Forum Regular

which kimber kable interconnect?

I need to upgrade my analog outs from a new bluray to my old processor
    I already have a pair of pbj's so I am thinking of just staying with the same brand.

is upgrading to the timbre or hero worth it over the pbj's? I have parasound electronics and paradigm studio 20's and a paradigm center

also can I buy just three for center and fronts don't think I really need them for the rears

thanks

Suspended
    I have no experience with Kimber but I would recommend staying with same series cable for best timbre matching. You could probably get away with a step down for the rears but at least keep with a quality cable like if you upgrade to a better series use the PBJ for the rear.

Charm Thai™
    I borrowed some Hero's about 10 years ago and placed them in my system for a while. They were more than enough cable I ever needed, very satisfied. Never tried the PBJ's or Timbre's before.

Forum Regular

kimber kable sub interconnect?

ok thanks the Hero is a big price increase so maybe I will get the Timbre for front and center and pbj for rears
    so now how about the subwoofer for $90 they have a single sub interconnect worth the upgrade from the a pair of pbj for $110 or Timbre for $140 a pair? I am not familiar with the benefits of an interconnect designed for a sub

thanks

Suspended
    I would not spend the money to upgrade the sub cable. I feel better cables help throughout the frequency range, I just have my doubts you'd hear your money's worth if you already are using a quality cable on the sub.

If your dealer allows returns you can always try the better cable to see if you hear any difference worth the extra money, and that goes for any area you are thinking of upgrading. Also ask about loaners, many boutique audio shops have cables to loan out for an audition.

Charm Thai™
    Agree 100% with the Mr. Only thing I ever really worry about for sub cable is the shielding because no matter how I end up arranging my system I always seem to have long sub cable runs.

Thread Information