View Poll Results: What Kind of Monster Scares You Most?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vampires - From "Nosferatu" to effin' "Twilight" bloodsuckers remain popular.

1 12.50%
  • Werewolves - Almost as old a myth as the vampire and they've fared well of late too.

0 0%
  • Zombies (SLOW) - Slow zombies ala Night of the Living Dead" "The Walking Dead".

1 12.50%
  • Mummies - Another oldie but good that's been resurrected.

0 0%
  • Zombies (FAST) - Same problems as slow ones they're fast as hell. "28 Days Later"

2 25.00%
  • Ghouls - A definate minority but like Zombies they wanna munch ya.

0 0%
  • Evil Alians - Kind of a Stretch I know some of em can give you nightmares

1 12.50%
  • Satan - C'mon how many of us slept well afte seeing "The Exorcist"?

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Brand of Monster Scares You The Most?

There's been much makage of monsters recently and most of us either love or hate the various kinds depending on what scared us as kids. In that the various mythos are going strong I thought I'd ask, which brand of monster scares you the most. What gives you the most goosebumps and makes you shiver under the convers. I'm limiting this to classic monsters, no Jasons, or Freddies.

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Zombies. Totally zombies. Any kind of zombie. Fast or slow doesn't matter. The scariest ones are the ones that are just starting to change, so that you aren't quite sure if they're human or zombie.

Zombies are relentless. They won't stop until they have what they're looking for. Plus, if you get bitten by a zombie who doesn't just totally kill you, then you become a zombie too. At least Vampires and werewolves can lead somewhat normal lives. They have brains with the ability to think and reason. But zombies are just walking hungry vegetables. They are dumber than doorknobs. Zombies freak me out!
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 09-27-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Zombies. Totally zombies. Any kind of zombie. Fast or slow doesn't matter. The scariest ones are the ones that are just starting to change, so that you aren't quite sure if they're human or zombie.

Zombies are relentless. They won't stop until they have what they're looking for. Plus, if you get bitten by a zombie who doesn't just totally kill you, then you become a zombie too. At least Vampires and werewolves can lead somewhat normal lives. They have brains with the ability to think and reason. But zombies are just walking hungy vegetables. They are dumber than doorknobs. Zombies freak me out!
    I must say you've summed it up pretty well for me except I'm only scared of FAST Zombies. If I could armor up, either metal or Kevlar and wedge myself in a tight spot so they can only get at me one or two at a time? I'm golden. I could split Z-skulls all day and all night with a machete, axe, 2 by 4, table leg. Long as they can't immediately get flesh with a first bite or get around behind me, I'm good. Fast Zombies on the other hand, just un-stoppable. Too fast, to hard to brain kill.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I must say you've summed it up pretty well for me except I'm only scared of FAST Zombies. If I could armor up, either metal or Kevlar and wedge myself in a tight spot so they can only get at me one or two at a time? I'm golden. I could split Z-skulls all day and all night with a machete, axe, 2 by 4, table leg. Long as they can't immediately get flesh with a first bite or get around behind me, I'm good. Fast Zombies on the other hand, just un-stoppable. Too fast, to hard to brain kill.

Worf
    That's a lot of "ifs" there Worf. The problem with Zombies is that they have power in numbers. They ambush you and, fast or slow, they'll get you. Eventually, your body will tire of splitting heads. Lifting that axe, hammer, or whatever, will get difficult. And the second you hesitate, you're a goner.

Did you get written permission to use the word “Monster” in this thread? Those are the real monsters that frighten me. Not just that company, but other companies like them who use their power to screw over the little guy.
    OK OK… I’ll play nice.

I’d have to agree with Zombies. Fast are much worse. The slow ones would end up as roadkill as I ran them down. The fast ones might smash a window as I go by and give the next one a “window of opportunity.”

Vampires, Werewolves, and Aliens could be reasoned with at times. Maybe even Satan could be reasoned with, but if you’ve been bad, then all the words in the world won’t save you.

Mummies? Please, where’s my lighter? Yo ass is on fire sucka!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but here's an interesting side note. I saw the metal band Porcupine Tree recently and they played a song with the line "Shuffling thru the mall, like Zombies." and while the audience wasn't really the singing type, virtually everyone in the theater sang that line along with the song, shouting "ZOMBIES!" at the end. I found that really funny and also vey telling about just how important zombies have become to American pop-culture in the last 5-10 years. Zombie-awareness is everywhere now. They have totally captured the current American imagination.

Ah.....

That's a lot of "ifs" there Worf. The problem with Zombies is that they have power in numbers. They ambush you and, fast or slow, they'll get you. Eventually, your body will tire of splitting heads. Lifting that axe, hammer, or whatever, will get difficult. And the second you hesitate, you're a goner.
    Ah my dear but there's the rub. I've one thing on my side that Zombies do not. TIME... I sit and eat canned beans as their bodies deteriorate daily. They shamble for a reason, their muscles become dust their limbs fall off. After eating Vienna Sausages for a year, I emerge from my den armed to the teeth, picking off Autumn and her time ravaged Zombie spawn like flies off a melon....

Worf

You..you..you'd leave me out there with THEM?!

But I thought you liked me? I was counting on Worf to be my hero!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    demons (Satan or Satanic):
    deceptive,
    scary voices,
    can't get away from them,
    can mess with your mind,
    will possess you, your friends and/or family,
    or make you kill yourself,
    or drag you to hell.

I find satan/demons much scarier than zombies. And the movies are much scarier also. Like this one from Evil Dead.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Awwww c'mon Smoke, is anyone REALLY afraid of Satan anymore? That's so 80's...

Romanticist Philosopher

Thumbs down I voted vampires

Particularily female vamps since it would be truly terrifying if you are getting down to business and she starts to suck....... your blood. Man that is truly frightening.....

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Awwww c'mon Smoke, is anyone REALLY afraid of Satan anymore? That's so 80's...
    Well, psychologically we are more afraid of things we don't see than the ones we do see.

And no, do not think of Satan from South Park

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-The-Rambler
    Particularily female vamps since it would be truly terrifying if you are getting down to business and she starts to suck....... your blood. Man that is truly frightening.....
    not the scariest, but my favorite "brand of monster": lesbian vampires

Romanticist Philosopher

Wink Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    not the scariest, but my favorite "brand of monster": lesbian vampires
    The Vampire Lovers is quite an interesting film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Xuv2KZoNU
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 09-27-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Nooooooo!!!!!

You..you..you'd leave me out there with THEM?!

But I thought you liked me? I was counting on Worf to be my hero!
    I didn't leave you... They took you. However even their feeble minds recognized greatness and they elected you "Queen of the Zombie Women" and worshipped you. You had Zombies cleaning your house, doin da laundry (kinda hard sometimes as things kept falling int he washer) and you replaced your zombie chauffer daily. Hey, even a Zombie Queen is better than no Queen!

Worf

Inteesting ovservations...

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but here's an interesting side note. I saw the metal band Porcupine Tree recently and they played a song with the line "Shuffling thru the mall, like Zombies." and while the audience wasn't really the singing type, virtually everyone in the theater sang that line along with the song, shouting "ZOMBIES!" at the end. I found that really funny and also vey telling about just how important zombies have become to American pop-culture in the last 5-10 years. Zombie-awareness is everywhere now. They have totally captured the current American imagination.

One reason I think Zombies are so popular is that it gives you a humanoid target you can kill at will, with no guilt at all. They look human, act human (within reason) and you can kill them day and night 24/7 with no legal nor moral reservations at all. George Romero know not what he wrought but the final scene of the original "Night of the Living Dead" is telling, fur 'Mericans Zombie Huntin' would be great sport.

Worf

I didn't leave you... They took you. However even their feeble minds recognized greatness and they elected you "Queen of the Zombie Women" and worshipped you. You had Zombies cleaning your house, doin da laundry (kinda hard sometimes as things kept falling int he washer) and you replaced your zombie chauffer daily. Hey, even a Zombie Queen is better than no Queen!

Worf
    Much better. FA as the queen. It sure beats having you shoot the flies off her.... huh?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Worf
    Now you're just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-The-Rambler
    The Vampire Lovers is quite an interesting film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Xuv2KZoNU
    yes yes and yes to the entire Hammer trilogy The Vampire Lovers, Lust for a Vampire and Twins of Evil! Don't get me started on Euro lesbian vampire films - some of the finest trash ever put on film. Cross the English Channel and find Jean Rollin, Jess Franco, Jose Larraz, Paul Naschy, et al.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    it depends, but I guess I'd be more afraid of the un-seen. Most monsters are avoidable, since they seem to be limited to a time of day or location - except demons.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Someone here at work suggested that clowns scare her the most. She mentioned one called "It".

And....

Now you're just being silly.
    This is different how? LOL!!!! Silly in a conversation about mythical (I hope I hope) flesh eatin' monsters...

I like the idea of you as the Zombie Queen o' Canada... Title fits you well.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Someone here at work suggested that clowns scare her the most. She mentioned one called "It".
    "It" is a Stephen King novel. I don't really remember the story, but I do remember it scaring the crap out of me. It was made into a movie, but I didn't see 'it'. (see how I did that?)

This is different how? LOL!!!! Silly in a conversation about mythical (I hope I hope) flesh eatin' monsters...

I like the idea of you as the Zombie Queen o' Canada... Title fits you well.

Worf
    LOL. Can animals become Zombies? If a dog bit a zombie would the dog become a zombie-dog?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information