Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy
    Two words that keep coming into mind to describe the new SQ with the Pangea. First, vitality. The darker background and added bass depth simply make the music more energized in overall presentation. Second word, vividness. The Patricia Barber live recordings, Companion, and Live a Fortnight in France, which are both already very, very high SQ simply got even more vivid. Also, background music,voices, noises in recording are easily audible so the AC9 is somehow impacting resolution in the CD playback in a very positive manner.

I've not been able to detect a change in tonality or changes in mid or high end extension. It's all good. So, there it is in two words. Pangea AC9 in my system equals vitality and vividness added into my audio system.
    I'm glad your experiencing these results, I look forward to the same.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Charm Thai™
    Agreed. Lookin for new power cords myself. I have been absolutely unimpressed with the PS audio cords I'm using now (possibly the worst audio purchase i have ever made) and want to replace them as soon as I can but don't want to shell out major cabbage. May have to give the Pangea's a try. Thanks for the info LeRoy.

Suspended
    I usually hear good things about PS Audio, be sure to post back what happens with the Pangean.

Charm Thai™
    Will do Peabody. To be honest I can't tell the difference between the stock power cables and the PS Audio's. I've tried to trick myself into liking them to avoid buyers remorse but it's not happening. Plus the darn things just don't fit the IEC receptacles on any of my equipment snug enought for me to consider acceptable.

Anyway, reading LeRoy's statements about the Pangea's are pretty encouraging.

Forum Regular

Hello TheHills44060

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Agreed. Lookin for new power cords myself. I have been absolutely unimpressed with the PS audio cords I'm using now (possibly the worst audio purchase i have ever made) and want to replace them as soon as I can but don't want to shell out major cabbage. May have to give the Pangea's a try. Thanks for the info LeRoy.
    You're welcome for the info. If you decide to get a Pangea power cord let us know how it turns out for you. Have a nice day.

LeRoy

Well, I just inserted the PCs into the rig. Because it's difficult to get at the back, I decided to put them all in at once. I picked up one for the oppo DVD but it will need an adapter so I put that PC on the LCD for now. The system, except for the power amp, is run through a PureAV power conditioner.

I have only an hour or so on them but my initial thoughts are pretty much what LeRoy has stated, the bass notes just seem to be reproduced more effortlessly. I also hear more detailed micro-dynamics, background vocals and instruments are more precisely located and pronounced. Vivid while remaining neutral.

Most of us here know our systems very well so any small change to it is readily noticeable, I'm no different but I perceive these improvements to be more than a small subtle change.

Would I buy these again, you betcha!

Good for you and a Bummer for me....I placed my order with my dealer here in St. Louis over 2 weeks ago, and still have not received mine. Emailed him Saturday only to find that the warehouse is out and they are waiting a new shipment.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular

Hello LDB

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues

Most of us here know our systems very well so any small change to it is readily noticeable, I'm no different but I perceive these improvements to be more than a small subtle change.

Would I buy these again, you betcha!
    I'm in total agreement with you. The improvements are quickly apparent with the Pangea.
    I am still waiting for my second shipment to arrive.

I'm in total agreement with you. The improvements are quickly apparent with the Pangea.
    I am still waiting for my second shipment to arrive.
    You certainly get a sense of the equipment 'breathing' easier now, no more gulping for air (current) through a straw (16 AWG stock cords). This is of course more apparent the lower the bass note.

I may order a couple more with the IEC to C7 adapter for the rest of the gear.
    Last edited by Luvin Da Blues; 11-30-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Forum Regular
    Here is a review from the Sonic Flare website that potential power cord buyers may want to read:

http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/a...power-cord.php

Two words that keep coming into mind to describe the new SQ with the Pangea. First, vitality. The darker background and added bass depth simply make the music more energized in overall presentation. Second word, vividness. The Patricia Barber live recordings, Companion, and Live a Fortnight in France, which are both already very, very high SQ simply got even more vivid. Also, background music,voices, noises in recording are easily audible so the AC9 is somehow impacting resolution in the CD playback in a very positive manner.

I've not been able to detect a change in tonality or changes in mid or high end extension. It's all good. So, there it is in two words. Pangea AC9 in my system equals vitality and vividness added into my audio system.
    Well my friend...I got my Pangea 9 and not only is the background darker, but on my Bob James CD...the highs coming through the Cantons are more crisp and I seem to have more profound detail. On Paul Desmond it seems to have more dynamics...energy as well....Its as if the cord really gave my system a shot in the arm....and the cord is not even broken in yet. I will be ordering cords for every component in my system.

And tomorrow after work...I have to go and get about 2000 albums a friend is giving me...he is going into an senior retirement home, so has no need for them. Then I will be playing with the Rega Brio and Stello CDP and External DAC....before the missus drags me off to a wedding...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Well my friend...I got my Pangea 9 and not only is the background darker, but on my Bob James CD...the highs coming through the Cantons are more crisp and I seem to have more profound detail. On Paul Desmond it seems to have more dynamics...energy as well....Its as if the cord really gave my system a shot in the arm....and the cord is not even broken in yet. I will be ordering cords for every component in my system.

And tomorrow after work...I have to go and get about 2000 albums a friend is giving me...he is going into an senior retirement home, so has no need for them. Then I will be playing with the Rega Brio and Stello CDP and External DAC....before the missus drags me off to a wedding...
    Good deal Frenchmon. Once I hooked up my AC9 I knew immediately I would be ordering more PC's from Pangea. Earlier in the week I did get my AC14 C7 cord which I connected to the Marantz 6001 DVD/CD/SACD player. I thought the connection was a little too loose but the unit does turn on so it must be okay. While I really have not done a very critical analysis of the C7 cord one thing that I have noticed is the movie dialogue is much, much more clear. I also connected the second AC9 cord to the Arcam AVR 200 and that is also contributing to the overall sound improvement, including the control now over the RBH subwoofer. I am still waiting for 3 of the AC14 SE power cables as they are on back order with AA.

Glad to know you are experiencing a system improvement with the Pangea. There is no going back to stock cables ever again!

Good luck with the RB3 and Stello experiment. I am assuming you have enough cabling too? Have a good time this evening....

LeRoy
    Last edited by LeRoy; 12-04-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Well The Marantz 6001 SACDP is just smoking with the Pangea AC-9. I have never heard Grover Washington sound this good before. I once heard someone say that music really lives in the mid-range and they where correct. I've had this cord for one day so it cant be broken in yet...This thing makes my stereo really loud....much louder than before. I am hearing detail that was subtle before, now more defined...The sound stage is thicker and more expanded...and the bottom end is more fuller and more pronounced. The Rotel is acting like it really has been juiced up. Before the night is over I am going to have to really do some critical listening while comparing the Rotel sound to the Rega Brio 3 sound.

Well The Marantz 6001 SACDP is just smoking with the Pangea AC-9. I have never heard Grover Washington sound this good before. I once heard someone say that music really lives in the mid-range and they where correct. I've had this cord for one day so it cant be broken in yet...This thing makes my stereo really loud....much louder than before. I am hearing detail that was subtle before, now more defined...The sound stage is thicker and more expanded...and the bottom end is more fuller and more pronounced. The Rotel is acting like it really has been juiced up. Before the night is over I am going to have to really do some critical listening while comparing the Rotel sound to the Rega Brio 3 sound.
    These cables have to be rated as one of the best values in audio right now. Makes one wonder why good equipment manufactures don't include a higher end PC or at least give one the option.

These cables have to be rated as one of the best values in audio right now. Makes one wonder why good equipment manufactures don't include a higher end PC or at least give one the option.
    I agree..for the price of the AC-9 alone is a very good value....The way manufactures re-baggage gear as their own these days, they could have their own product sounding really superb for a least $50-$75 dollars more if they included a re-baggaged AC-9 as their own product.( lets hope they are not reading this....the AC-9 is a real steal sold as is.)

frenchmon, do you think the AC-9 maybe a bit overkill for a CDP? I may have to experiment and see if the AC-9 makes any difference on my preamp and DAC vs. the AC-14s.

frenchmon, do you think the AC-9 maybe a bit overkill for a CDP? I may have to experiment and see if the AC-9 makes any difference on my preamp and DAC vs. the AC-14s.
    It may be a bit over kill unless your CDP and Preamp is high-current to which the AC-9 is designed. IF you do experiment list your findings. I wasnt stating that I hooked the AC-9 up to the SACDP...only that the Marantz had new life as a result of the new life with the power amp....sorry for the confusion. Its like the Ac-9 has super charged the entire system.

This thing makes my stereo really loud....much louder than before.
    Let's not go overboard here. It is with comments like that lead some to ridicule the benefits of aftermarket cords. Don't get me wrong - I use several in my systems of various makes. Let's just set the proper expectations. Blacker background, better resolution, punchier bass, potentially yes. Louder, especially for a source component? Don't think so.

rw

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Let's not go overboard here. It is with comments like that lead some to ridicule the benefits of aftermarket cords. Don't get me wrong - I use several in my systems of various makes. Let's just set the proper expectations. Blacker background, better resolution, punchier bass, potentially yes. Louder, especially for a source component? Don't think so.

rw

Ah...E-stat, not trying to go over board.....my system is louder.

Dont take my word for it...but read Emaidel's notes as well

The differences? First, dynamics. When music gets loud, as most symphonic music does, it gets really LOUD, and a good deal louder than before. I've had to back off on the volume control several times during some listening trials. Second, everything has a smoother, less restrained sound, with a very significant improvement in bass response (quite an accomplishment, since the power cord isn't connected in any way to my suboowfer, but is only involved with the DQ-10's whose bass response was never anything to write home about). In a nutshell, music now sounds less compressed, though I didn't think it sounded compressed before

Ah...E-stat, not trying to go over board.....my system is louder.
    I think you'll find that your peak SPLs haven't changed unless you're simply choosing to push your amplifiers harder. I will agree, however, that cleaner systems sound "louder" while not exhibiting any increased sound pressure level. The reduction of noise components allows more signal to come through and provides greater dynamic range especially at the bottom where the "relative" loudness is apparently increased.

rw

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    I think you'll find that your peak SPLs haven't changed unless you're simply choosing to push your amplifiers harder. I will agree, however, that cleaner systems sound "louder" while not exhibiting any increased sound pressure level. The reduction of noise components allows more signal to come through and provides greater dynamic range especially at the bottom where the "relative" loudness is apparently increased.

rw

I think you've nailed it.

Aging Smartass
    It's gratifying to see that others have followed my suggestion and tried out the Pangea AC-9 for themselves (please forgive my initial misquote as "PC-9), and experienced mmany of the same benefits that I did. And, while I didn't post this, I too noticed the cable sounded better after a "break-in" period. I'm still quite stunned at the greatly increased dynamic range on some classical recordings, and the "heft and might" of a large orchestra with this power cord.

My son in law asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I asked for two AC-14SE cords: one for my SACD player, and the other for my pre-amp. He ordered them on December 3rd from Audio Advisor, and they've been back-ordered since. So, I won't be able to spend any part of Christmas Day listening to the improvements they are sure to make on my system.

My birthday is January 19th. Maybe they'll arrive by then!

Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    I.....My son in law asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I asked for two AC-14SE cords: one for my SACD player, and the other for my pre-amp. He ordered them on December 3rd from Audio Advisor, and they've been back-ordered since. So, I won't be able to spend any part of Christmas Day listening to the improvements they are sure to make on my system......
    Well, Merry Ho Hos to you, enjoy the gift. I thought about the SEs but decided on the AC-14s because of the great 3-pack price. I would be curious in comparing the two but would have to order one, which is not happening so soon after X-mas.

There seemed to be a period during 'break-in' that the rig became overly bright and harsh. It didn't start or end this way so maybe it's just my imagination or other influences.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

LDB

Forum Regular
    Yeah-Hoo. Just got email confirmation from AA that my order for 3 of the Pangea AC 14-SE 1.5 meter were shipped today. Should be an interesting upgrade.

Aging Smartass
    Yeah-Hoo. Just got email confirmation from AA that my order for 3 of the Pangea AC 14-SE 1.5 meter were shipped today. Should be an interesting upgrade.
    Hopefully, that will be good news for me too. As it is, my son in law ordered one - not two - of the cords, so I'll do some experiementation with it on my SACD player and my preamp. If I like what I hear, I've already told my wife that she can buy me another one for my upcoming birthday!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information