View Poll Results: What Kind of Monster Scares You Most?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vampires - From "Nosferatu" to effin' "Twilight" bloodsuckers remain popular.

1 12.50%
  • Werewolves - Almost as old a myth as the vampire and they've fared well of late too.

0 0%
  • Zombies (SLOW) - Slow zombies ala Night of the Living Dead" "The Walking Dead".

1 12.50%
  • Mummies - Another oldie but good that's been resurrected.

0 0%
  • Zombies (FAST) - Same problems as slow ones they're fast as hell. "28 Days Later"

2 25.00%
  • Ghouls - A definate minority but like Zombies they wanna munch ya.

0 0%
  • Evil Alians - Kind of a Stretch I know some of em can give you nightmares

1 12.50%
  • Satan - C'mon how many of us slept well afte seeing "The Exorcist"?

3 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    "It" is a Stephen King novel. I don't really remember the story, but I do remember it scaring the crap out of me. It was made into a movie, but I didn't see 'it'. (see how I did that?)
    Yes. Yes, I did see it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    LOL. Can animals become Zombies? If a dog bit a zombie would the dog become a zombie-dog?
    A half-dog on a stick came back to "life" after direct exposure to zombiefyin' military gas in Return of the Living Dead. Even dead butterflies pinned to a display board started flappin' their wings.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    A half-dog on a stick came back to "life" after direct exposure to zombiefyin' military gas in Return of the Living Dead. Even dead butterflies pinned to a display board started flappin' their wings.
    Trippy

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile I've started my search...

yes yes and yes to the entire Hammer trilogy The Vampire Lovers, Lust for a Vampire and Twins of Evil! Don't get me started on Euro lesbian vampire films - some of the finest trash ever put on film. Cross the English Channel and find Jean Rollin, Jess Franco, Jose Larraz, Paul Naschy, et al.
    I have The Vampire Lovers and I'm currently looking for Lust For A Vampire and Twins of Evil at reasonable prices on DVD. I remember when Monsters HD, a 24 hour HD horror movie channel broadcast these movies in 1080i, when it was available in my area before it went out of business. Any ideas where to find them and not get ripped off? I'm really interested only in widescreen copies. Amazon doesn't seem to have them.

I couldn't stop laughing MAO when the first zombie climbed out of that tank and started staggering around the room. It looked like an old Dick Van Dike routine.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I just can't believe in Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves and the Devil. Now, aliens from another star system, that's something I can believe in.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I couldn't stop laughing MAO when the first zombie climbed out of that tank and started staggering around the room. It looked like an old Dick Van Dike routine.
    That movie was nuthin' but FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-The-Rambler
    I have The Vampire Lovers and I'm currently looking for Lust For A Vampire and Twins of Evil at reasonable prices on DVD. I remember when Monsters HD, a 24 hour HD horror movie channel broadcast these movies in 1080i, when it was available in my area before it went out of business. Any ideas where to find them and not get ripped off? I'm really interested only in widescreen copies. Amazon doesn't seem to have them.
    Yeah, Amazon has them "available from other sellers" for too much $$ and I think one is a Region 2 import. I haven't checked any other websites yet. I have these on vhs as well as many other Euro Trash lesbian vampire flicks from Jean Rollin and Jess Franco from back in the 90s when a friend of mine and I use to order imports from various catalog companies like Video Search of Miami and Midnite Video. I've been able to replace some but not all with dvds.

In the meantime, check out Daughters of Darkness and Vampyres which are available directly from Amazon. Amazon has a double feature dvd with Countess Dracula and The Vampire Lovers which you already have (both with the voluptuous Ingrid Pitt). They may go on sale the closer we get to Halloween.

I miss MonsterHD, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    I just can't believe in Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves and the Devil. Now, aliens from another star system, that's something I can believe in.
    Hokay, I kinda agree with that premise but the question was WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    That's why 'Alien' scared the crap out of me.

Charm Thai™
    In 1986 Cleveland had a really big earthquake that shifted the front door frame of my parents house making it difficult to lock the door if you didn't shut it just right.

Well ever since that day I'd have dreams of zombies (slow) chasing me down the street. Just as I got to the house I'd slam the door and try to lock it but of course it wouldn't lock and the zombies would blow open the door.

Must had versions of that dream a 100 times over the years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information