Thread: CD Question

AR Newbie Registered Member

CD Question

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following anomoly. I have the Onkyo TX-SR700 and the DX-C390 connected with a single digital coaxial cable. Every now and then I run across a CD which appears to play normally but has no sound. To get the sound I must turn the amp off then back on. Then the CD plays fine. Makes no difference which device is powered first. Like I said this only happens with a CD every now and then and with only those CD's. Could this be caused by some sort of digital copy protections. If so has anyone found a solution? I took these CD's to Circuit City and they played fine on a player connected by an analog cable.

Thanks

Licenseduser

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Licenseduser
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following anomoly. I have the Onkyo TX-SR700 and the DX-C390 connected with a single digital coaxial cable. Every now and then I run across a CD which appears to play normally but has no sound. To get the sound I must turn the amp off then back on. Then the CD plays fine. Makes no difference which device is powered first. Like I said this only happens with a CD every now and then and with only those CD's. Could this be caused by some sort of digital copy protections. If so has anyone found a solution? I took these CD's to Circuit City and they played fine on a player connected by an analog cable.

Thanks

Licenseduser

Not sure. But do I understand you correctly that it happens to the same CD/s when this anomaly happens?
    mtrycrafts

AR Newbie Registered Member

CD Question

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Not sure. But do I understand you correctly that it happens to the same CD/s when this anomaly happens?
    Yes that is correct. When the anomoly happens it is same CD's all the time and it is not a random thing. The CD's that have this anomoly do it all the time. All other CD's play fine.

Licenseduser

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Licenseduser
    Yes that is correct. When the anomoly happens it is same CD's all the time and it is not a random thing. The CD's that have this anomoly do it all the time. All other CD's play fine.

Licenseduser

Interesting indeed. Try calling the component maker and see if they have an answer. Let us know if they do.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information