Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Altec Lansing speakers

Right now I' am using the Altec Lansing VS2320 speakers and they are a step up from the BXR1121 even they don't have a sub. I can say the sound is much more clear and realistic than the BXR1121 had but of cource the bass on the BXR1121 had more since it had a sub. Just the mids and highs sound better on the VS2320. I called Altec Lansing and they said that the VS2320 is much better than the BXR series since like for the same price I paid for the VS2320 I could get the BXR1121 that comes with a sub.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

In the future I' am thinking to get the Altec Lansing VS4121 that costs $80 since they would be a huge upgrade from what I have from them. I want to try out some Altec Lansing speakers from now and see how they sound.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended

Just an observation

SVI,

I noticed in one of your posts in the Speaker section, you made a comment about how the rest of us could afford $500 speakers but you could not.

It's all about choice. What I have done ( and most likely the rest of those who post on the speaker board) is make the choice to have a decent set of speakers. On the other hand, you have made the choice to buy a $500 computer on which to play your music through $20 speakers. You could have chosen to do things differently.

Myself, I used my first income tax return check to buy my first Audio system that was an Onkyo Receiver, Onkyo cassette deck, and a pair of Infinity speakers. At that time it was about $500.

Just for the record, nothing sounds realistic or clear when played through $20 speakers. Do yourself a favor, go to your closest audio dealer (not Best Buy or Circuit City) and listen to some entry level systems. After finding something you like, make the choice to figure out how to achieve your goal. It's not all that hard to create a priority in your life and strive to attain it.

You have been wasting way too much of your life and time playing with toy speakers and writing mundane and useless posts about them.

My recommendation is simple. Get a life, get a job, and buy a real audio system so you can actually have a listening style such as the one you list in your profile. There are no $20 Audiophile grade speakers.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    SVI,

I noticed in one of your posts in the Speaker section, you made a comment about how the rest of us could afford $500 speakers but you could not.

It's all about choice. What I have done ( and most likely the rest of those who post on the speaker board) is make the choice to have a decent set of speakers. On the other hand, you have made the choice to buy a $500 computer on which to play your music through $20 speakers. You could have chosen to do things differently.

Myself, I used my first income tax return check to buy my first Audio system that was an Onkyo Receiver, Onkyo cassette deck, and a pair of Infinity speakers. At that time it was about $500.

Just for the record, nothing sounds realistic or clear when played through $20 speakers. Do yourself a favor, go to your closest audio dealer (not Best Buy or Circuit City) and listen to some entry level systems. After finding something you like, make the choice to figure out how to achieve your goal. It's not all that hard to create a priority in your life and strive to attain it.

You have been wasting way too much of your life and time playing with toy speakers and writing mundane and useless posts about them.

My recommendation is simple. Get a life, get a job, and buy a real audio system so you can actually have a listening style such as the one you list in your profile. There are no $20 Audiophile grade speakers.
    I'll 2nd that!

Most computer speakers (especially the $20 ones) are not intended to be used by discerning listeners. The kind of serious listening that you like to do, really means that you need to start saving towards something better. You don't need $500 speakers (not now anyway) but start listening to some gear above your current budget to at least know what is out there.

My Suggestion is to go to your nearest NAD dealer and listen to a NAD C315/C515 combo with a pair of PSB Alpha bookshelves. It's a lot more than you may be able to spend right now, but at least it will open your eyes (ears) to what good sound is like.

I today just got the Altec Lansing VS4121 and they were $80 and that sound amazing the bass is soo deep and low since it has a 6 and a half inch subwoofer. It's the most expensive Altec Lansing speakers I ever had. I noticed that these speakers are a 3 way since it has two tweeters on each speakers and one 3in mid range drivers on each speakers and the sub for the bass. I got them at Target. I did return the Bose speakers and got these instead.
    Dallas's Forums

I guess I forgot how good was a speakers that is around 6in. I use to have the JBL S26 and thay had a 6in woofers too. I speakers I have is a 6 1/2in sub so it's a little bigger than my old JBL S26 I use to have before I sold them.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    Anybody remember the REAL Altec speakers that were about the size of a small deep freeze? I have no idea what they'd sound like to me today but as a teen hooked to a big receiver they rocked.

If i were going to use my computer as a source of music I'd at least get the basic Audio Engineer amplified speakers at about $199.00. I saw those Altec's and several others at CC a couple years back and they all distorted badly when giving them any volume. Another way to go would be to hook the computer to a receiver or amp which many have found cheap on Craig's list or thrift stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Anybody remember the REAL Altec speakers that were about the size of a small deep freeze? I have no idea what they'd sound like to me today but as a teen hooked to a big receiver they rocked.

If i were going to use my computer as a source of music I'd at least get the basic Audio Engineer amplified speakers at about $199.00. I saw those Altec's and several others at CC a couple years back and they all distorted badly when giving them any volume. Another way to go would be to hook the computer to a receiver or amp which many have found cheap on Craig's list or thrift stores.

you mean like the model 19's and the A7's?

i don't remember them (wasn't born yet ), but yeah, I think I know what you mean

Altec still makes the A7 'voice of the theatre' btw...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I today just got the Altec Lansing VS4121 and they were $80 and that sound amazing the bass is soo deep and low since it has a 6 and a half inch subwoofer. It's the most expensive Altec Lansing speakers I ever had. I noticed that these speakers are a 3 way since it has two tweeters on each speakers and one 3in mid range drivers on each speakers and the sub for the bass. I got them at Target. I did return the Bose speakers and got these instead.
    Why do you keep deleting your past posts only to repost the same thing as if it were new?
    Do you even listen to music or just swap speakers in and out all day?

What do you listen to for your tests? If you don't answer this time, we are all going to assume it is Milli Vanilli.

By the way, you ripped yourself off once again. You could have gotten them for $55 here:
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...33&dcaid=17902

Suspended
    Didn't JohnMichael say something about putting Spanky Troll on trial, where he's the executioner and one of us gets to be SVI's defense attorney?

So, what happened to your beloved Bose speakers?

Pure BS, eh? It's starting to look more and more likely that you're simply trolling.

Enjoy your stay here. It may be shorter than you hope for.

Altec Lancing computer speakers aren't bad at lower volumes. Certainly not audiophile grade, but a fair bang for the buck. They do still make some of their "classic" speakers. But at 82db sensitivity, you'd need some real power to drive them to loud levels.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    They do still make some of their "classic" speakers. But at 82db sensitivity, you'd need some real power to drive them to loud levels.

not with the A7's you don't, with their 97db/w sensetivity

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    not with the A7's you don't, with their 97db/w sensetivity

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Very true. Those are some very horny speakers. Their 305S's, 508S's and 510s"s are a little different though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I thought in the past I told you guys what kinds of music I listen too. But I guess I will say it again. I listen to allkinds of music but my favorite types are Alternative Rock, Jazz, Pop, Techno, some Rap and some Bass Tester type music since I like hearing the low bass.
    Dallas's Forums

I thought in the past I told you guys what kinds of music I listen too. But I guess I will say it again. I listen to allkinds of music but my favorite types are Alternative Rock, Jazz, Pop, Techno, some Rap and some Bass Tester type music since I like hearing the low bass.

those are genres,

what TRACKS, or at least albums do you use to test albums...

and why use a bass tester with speakers that won't give real bass? only thing you're going to do is destroying your speakers, in the long term,

oh, I forgot, you change speakers every week, so there is no such thing as long term...

btw, define bass testers, if I really want to use such thing, I either use a tone generator, or this: http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm
    scroll all the way down for a few 'songs' which contain ultra low frequencies, not that you're going to hear that much of them, but whatever...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Can he be banned? pleaaase?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    But if we ban him, this forum will be completely dead much like the rest of them. This is the Daily Chuckle for many of us.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Not without a trial!!! I want to see a hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Not without a trial!!! I want to see him hanging!
    You want to see him doing what?!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You want to see him doing what?!
    I believe that was "Hanging by his Bose".

Suspended
    Yes. That is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I believe that was "Hanging by his Bose".
    That's got to hurt like h'll.

Suspended
    For every one of the genres listed, I can show you a track that is recorded well and one that is not.

Please list some songs and the band.

Here are some lists of songs I listen to.

These are my top fav songs I listen to most.

06 Bass Tester - Illegal Bass - B
    08 Bass Tester - Subwoofer Mix
    12 DJ Magic Mike - World's Deepest Bass (extreme woofer test)
    13 Feel The Subs
    Bass, I love you
    Bassotronics with Bass Mekanik
    Visions of The Future
    Techno Tronics
    Instrumentals - Youngbloodz ft Lil Jon - Damn
    Usher - Yeah (Techno-Remix)
    Usher - Yeah

Everything below is my whole collection of songs I downloaded.

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
    Baby Bash feat T-Pain- Cyclone
    Instrumentals - Youngbloodz ft Lil Jon - Damn
    Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
    Mary J Blige - Growing Pains - 10 - Fade Away
    Mary J Blige - Growing Pains - 11 - What Love Is
    Mary J. Blige - Growing Pains - 04 - Feel Like A Woman
    Pantera - Cemetary Gates
    TLC - No Scrubs
    Usher - Yeah (Techno-Remix)
    Usher - Yeah

Here are my bass tester songs.

01 3 types of bass
    04 Bass Test
    06 Bass Tester - Illegal Bass - B
    08 Bass Tester - Subwoofer Mix
    09 Bass Testers - Deep ass bass song
    12 DJ Magic Mike - World's Deepest Bass (extreme woofer test)
    13 Feel The Subs
    15 test
    Bass Tester - Subwoofer Excursion Test
    Bass Testers - Illegal Car Bass
    Bass, I love you
    Bassotronics with Bass Mekanik
    Papa Smurf's Dimension
    Powered 4 Sound
    Set The Bass Free
    Techno Tronics
    Visions of The Future
    Dallas's Forums