Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    Well when you actualy think of the price of the AV-20 they do cost alot for a computer speakers since most computer speakers are around $10 to $80 and the ones that cost more than $80 are high end. I even talked to alot of computer guys and they say that $130 pair of speakers is really high end audiophile type since most that price come with a sub but since these don't they are built well and have alot of features. Basicaly instead of the money going to the sub and to speakers it just goes to the two speakers so they put more money into the pair of speakers like mine. You can't really compair computer speakers or studio monitors to high end stereo system since of cource they will have a bigger driver and more watts etc. Like the JBL S26 I had long time agao of cource had more bass and everything since it was like 10 times bigger than the AV-20 so you can't ever compair my new AV-20 to those floorstanding speakers or big bookshelf speakers. But to get to the point for computer speakers these are the best high end compact multimedia speakers.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

The best?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well basicaly all of the AV series are the best computer type speakers. Of cource the AV-30 or AV-40 is a step up from the AV-20 so the sound will be better on those since they have bigger woofers and the tweeters are silk instead of Myler like the AV-20 is and more power too but the built and everything is all the same on the AV-series. The AV-30 and AV-40 has more power so it does have a bigger amp and it uses Class A/B type. The AV-20 uses Class D amp. The AV-20 doesn't need much power since the drivers are small.
    Dallas's Forums

my pc speakers cost $400, so what are they, exotic?

and since when are 'pc guys' the reference to tell what's high end and what's not? pc guys are pc guys, they should mind about pc's, audio is for audio guys...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

But for the size of drivers and and the design and built it's the best ever. 2in, 3in, 4in they are made the best for each model meaning that for a 2in the AV-20 is the best and for a 3in the AV-30 is the best and for a 4in the AV-40 is the best for it's size. I know all are built really well and durable. The drivers, MDF wood enclosure, magnets and amps are made really high end for computer speakers that's forsure. But of cource if you have PC speakers that cost alot more than $200 pair and they have no sub and just a pair of speakers probley those have more higher end design and build. But of cource I can't afford PC speakers that cost more than $200 pair that only has two speakers and no sub.
    Dallas's Forums

I can't actually believe he has 547 posts here

It's days like this that make me feel so much smarter than I really am.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I can't actually believe he has 547 posts here
    Well, the world is full of 2" woofers.

Suspended
    I knew as soon as I entered this thread that I'd exit LMFAO.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I knew as soon as I entered this thread that I'd exit LMFAO.

Notice how he never answers what his reference music is. But hey, this does keep us laughing for sure.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Notice how he never answers what his reference music is. But hey, this does keep us laughing for sure.
    I'm guessing erasure MP3's downloaded from Limewire at 64 kbps. There just something about Oh L'Amour with a 2 inch woofer, a fish, a cottonwood tree and some rubber gloves.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I'll betcha he just stares at 'em..

I just returned and upgraded to the AV-30 and yes those have more power but I can say for a 3in woofer it's the best PC speakers you can get. They cost $150 pair. But I got them for $100 so it's a good deal.
    Dallas's Forums

My new speakers I got have too much power I mean just turning the volume half way is like soo loud in my room it's like a concert loud. But is that better that I don't need to turn them up that much to make them loud like the AV-20 I had before? I really think that my new AV-30 has 2 times more power meaning it really really goes loud in my room even it's not set all the way to max. So I don't need to turn the volume up as much as I use to.
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    Spanky, if you turn them up to the point where you hear like a crackling sound it'll help break them in. It stretches the paper cones which makes the speaker reproduce the sound better. I did that with my Logitech Z-5500's and the difference was nothing short of amazing.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    SVI, let us all know before you move up to a 6" woofer. I wanna be prepared for the Rapture.

Well is it actualy better that I don't need to turn them up that much to make the same loudness? It seems like you guys said that then it won't hurt your ears as much since it won't distort. Just turning the volume 25% from 0 makes it loud and if I turn it half way then it's very very loud. I don't need to turn it close to max like the other ones I had.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Spanky, if you turn them up to the point where you hear like a crackling sound it'll help break them in. It stretches the paper cones which makes the speaker reproduce the sound better. I did that with my Logitech Z-5500's and the difference was nothing short of amazing.
    Stop that! You know he will believe you and try it.
    Wouldn't you feel sad if he came back saying that he tried your advice and now his beloved 3 inchers were torn up beyond repair?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Betty White was the hottest chick on "The Golden Girls." It may be true, but who cares? Look at what it's being compared to.

I wonder what Sigmund Freud would have to say about this statement?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I wonder what Sigmund Freud would have to say about this statement?
    That, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    My new speakers I got have too much power I mean just turning the volume half way is like soo loud in my room it's like a concert loud. But is that better that I don't need to turn them up that much to make them loud like the AV-20 I had before? I really think that my new AV-30 has 2 times more power meaning it really really goes loud in my room even it's not set all the way to max. So I don't need to turn the volume up as much as I use to.

oh great, more stuff to entertain us...
    no wonder you never have money for speakers that cost more than $200, you just waste your money on other cheap speakers EVERY BLOODY WEEK.

and for the last time, even though the tech, the box, the manual, the specs on the site and the pc nerd told you that they were the best.
    they are not. they are good pc speakers (well, even if they were pc speakers, I'd still like something with woofers bigger than 3,5"...) but there it ends.

and no, they don't go to volumes that even come close to 'concert loud', and you don't have to try that, unless you want your speakers to be blown...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    That, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

OMFG !!!! this drivel just keeps going on and on and on..........
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Welcome to the wunnerful, whacky world of an SVI thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBC
    OMFG !!!! this drivel just keeps going on and on and on..........
    He's kinda the forum's resident bobblehead doll. Every so often you just have give it a good whack to keep it bobbing...

Forum Regular
    I don't know why people bother with computer speakers. If you have a decent hi-fi system (and I'm assuming that most people on this forum do), then just install a good quality sound card in your computer and connect the line-out to your amplifier. That way your computer just becomes another audio input to your hi-fi system. It will sound far superior to any speakers you might connect directly to your PC.

I've installed an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card in my computer. It has gold plated RCA jacks for line-in/line-out instead of those awful 3mm sockets that most sound cards have. I've connected it to my amplifier, which is a Musical Fidelity Elektra E11 driving VAF DC-X speakers (local Australian speaker company, http://www.vaf.com.au/) and it sounds great. There's no way that a set of PC speakers could sound anywhere near as good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information