Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by emesbee
    I don't know why people bother with computer speakers. If you have a decent hi-fi system (and I'm assuming that most people on this forum do), then just buy a good quality sound card and connect the line-out to your amplifier. That way your computer just becomes another audio input to your hi-fi system. It will sound far superior to any speakers you might connect directly to your PC.

I've installed an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card in my computer. It has gold plated RCA jacks for line-in/line-out instead of those awful 3mm sockets that most sound cards have. I've connected it to my amplifier, which is a Musical Fidelity Elektra E11 driving VAF DC-X speakers (local Australian speaker company, http://www.vaf.com.au/) and it sounds great. There's no way that a set of PC speakers could sound anywhere near as good.
    You are, of coarse, correct. Stick around. Read a few more threads from Spanky. You'll see.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You are, of coarse, correct. Stick around. Read a few more threads from Spanky. You'll see.

I can only second that

a new thread appears every few weeks/days, depending on how fast he can run to circuit city (and friends ), to get a new pair of pc speakers...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emesbee
    I don't know why people bother with computer speakers. If you have a decent hi-fi system (and I'm assuming that most people on this forum do), then just install a good quality sound card in your computer and connect the line-out to your amplifier. That way your computer just becomes another audio input to your hi-fi system. It will sound far superior to any speakers you might connect directly to your PC.

I've installed an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card in my computer. It has gold plated RCA jacks for line-in/line-out instead of those awful 3mm sockets that most sound cards have. I've connected it to my amplifier, which is a Musical Fidelity Elektra E11 driving VAF DC-X speakers (local Australian speaker company, http://www.vaf.com.au/) and it sounds great. There's no way that a set of PC speakers could sound anywhere near as good.
    Yeah, the problem you have in this specific case is you've been duped into taking one of Spanky's posts seriously. By leaps and bounds,he's the best troll I've ever encountered. FWIW, you're completely correct in your assertion and I'd imagine you're getting a great sound with some serious convenience. Looks like a very strong system.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yes emesbee, stick around. First you'll feel like this:, then this: , then this: , then this: at which point you'll have caught on, then you'll start scheming: , and then you'll sit back and at what you've discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Yes emesbee, stick around. First you'll feel like this:, then this: , then this: , then this: at which point you'll have caught on, then you'll start scheming: , and then you'll sit back and at what you've discovered.
    Gee. Looks like the gang's all here.
    Don't forget this guy though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Thanks guys. Good advice, erm, I think. Maybe I'll just do this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information