8, then waiting for a strike to end before getting more sometime in January '09.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Sometimes less is more...beats having 8, then waiting for a strike to end before getting more sometime in January '09.
    But they went from 23 shows in seasons 1, 2 and 3 to what was supposed to be 16 in S4 and is now only 13 in S4. I just feel ripped off is all. It's like we're only getting half a season but they're calling it a full season.

It's kind of like going to a fine restaurant and ordering an expensive steak only to find out that the steak is only 4oz. I don't care how damn good the steak is I'm still gonna be hungry!

But they went from 23 shows in seasons 1, 2 and 3 to what was supposed to be 16 in S4 and is now only 13 in S4. I just feel ripped off is all. It's like we're only getting half a season but they're calling it a full season.

It's kind of like going to a fine restaurant and ordering an expensive steak only to find out that the steak is only 4oz. I don't care how damn good the steak is I'm still gonna be hungry!
    Have some veggies and a little bread. Don't forget the soup and salad. You'll be fine.
    Great! Now I'm hungry.

Well, I guess when you put it like that. It sucks it's not 23 shows, but they'll make it up somehow, someway, I'm sure. Just gotta have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by fa
    I HATE that feeling!

You know, with the strike over, you'd think they would be extending the season, not shortening it. This is like The Sopranos, their season's seemed to get shorter and shorter while the breaks between seasons approached comic status.

It's well known that Abrams knows exactly how the show will end when it takes the final bow, so you'd think he knows how he wants to get from Point A to Point B to Point C. While I'm not happy the season is so short, I'm confident we'll get everything we need to know in supercharged morsels.

It's well known that Abrams knows exactly how the show will end when it takes the final bow, so you'd think he knows how he wants to get from Point A to Point B to Point C. While I'm not happy the season is so short, I'm confident we'll get everything we need to know in supercharged morsels.
    Think the lost shows are result of cancelled production - the story itself might be in Abrams head but translating that into a screenplay, script etc probably requires a writer. Maybe we'll get a super-duper 36 episode season 5?

Kam

i'm bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkk!!

My Losties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, my sincerest apologies for the long dissapearance, i have some major catching up to do and my most sincerest apologies for not being here in time to start the thread, however thanks to GM for starting it and for Topspeed for dragging me back!!

I've been lost a little (pun intended) with work and a new play whose rehearsals are nuts and rather draining. however, i shall now begin the insanity again, rest assured i have not failed to miss an episode or been coming up with as wild theories as ever...

i shall read what everyone has written first however, so that i may jump in as intelligibly as possible with the current discussion!
    /create

Kam

ps....

just for the total trivia minded dvd-extra lovers out there... had i gotten off my ass in time and made the thread, it would have been called:

"I once was LOST but i'm still not found....."

/create

Kam
    ok so i dont think this has been brought up yet...

polar bear in the desert??? with the dharma symbol on that sandal??

what in the???
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    just for the total trivia minded dvd-extra lovers out there... had i gotten off my ass in time and made the thread, it would have been called:

"I once was LOST but i'm still not found....."

YAY! Kam's back!

That would have been a great thread title Kam. Save that one for S5...if it's still appropriate.

Was that a sandle that she found with the polar bear in the desert? I thought that it was a collar that the bear wore. Either way, it doesn't explain what a polar bear was doing in the desert. But it's not really any stranger than a polar bear on our island, is it?

If Dharma was also doing experiments in the desert...what happened to the desert people? Did they suffer the same fate as our island Dharma folks?

You can sent a Lost valentine e-card to your loved one...

http://abc.go.com/valentinesdaycards/index?pn=index

I was curious about the scorpion sign on the Dharma collar from the polar bear. Does anybody remember that symbol for one of the stations on the island?

BTW, welcome back, Kam.

Welcome back KAM. I missed you.

Kam
    I was curious about the scorpion sign on the Dharma collar from the polar bear. Does anybody remember that symbol for one of the stations on the island?

BTW, welcome back, Kam.
    thanks top!!

and i thought it was a hydra? i have to find a screencap of it. my first reaction was it looked like the hydra station logo, but it might be a scorpion.
    /create

Kam
    YAY! Kam's back!

That would have been a great thread title Kam. Save that one for S5...if it's still appropriate.

Was that a sandle that she found with the polar bear in the desert? I thought that it was a collar that the bear wore. Either way, it doesn't explain what a polar bear was doing in the desert. But it's not really any stranger than a polar bear on our island, is it?

If Dharma was also doing experiments in the desert...what happened to the desert people? Did they suffer the same fate as our island Dharma folks?
    oh maybe that was a collar, k, off to find screencaps i am!!

but the one thing that struck a cord with that scene was the excavation finding polar bear remains in what one would think of as an 'ancient' dig? was there any references to the time of the dig, as in what they were digging for or anything in the background that showed what they were digging up?

i also thought it tied in to the statue we saw from before, the 4-toed statue and dharma's connection with an ancient "lost" civilization?
    /create

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Welcome back KAM. I missed you.
    great to be back! missed you and everyone else too!!

my Fav Film Fam!!!
    /create

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information